Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Could be very good. fist episode is just scene-setting and character introduction. But if Grace is also dead then we'll be whittling down the cast to 3/4 very soon.

She won't be dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

saabsaab wrote: »
    She won't be dead!

I don't think so either. With those wet baggy clothes she'd not be able to walk very far. Means we've got more of her hysteria to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

surely posh middle class kids would be kicking a rugby ball about the place instead of pucking a slitoir ?

otherwise a good 1st episode

fryup wrote: »
    surely posh middle class kids would be kicking a rugby ball about the place instead of pucking a slitoir ?

otherwise a good 1st episode

Hurling county, everyone plays. Same here in Galway, irrespective of socio-economic position.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hurling county, everyone plays. Same here in Galway, irrespective of socio-economic position.

Not that far west, closest senior hurling club would be about 15 miles away. Football would be the most likely ball game played back there but in reality surfing or golf would be the sport of choice back there.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Not that far west, closest senior hurling club would be about 15 miles away. Football would be the most likely ball game played back there but in reality surfing or golf would be the sport of choice back there.

Ennistimon has both football and hurling, only 4km away. Kilfenora a little further. Ennis is 30km and easy to get to. Footballing areas still have kids playing hurling as you see throughout north Galway.

But yeah, if I'd been a kid in Lahinch I'd have been on my surfboard all day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ennistimon has both football and hurling, only 4km away. Kilfenora a little further. Ennis is 30km and easy to get to. Footballing areas still have kids playing hurling as you see throughout north Galway.

Hence I said senior club ;)

ya but not in your back garden, so maybe throwing a frisbee would have been more apt? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MfMan wrote: »
    Who? Stuart Graham? Excellent actor, you can tell in his diction and timing.
    I have seen him in a few things in the abbey and always been good to be fair.

This is a soapy sub Agatha Christie knock off nonsense really but watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode, but suspect it's the setting more than anything.

• Advertisement

Clare Noir with excellent dramatic backdrop.

gmisk wrote: »
    I have seen him in a few things in the abbey and always been good to be fair.

This is a soapy sub Agatha Christie knock off nonsense really but watchable.

Some of that sort of stuff can be very good - Inspector Morse, Wallander and all the Scandinavian stuff. This has an impressive cast, the first episode was just setting the scene and we'll see over the next two episodes how good it is.

Dervla Kirwan the killer (or one of them) from the subtle signs thus far. I hope I'm wrong and this proves not to be predictable.

I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode, but suspect it's the setting more than anything.

i live in clare hoping to see some local sights but most of scenes in the 1st episode were indoor:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Some of that sort of stuff can be very good - Inspector Morse, Wallander and all the Scandinavian stuff. This has an impressive cast, the first episode was just setting the scene and we'll see over the next two episodes how good it is.

Dervla Kirwan the killer (or one of them) from the subtle signs thus far. I hope I'm wrong and this proves not to be predictable.

No spoilers now please

No spoilers now please

No options on spoilers as no previews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

I like her a lot, never seen her give a bad performance. Until now, needs to rein it in.

And we're being sold a pup if we're to believe that she's the murderer. Dervla Kirwan for me.

Agree, it's not a very believable portrayal at all, imho.
    But I'd forgive anything for those lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

A good number that live around Lahinch are from South Dublin these days.

Yeah the rugger buggers love all that designer hippy, wannabe surfer ****e.

'Grace' will be on the late late tonight!

No spoilers now please

is the whole series available on rte player?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

It's pretty good so far.

• Advertisement

It's pretty good so far.

On again tonight, 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Somebody mentioned on RTE' radio this morning that a family tree has been published to help viewers grasp the complicated relationships - has anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Somebody mentioned on RTE' radio this morning that a family tree has been published to help viewers grasp the complicated relationships - has anyone seen it?

The Late Late Show had one on their twitter feed on Friday night when Seána Kerslake was being interviewed.

https://twitter.com/treasureent/status/1370475790824058886

Lahinch beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Lahinch beach.

Spanish point.

Early bet - Karl did it

Hold up - vegetarian kid had pepporoni on his puzza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bigroad

Early bet - Karl did it

I'm thinking Frank the brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

“Oimmm actuallee a vogetarian”. This is becoming a hate-watch.

Advertisement