Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    As predicted, Frank gets his turn as a suspect. Almost certainly means it isn't him and then the focus turns to Val or Anna? Or does it end up with a show full of red herrings and the conclusion is suicide?

We saw someone shoving Denis off the cliff in the first episode so it can't be suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That young wan would want to run a mile from Callum, he sounds like a serial killer in the making.

Was kinda funny the lot of them having a full on conversation in the car when Jenny was about to pop out the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

We saw someone shoving Denis off the cliff in the first episode so it can't be suicide

Ach, of course.

And what if no conclusion but then they announce a second series in the way that Bloodlands did? Viewing figures would justify it - 450k for the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    As predicted, Frank gets his turn as a suspect. Almost certainly means it isn't him and then the focus turns to Val or Anna? Or does it end up with a show full of red herrings and the conclusion is suicide?

Considering where we are in the world a cliffhanger is very much on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Is Frawley's re-opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Its starting to drag on me now, we're no closer to finding out who murdered the dad etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

how many episodes will there be? watched 3, trying to decide whether to watch the 4th and avoid any spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Xander10 wrote: »
    how many episodes will there be? watched 3, trying to decide whether to watch the 4th and avoid any spoilers

Well I just saw an ad on RTE that said last in the series this coming sunday, so you might aswell watch this weeks one

Final episode this week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Would it be the science teacher? Back to the first suspect, after what was said out the front of the house.

• Advertisement

I'm going to guess that it's Elaine, she seems to appear everywhere but has never been suspected. I'm hoping that it's one of the main characters and they don't pull some obscure character that we aren't familiar with, I presume Jacob too young to be considered, I'm really enjoying it ,fingers crossed for a good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

That could be a good call Duvet! Didn’t the mother say something in the restaurant about the dark haired one running to her Dad to sort out anything she didn’t want to get her hands dirty with. Maybe the Dad got beanie hat out of the picture about the kids.

Beanie hat lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's almost impossible to try guess who did it as everyone (bar the wife) seems to have some motive to do it

My punt is that it was the guy with the tumor or his wife to get the inheritance

My wild shot punt is that it was the one in the cafe

It'll probably end up being the wife now

The argument in the restaurant between Val and her friend was strange imo , the strangest part was that she tore into the friend and then just took the key's and her car, she's another one that's always in the background but not suspected. I thought they'd find something significant while going through the old photos , could be anyone and only one episode remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

That's Mairead who is Val's sister.

Is there any chance that he is the baby's father/ donor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Who is - the killer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Who is - the killer ??

Have they a butler?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Usually in things like this the main actor did it, i.e. Carl. If it was any of the lad with the tumour's family he could take the hit and say it was him as he won't make it to trial let alone jail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The_Dave wrote: »
    Usually in things like this the main actor did it, i.e. Carl. If it was any of the lad with the tumour's family he could take the hit and say it was him as he won't make it to trial let alone jail

That's actually a good theory. That Callum pushed Dennis off the cliff, thinking it was his Dad with the jacket mix up. But now his Dad will end up taking the fall for it to save his son from jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I have been reading through this thread and enjoying some of the comments.

For what it's worth, overall I have been enjoying this - a combination of the scenery and the whodunnit element. I do have some misgivings about all the different sub-plots and some of the acting, but I might as well stick with it to the end at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

siblers wrote: »
    It's almost impossible to try guess who did it as everyone (bar the wife) seems to have some motive to do it

My punt is that it was the guy with the tumor or his wife to get the inheritance

My wild shot punt is that it was the one in the cafe

It'll probably end up being the wife now

The wife very much had motivation to kill him. Bad property deals that jeopardised ownership of the family home. Pushing Grace to have an abortion and unsettling her mentally as well as trying to sell the cafe without notifying her. Getting Jenny to invest in his dodgy deal (though unsure if she was aware at the time). Having several affairs. And maybe more to be revealed on Sunday. She was my main suspect from the start as I think she feigned ignorance of the extent of the deals when she conveniently found information in the drawer when Frank was present.

My money is still on Val.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm loving the nicknames for the characters in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MfMan

That's Mairead who is Val's sister.

Could be her alright. She doesn't appear to be there for much reason in the series, only background support, nor does she have a motive that we know of. Something could come to light yet about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am hoping its the dark haired very very intense sister . Inexplicably I disliked her from day one .

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am hoping its the dark haired very very intense sister . Inexplicably I disliked her from day one .
    For all the strong women the 3 sisters are, or appear to be, not one of them have told Val to f**k off when she's interrogating them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

[

My money is still on Val.[/quote]

Is there any reason the show is called smother? She's smothering, s-mother...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My money is on Rob (Grace's ex).
    I'm waging he found out that Dennis coerced Grace into an abortion (when she came round and broke his window) then took off in a rage to find Dennis and found him on the cliff on the way and a fight ensued.

ETA..sorry, think his name is Joe?
    The guy who was in Normal People anyway.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fitz* wrote: »
    That's actually a good theory. That Callum pushed Dennis off the cliff, thinking it was his Dad with the jacket mix up. But now his Dad will end up taking the fall for it to save his son from jail.
    I would put my money on this as well tbh

Advertisement