Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smother

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭MfMan

And still no word of funeral arrangements, or is it all over and we missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Which funeral? Is another character about to leave in the next episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

saabsaab wrote: »
    Which funeral? Is another character about to leave in the next episode?
    Denis, he's been dead for an age now and still no funeral

The_Dave wrote: »

Feel like we know him so well at this stage, I was going to leave a message on RIP.

MfMan wrote: »
    Feel like we know him so well at this stage, I was going to leave a message on RIP.
    It's up on Clare FM now:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Its probably all supposed to be happening within a very busy few days .....
    Why did Ann not take the reg of the scummers car and report it...??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

And still no word of funeral arrangements, or is it all over and we missed it?

A Death in suspicious circumstances can delay a funeral for a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Deeec

Smother started off well - I thought it was going to be good. Im now bored of it and wont be tuning in again - only watched half of it last night. Its full of annoying characters that bore me. The story is jumping all over the place and is not engaging at all.

The best thing I can say about it is the scenery and the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not surprised nobody wanted to show up for Vals dinner, couldn't think of anything more depressing than listening to her whining on.

Grace is the most likeable character in it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How long is it now since the guy died?

• Advertisement

I'd love to know what part of Singapore Calum's accent comes from:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

SingaD4 maybe.
    I'll get my coat.

And don't get me started on the local hoodlums and one of them with a big midland accent on him "I haven't even star'ed"

And don't get me started on the local hoodlums and one of them with a big midland accent on him "I haven't even star'ed"

Alot of biffos spend their holiers in the mobile in Lahinch #justsayin.
    Flah as a midland accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Unless he does a Bobby Ewing and comes out of the shower. It'd make it memorable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Val and family, we were so sorry to hear about Denis' death but it turns out he was so big a c*nt that practically anyone with a CE-reg car could have murdered him. You're probably better off.

Love,
    Pat and Bridie"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The acting is so variable in this....the kids are awful....the red head mother is dreadful. The main gardai Christ....the guy from Borgen not great either.
    Red herrings and plot holes left right and centre.

Dervla Kirwan is really good, Seana Kerslake is normally terrific but I don't know something a bit off about her in this, it could be script etc.

Kinda falling into a hate watch at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The fire starter mother is a real oddball as well creeping around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, she also carries around a bit of a sandwich in her handbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The GAA top is annoying me. First of all, if Callum was local, surely he would be playing with St Breckans or Ennistymon. Ennistymon wear white and I think Breckans wear maroon.

But then when Anna saw the 3 lads and the car, how did she automatically know that they were wearing Callum's hoodie? It was a generic GAA team hoodie. I'm sure all the players have one, across many age groups, so they could have been wearing their own.

I can forgive the accent on him - many teenagers don't have local accents these days and often mimic voices from TV, although it is usually more American.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Maybe she's cloned. Seems to pop up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fitz* wrote: »
    The GAA top is annoying me. First of all, if Callum was local, surely he would be playing with St Breckans or Ennistymon. Ennistymon wear white and I think Breckans wear maroon.

But then when Anna saw the 3 lads and the car, how did she automatically know that they were wearing Callum's hoodie? It was a generic GAA team hoodie. I'm sure all the players have one, across many age groups, so they could have been wearing their own.

I can forgive the accent on him - many teenagers don't have local accents these days and often mimic voices from TV, although it is usually more American.

They live in Singapore... maybe he plays for a GAA club there? That then would make sense in terms of Anna knowing that it was Callum's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They live in Singapore... maybe he plays for a GAA club there? That then would make sense in terms of Anna knowing that it was Callum's.

Ah I missed that bit about them living in Signapore, that would explain a good bit so.

But the random attack on the other young lads at the beach is a bit odd. How did other people know who he was? Unless they 'summer at home'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

singapore-kids-outfield-jersey-red-front.jpg

These should be flying off the shelves this week. The lion is quite nice, the symbol of Singapore.

Ah folks ye are really trying to pick holes (as is your right of course)
    I actually don't mind Firestarter, reformed alcoholic, nearly killed her entire family with the fire, bound to be a bit unstable particular with the custody issues.
    As already stated, the family are based in Singapore (hence the accents :confused:) and Singapore GAA colours are red and white. Of course she knows it's Callum's, sure doesn't she wash it regularly ;).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Fitz* wrote: »
    But the random attack on the other young lads at the beach is a bit odd. How did other people know who he was? Unless they 'summer at home'.

Were those lads not in the school yard, and again in the cafe? I thought Callum was in there, when they said something to the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why did one of the mothers turn up at the house with the Garda? Complete nonsense.

Episode wasn't bad, acting is all over the place but it's somewhat interesting and it's very well shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yep he mentioned it in the car with the stereotypical local scumbags, the bag he was carrying also had Singapore on the side of it in big letters. I don't know why she didn't ask for it back...

siblers wrote: »
    Why did one of the mothers turn up at the house with the Garda? Complete nonsense.

Episode wasn't bad, acting is all over the place but it's somewhat interesting and it's very well shot.

She was the mother of one of the kids Callum beat up last episode, the one that called Dervla a blow-in. When she didn't get any soot off Dervla, she made a complaint to the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

She was the mother of one of the kids Callum beat up last episode, the one that called Dervla a blow-in. When she didn't get any soot off Dervla, she made a complaint to the guards.

Yeah but she wouldn't follow the Garda to the house. The Garda would have called on his own.

Advertisement