Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MfMan wrote: »
    She was the mother of one of the kids Callum beat up last episode, the one that called Dervla a blow-in. When she didn't get any soot off Dervla, she made a complaint to the guards.

No way she'd be allowed to accompany a Garda on duty. And also unrealistic that she'd have reported the incident given that her son and others were (probably underage) drinking and maybe using illicit drugs. The mother would have been only too aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only ever tip over to Lahinch on a warm summers day but watching the waves hitting the shore in that episode I'd say its a cold spot in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah but she wouldn't follow the Garda to the house. The Garda would have called on his own.

The Guard in this doesn't seem to follow correct procedures at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

crossman47 wrote: »
    The Guard in this doesn't seem to follow correct procedures at any time.

Yeah, like interviewing the whole family in one room in front of each other. That's fairly standard procedure

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Only ever tip over to Lahinch on a warm summers day but watching the waves hitting the shore in that episode I'd say its a cold spot in December.

Every time I see the cafe, I think of the time I woke up in the car parked beside it. One summer, Galway on Friday night, Lahinch on Saturday and home late on Sunday eve. Didn't bring as much as a spare pair of socks.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah, like interviewing the whole family in one room in front of each other. That's fairly standard procedure

And discussing the case with Callum by the cliffs, even in a pretend-casual way. No smart Garda would do that as any evidence would be inadmissible. He's a very annoying cop also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭MfMan

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And discussing the case with Callum by the cliffs, even in a pretend-casual way. No smart Garda would do that as any evidence would be inadmissible. He's a very annoying cop also.

Maybe he's a bent copper?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

MfMan wrote: »
    Maybe he's a bent copper?

Ah jaysus, not another suspect. Me head is done in.
    Don't know if they are trying to play the country guard thing ala Killinaskully or not but it is poor stuff. I'm still laughing at yer wan looking over the Guard's shoulder at Dervla's front door. Woeful stuff along with all the other questioning as already stated.

DIY KING wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, not another suspect. Me head is done in.
    Don't know if they are trying to play the country guard thing ala Killinaskully or not but it is poor stuff. I'm still laughing at yer wan looking over the Guard's shoulder at Dervla's front door. Woeful stuff along with all the other questioning as already stated.

And would you really tread on as many toes as he already has? In a small town and with people of influence there.

Still hoping this ends well, only two episodes to go but not holding out great expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

No way she'd be allowed to accompany a Garda on duty. And also unrealistic that she'd have reported the incident given that her son and others were (probably underage) drinking and maybe using illicit drugs. The mother would have been only too aware of that.

True..but we never saw what he did to him with the hurley..underage drinking would be far less than beating a minor to a pulp....

• Advertisement

It's quieter but nice cafes and bars, plenty of people surfing and nice long beach or cliff walks without the crowds. Ennistymon 4km away is also great for Winter nights out.

Only 80 mins away if they ever let us out of the county.

True..but we never saw what he did to him with the hurley..underage drinking would be far less than beating a minor to a pulp....

That's true, but had any of them required hospital attention then the Guards would be involved anyway. Therefore he can't really have done much to 4/5 lads.

And they're all minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Started out ok but this is a steaming pile of dung. Awful writing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Family money troubles tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Hon Simcard lad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Definitely aimed towards an international audience.

There is no way that in a table of five, an Irish lad would have only white friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

What on earth was that about? Diction is so bad I haven't a notion at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Tuned out after 2nd episode. Dreadfully boring.

crossman47 wrote: »
    What on earth was that about? Diction is so bad I haven't a notion at this stage.

Might be the accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There is no way that in a table of five, an Irish lad would have only white friend.

What do you mean? Sure its set in the village of Ballygobrooklyn

• Advertisement

What do you mean? Sure its set in the village of Ballygobrooklyn

Yep. Lahinch multicurtural especially in Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So are we any closer to finding out who pushed Denis?

Seems like the main suspect (for viewers) is Frank. Not a notion from a police perspective who they are focusing their investigation on. It could be Callum since he was brought in for questioning... but more than likely it's for beating up the other teenagers.

I thought tonight's episode was better than last week, but it's still a very poor programme. I'm only watching it because the series is nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hon Simcard lad

Best part of the episode. Hopefully French Toast will turn up next week

I for one am enjoying it tbh...loving Grace "what the fcuk are you looking at..."....:P
    Another suspect in Michael..maybe..??

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

I for one am enjoying it tbh...loving Grace "what the fcuk are you looking at..."....:P

LOL, yep, I'm lovin' it.

If you get your kicks from watching explicit violence or the ones with yer wan (BOD's missus) fair play to you but this is great stuff. Best collection of women characters we've had in years. I could watch 'em all day and, played out with the Wild Atlantic Way a character in itself, makes for compelling viewing.

A pattern emerging. Lean towards a major suspect at the end of each week, make the next episode all about them then effectively clear them.
    First Grace, then Karl and Jacob next week. Dennis' brother next week.

I still reckon it's Val and she was the one to send the information on Karl to the Gardai. All about protecting the family and her property innit.

And is the boy from Lamb ever going to find that 100k?

As predicted, Frank gets his turn as a suspect. Almost certainly means it isn't him and then the focus turns to Val or Anna? Or does it end up with a show full of red herrings and the conclusion is suicide?

Why not? Lahinch is very cosmopolitan, though the international residents are mainly white Europeans and Antipodeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Why not? Lahinch is very cosmopolitan, though the international residents are mainly white Europeans and Antipodeans.

True there are not alot of born and bred Clare people left in Lahinch and percentage wise even less in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Another suspect in Michael..maybe..??

Seana slipped back into her Mad Mary character just for a minute there.

• Advertisement

Seana slipped back into her Mad Mary character just for a minute there.

Deffo the best line and delivery of the series...pure comedy..i did lol..:D

Advertisement