Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Fergal Bowers reporting that they are worried about Autumn /Winter and that vaccines may not stop tranmission. Govt also saying that unless social distancing maintained at that time that the Health service could be overwhelmed with covid and other respiratory conditions!!!
    Are these guys for real????
    Even Fergal Bowers looked exasperated with what he was reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

tucker1971 wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers reporting that they are worried about Autumn /Winter and that vaccines may not stop tranmission. Govt also saying that unless social distancing maintained at that time that the Health service could be overwhelmed with covid and other respiratory conditions!!!

That's what I was asking about..

I thought I might have misheard but seems not

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

lawred2 wrote: »

Yep I thought the same, just when I thought I heard it all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes like your little rant about some pub that you want shutdown contributed anything of worth

Well, you’ve replied to it twice, nothing on tv ? ;). You don’t get to decide what is of worth here sister so relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Strumms wrote: »
    Its not... fùck them quite frankly.. had enough of the greedy guzzlers...If it happened... the army can act as aid to civil power... if required...

Already a pub in our area... was raided...and shut... only the alcos and auld lads / wans went... stupid cùnts.. the pub is smack bang in the middle of two garda stations...no food... IDIOTS... gardai coming to and coming from work passing it... both stations gardai responding to calls too were passing it..... i might object to the licence being reknewed... seeing as they objected to the health in the community being enabled and maintsined... fùck em.

Jesus. What a ridiculous rant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah here.

At this rate I'll never get back to the office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

We usually get some sense from Cillian de Gascun also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People actually thought this was going to be the end

We will be in a lockdown every dec / jan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Vaccines significantly reduce transmission. Can we put that one in the bin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

People actually thought this was going to be the end

We will be in a lockdown every dec / jan

Indeed -

21 December 2022 - Public Health Ireland are highly concerned with the winter respiratory virus and the potential impact on hospital services. The Government agrees with their recommendation to move to Level 6 until 5 February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's 9pm in Ireland.

I wonder which news eh!?

Like whoring

For some years now we've all had access to many digital channels for TV and Radio. On TV alone at 9 there were 4 news channels available for free, plus some others on paid services RTE is such a pariah here it wouldn't be the first to mind any more.

As for likes, who gives a toss about them?

You asked a vague question. Just accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Not about the game here, no - but he did mention that tiger was driving on the sauce again. It was an informal sort of presser, this one.

Was he on the sauce do they know?(slightly off topic I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

prunudo wrote: »
    April 5th is 6 weeks away, thats a lot more time to go before even construction get going. They way they throw the date around you'd swear its only a week or two away.

Christmas was only 8 weeks ago :pac:

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    For some years now we've all had access to many digital channels for TV and Radio. On TV alone at 9 there were 4 news channels available for free, plus some others on paid services RTE is such a pariah here it wouldn't be the first to mind any more.

As for likes, who gives a toss about them?

You asked a vague question. Just accept that.

You do. Otherwise you'd not have responded.

Anywho...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

That was something about the fact that they said they don't know if vaccination prevents transmission or not .
    So relaxation of restrictions like social distancing may lead to transmission of Covid and also we would have normal respiratory illnesses circulating more than this year , like flu .
    However this does not take into account the fact that the population will be vaccinated , and hopefully there will boosters as well being given , for variants , if not just for enhancing immunity .
    I would be interested to see the full context of that ' paragraph' . Maybe Ferghal is stirring .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

And people wonder why some of us get frustrated and feel like it's never going to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

ShyMets wrote: »
    Jesus. What a ridiculous rant

Strumms has form going all the way back to the early threads.
    If there was an All Ireland for the number of profanities used
    in posts since the beginning of covid he would run away with
    the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You do. Otherwise you'd not have responded.

Anywho...

No. Sorry sunshine, You seem to care. I don't. I replied because you replied with a dig rather than simply explaining yourself. It would have been so much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

The health service gets overwhelmed every winter. The question is, will we carry on as normal next winter with a trolley crises and workplaces full to the gills with people coughing and choking over each other. If the answer is no then that means restrictions.

• Advertisement

This is a seriously concerning window into their thought process

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So if we get rid of Covid we will just lockdown for the flu going forward???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That was something about the fact that they said they don't know if vaccination prevents transmission or not .
    So relaxation of restrictions like social distancing may lead to transmission of Covid and also we would have normal respiratory illnesses circulating more than this year , like flu .
    However this does not take into account the fact that the population will be vaccinated , and hopefully there will boosters as well being given , for variants , if not just for enhancing immunity .
    I would be interested to see the full context of that ' paragraph' . Maybe Ferghal is stirring .

Not stirring, its in the document, however its all talking about we don't know x, y & z about the impact of vaccination.

However that will quite possibly be redundant soon as more is coming clear about vaccination and the reduced transmission

And people wonder why some of us get frustrated and feel like it's never going to end.

If " it's never going to end " means we will always have Covid , I think that may be so unfortunately.
    But hopefully it will be controllable through vaccination and we can be getting back to normal otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

AdamD wrote: »
    Vaccines significantly reduce transmission. Can we put that one in the bin now?

Preliminary info looks very good. It will be a few more weeks before it can be confirmed. I'm sure that paragraph in the plan will be updated then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Ah no.....Thomas Ryan......again......on PT

Not stirring, its in the document, however its all talking about we don't know x, y & z about the impact of vaccination.

However that will quite possibly be redundant soon as more is coming clear about vaccination and the reduced transmission

Yes I saw Tony's post after I posted . :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think EVERYONE, including NPHET, got a right land at what happened at Christmas

I think NPHET modelled at worst 400 cases a day in early January and it was nearly 20 times that at the peak

So now they are being ultra cautious with currently unknown scenarios such as next winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Azatadine wrote: »
    Ah no.....Thomas Ryan......again......on PT

Thank Fûck I’m not watching! An uptight prick is all Ryan is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The restauranteur is good though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement