Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am hoping its the dark haired very very intense sister . Inexplicably I disliked her from day one .

Anna. A good shout. She'd be my second favourite, behind Val. Something to be revealed there in the last episode I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anna. A good shout. She'd be my second favourite, behind Val. Something to be revealed there in the last episode I think.

Did she think it was her husband and push him off .He was getting violent and aggressive due to a terminal illness so she was shielding the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭ax530

If Anna husband dies she loses the boys, she wants him alive until their mother signs the adoption

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

ax530 wrote: »
    If Anna husband dies she loses the boys, she wants him alive until their mother signs the adoption
    Bit late, she knows now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My money is on Rob (Grace's ex).
    I'm waging he found out that Dennis coerced Grace into an abortion (when she came round and broke his window) then took off in a rage to find Dennis and found him on the cliff on the way and a fight ensued.

He’s the fella that was in Normal People?
    He’s my top suspect also.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did she think it was her husband and push him off .He was getting violent and aggressive due to a terminal illness so she was shielding the boys

A good theory I think. And obvious too but I'd not thought of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Watched this on the Player over the past couple of days. I enjoyed it I have to say, was sceptical from the comments here but it has grabbed by attention and it looks great, very stylish. Nothing award winning, but a worthwhile watch nonetheless. I think Dervla Kiran and Seana Kerslake are great in it.
    Fitz* wrote: »
    That's actually a good theory. That Callum pushed Dennis off the cliff, thinking it was his Dad with the jacket mix up. But now his Dad will end up taking the fall for it to save his son from jail.

This is what I'd be thinking at the moment too. But hope to be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He’s the fella that was in Normal People?
    He’s my top suspect also.

Yes, he is..
    Sorry, I think his name is Joe.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

How old is Anna? she looks young for her age because she must be at least over 70 the way she dresses.

Yes, he is..
    Sorry, I think his name is Joe.

I'm very bad with names in this.
    I've the lad from Normal people, the Kirwan one, the one with the bad haircut, lamb guy, Benjamin from Fair City, etc and Carrie Crowley.

• Advertisement

I'm very bad with names in this.
    I've the lad from Normal people, the Kirwan one, the one with the bad haircut, lamb guy, Benjamin from Fair City, etc and Carrie Crowley.

That's basically half the cast :D

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    How old is Anna? she looks young for her age because she must be at least over 70 the way she dresses.

That red jumper was particularly fetching last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Remember the torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Whatever about who done it, the opening and closing music is top notch.

It's the live version of the Villagers - Trick of the light.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Whatever about who done it, the opening and closing music is top notch.

It's the live version of the Villagers - Trick of the light.

Love it. They've borrowed a trick from The Bridge where a gentle track not appropriate to a murder series was used. Both work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

I think of her as Biddy's daughter.

I think of her as Biddy's daughter.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

?

Biddy in Glenroe

Biddy-Byrne.jpg

God, I feel old

Biddy in Glenroe

Biddy-Byrne.jpg

God, I feel old

I thought maybe this actress had been in Glenroe from your comment, sorry!

Glenroe by Agatha Christie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone recognise the actual location of the Hotel where Val and the 3 daughters arrived for the birthday lunch that was ended before it began, when the daughter went into labour? I couldn't place it from the interior that was shown.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Anyone recognise the actual location of the Hotel where Val and the 3 daughters arrived for the birthday lunch that was ended before it began, when the daughter went into labour? I couldn't place it from the interior that was shown.

Not sure may be O'Looney's. Large windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Binge watched this , think it’s pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Radio5 wrote: »

The Falls Hotel, Ennistymon.

Michael Collins is Dervla Kirwan's Great Grand Uncle!

saabsaab wrote: »
    Dervla Kirwan is Michael Collins Great Grand Uncle!

Very gender-fluid of her.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Very gender-fluid of her.

Wrong way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

why are we meant to really care that the doc stole an embryo? We barely know the fella she stole it from also Kevin McGahern...is a fecking dreadful actor (and standup). Oh and what age is Callum meant to be? Should he be at a police station without an adult? I think him finding his dad half dead would be enough for him to want to delay it....

gmisk wrote: »
    why are we meant to really care that the doc stole an embryo? We barely know the fella she stole it from also Kevin McGahern...is a fecking dreadful actor (and standup). Oh and what age is Callum meant to be? Should he be at a police station without an adult? I think him finding his dad half dead would be enough for him to want to delay it....

I don't know whether or not I want to read that spoiler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

I don't know whether or not I want to read that spoiler!
    It doesn't mention anything that we don't know if we've seen the episodes up to date

Advertisement