Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be a desktop version of the new mobile app...? I certainly hope so!

Options
  • 23-02-2021 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm concerned about the new BOI mobile app as I constantly run into storage issues with my phone making apps not viable as a reliable means for managing a day-to-day task as essential and formal and "grown up" as online banking. Can someone confirm that BOI is rolling out a desktop version of the new mobile app, e.g. in the same way that I can download a desktop version of WhatsApp and use it on my MacBook...? I would much rather stick with a desktop option for my online banking.  I understand that BOI is shutting down the old online banking website original.365online.com very soon. I'm concerned. Please let me know. Thank you.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Mazzerama wrote: »
    I'm concerned about the new BOI mobile app as I constantly run into storage issues with my phone making apps not viable as a reliable means for managing a day-to-day task as essential and formal and "grown up" as online banking. Can someone confirm that BOI is rolling out a desktop version of the new mobile app, e.g. in the same way that I can download a desktop version of WhatsApp and use it on my MacBook...? I would much rather stick with a desktop option for my online banking.  I understand that BOI is shutting down the old online banking website original.365online.com very soon. I'm concerned. Please let me know. Thank you.  
    Hi Mazzerama,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

All banks have been asked to introduce extra security checks whenever customers are logging into their account online and when they are moving money out of their accounts. So, now when you do either of those things we’ll be asking you to confirm it’s actually you, the account holder, logging in. The easiest way to confirm this is to use your mobile phone because you probably always have that to hand. It might take a bit of getting used to but it’s really aimed at protecting us all and keeping our money safe.

This means when logging into the 365 website, you will need to approve your log in by receiving a push notification through the mobile app. 

We are here to answer any questions and help if you get stuck.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement