Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭MfMan

Kinda apt they killed him off, he's the acting ability of a corpse.

Who? Stuart Graham? Excellent actor, you can tell in his diction and timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When is this Megan interview happening? I guess it'll be much better than this : D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

AllForIt wrote: »
    When is this Megan interview happening? I guess it'll be much better than this : D

??

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I thought it was quite mediocre, certainly no interest in watching next episode. Dervela from Ballykissangel looks very well and a good actor. The character Grace et al quite annoying with unnecessarily exaggerated facial expressions, poor acting and over -dramatic storyline.The acting is average.. Agree with others, Pure Mule, and Love Hate were far far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

AllForIt wrote: »
    Tonight, 9 on ITV, 9.30 on RTÉ 2:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I enjoyed it, thought it was well-acted and it flew along. I didn't have high expectations going in considering the last few RTE dramas have been fairly stale but this was a breath of fresh air.

It took me a while to figure out the connections between all the various family members, but it wasn't that complicated. I think the people who are finding it hard to follow must be looking at their phones half the time.

It had a bit of a Scandi-noir feel to it, which is not a bad thing in my book. It was a lot better then any of the recent RTE dramas that I've watched. Good set up for the mystery too. Any number of them had reason to kill the father. I'll be tuning in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Capt Peacock

Is that the bord bia lad handing out the rashers?!
    Typecast or what!
    Yes, or Beardy bacon boy as I call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Dervla gone real blonde or a wig, she looks well what is her age? I remember her from Ballykissangel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Dervla gone real blonde or a wig, she looks well what is her age? I remember her from Ballykissangel

She was blonde on an interview last week, think it was Maura and Daithi's show I saw her.

50 this year! Some improve with age.

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »
    Pure Mule is 15 years ago! Good series and Love/Hate wasn't bad either but Normal people was overrated (I'm not the target audience I guess)

Says it all when we have to go back that far. Normal People wasn't the greatest I've seen, but it had good actors in it. Decent relatable story. the fact it was aired during the first lockdown probably helped promote it that bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Firece posh accents for people supposed to be from Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whose the father of the blonde pregnant daughter, the uncle? Grace the nutty one said he wasn't her father which is why that daughter didn't miss him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Whose the father of the blonde pregnant daughter, the uncle? Grace the nutty one said he wasn't her father which is why that daughter didn't miss him

When the dad did his party speech, he mentioned they each brought one daughter to the family from previous relationships, and then Grace was their own - so presumably she is Val's from a previous relationship.

Firece posh accents for people supposed to be from Clare.

Ah now, some people, even in Clare can talk proper, like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seana kerslake is stunning, best lips you'll ever see

I like her a lot, never seen her give a bad performance. Until now, needs to rein it in.

And we're being sold a pup if we're to believe that she's the murderer. Dervla Kirwan for me.

Clareman wrote: »
    Couldn't believe it was supposed to be a 50th party, they look way older than that

Dervla Kirwan turns 50 in October, so if anything she has a right to complain about them adding a digit to her age.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Huh, whatcha mean???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Dervla Kirwan turns 50 in October, so if anything she has a right to complain about them adding a digit to her age.

She's some woman for 1 woman to be 49 with a 50 year old husband and 3 adult children

Just looked it up, 2 of the daughters are are 30 and the other is 32 and the husband is 53, not that far of a stretch, well not as far as that it can go that long in West Clare without it raining :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I like her a lot, never seen her give a bad performance. Until now, needs to rein it in.

And we're being sold a pup if we're to believe that she's the murderer. Dervla Kirwan for me.

She wouldn't be able to throw him off the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Indeed they can, I live near the Clare border and chat to banner folk most days but this lot sound like they live in Dalkey.

A good number that live around Lahinch are from South Dublin these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

A good number that live around Lahinch are from South Dublin these days.

Lag inch and environs being well colonised these days by and getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It wasn't bad and I'll certainly keep watching. The cast of thousands with their complicated relationships is a bit of a headwreck and takes some getting used to. The middle-classness and accents jar a little, but I guess this is primarily aimed at a foreign audience who won't notice or care, and Clare is there for the foreigners to go "ooh, Ireland looks nice"; otherwise it could have been set in Howth.

Also weird to see an actor from Borgen in it. For people who heard American accents, the guy playing Karl is Danish so has a weird accent in English.

It wasn't bad and I'll certainly keep watching. The cast of thousands with their complicated relationships is a bit of a headwreck and takes some getting used to. The middle-classness and accents jar a little, but I guess this is primarily aimed at a foreign audience who won't notice or care, and Clare is there for the foreigners to go "ooh, Ireland looks nice"; otherwise it could have been set in Howth.

Also weird to see an actor from Borgen in it. For people who heard American accents, the guy playing Karl is Danish so has a weird accent in English.

He was the anchorman, wasn't he? Lots of work for him then as Borgen is back next year, bought by Netflix. They really could string it out for several more seasons.

And he's another one with a nice house. Don't they all have nice houses? I must consider moving to Lahinch.

And the Clare coast is pretty international, same as Galway. In fact for Lahinch you'd expect to see more than one non-Irish character in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

smother this script in petrol and burn it , its horrific .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Good show. Interesting story. Looking forward to next Sunday. Our county looks great.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Good show. Interesting story. Looking forward to next Sunday. Our county looks great.

Could be very good. fist episode is just scene-setting and character introduction. But if Grace is also dead then we'll be whittling down the cast to 3/4 very soon.

Advertisement