Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Sinn Féin want mandatory quarantine for ALL arrivals of non essential travel into the state including vaccinated uk and EU residents?! Meanwhile in the North, they’ll be able to go on foreign holidays in the summer where they’re also in power. What an absolute sh** show

Whatever your views on Sinn Fein in general, they've had no consistent policy on Covid in the north or south. The mandatory quarantine is a particularly bizarre idea from them, given (to be effective) it would require a hard border between north and south, and mandatory quarantine every time you cross the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hospital numbers 8pm tonight

Total 642 (down from 676 last night)
    ICU 149 (down from 154 last night)

Is less than 500 possible by next Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Whatever your views on Sinn Fein in general, they've had no consistent policy on Covid in the north or south. The mandatory quarantine is a particularly bizarre idea from them, given (to be effective) it would require a hard border between north and south, and mandatory quarantine every time you cross the border.

Like a lot of their "policies" it sounds great to people who are not interested in how it would actually be achieved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

brookers wrote: »
    Just looking at the different groups for vaccine, in group 4 obesity is one of the medical conditions......would that have to be with other medical conditions or just it. Would be a lot of people with that condition. How do they manage that, would you have to have had a consultation with a doctor etc.....

Obesity is a major risk factor with covid on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

New virus, new pandemic. Jesus wept, Tomas Ryan. We're ****ed if he is listened to.

Whatever them fcukers are selling, I ain’t fcukin buying.

There’ll be a blasket island version next.peigsayer21

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

NPHET first predicted 800-1300, which was revised down to 600-700. Now we look like we'll be very close to beating or else better than the most optimistic scenario they envisaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

plodder wrote: »
    As he said, this idea that the R number has to be less than 1 is a strange thing to throw into the mix, once the vaccination campaign gets going.
    Won't the R number factor in the effect of the vaccine? If we can't eventually get the R number below 1 with the vaccine, then things really will have gone tits-up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

marno21 wrote: »
    NPHET first predicted 800-1300, which was revised down to 600-700. Now we look like we'll be very close to beating or else better than the most optimistic scenario they envisaged.

Do you mean for the end of Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Christmas was only 8 weeks ago :pac:

Half way there so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think this applies to all our political parties unfortunately.

Actually, I have a feeling that's the chap that became a doctor out of school and then went on to do law after medical school. And then he ran for election and became a TD at 28... and then got to be a minister from there.

If I have the right chap then he must be some kind of brilliant to have achieved all of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Mattie Mcgraw on the Tonight show is talking a bit of sense

Apart from saying Stephen Donnelly is doing a good job as can be expected :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SeaMermaid

Where can I find the list of vaccination groups including the group with underlying conditions moving up? I did a search online but I can't find it. What underlying conditions qualifies a person for vaccine? Is there a list of conditions anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Right I know the zero covid crowd are spoofers and all but let's not be holding up gript as some kind of holy grail of truth. Wait until Thursday? The man is blatantly just drying to drum up hype for his 'news' outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

SeaMermaid wrote: »
    Where can I find the list of vaccination groups including the group with underlying conditions moving up? I did a search online but I can't find it. What underlying conditions qualifies a person for vaccine? Is there a list of conditions anywhere?

Try here https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0223/1198926-vaccine-rollout-strategy/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

So I have asthma, what does that mean for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Stheno wrote: »

Apart from saying Stephen Donnelly is doing a good job as can be expected :rolleyes:

as good a job as can be expected from a complete butthead.

Spoofer..he could just as easily sell cars..payments..incentives..travel restrictions...hold firm...last lockdown..rinse and repeat.....he could sell easolief duo during breaks...the science has to be dumbed down for these fools. Promoter for stephen " i have children myself" the egg donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Has Mattie taken up the country music?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

So I have asthma, what does that mean for me?

It's in the link above. Depends on severity and age.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Has Mattie taken up the country music?! :pac:

Typo

Now its Anthony Staines

I like this girl for social dems..beauty is skin deep but ulgy cuts to the core...she cuts to the core...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Typo

Now its Anthony Staines

That's one hell of a metamorphosis :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irelands-coronavirus-lockdown-ranked-toughest-in-europe-and-4th-toughest-in-the-world-204462

has this been posted yet?
    IRELAND'S Covid-19 lockdown is the strictest in Europe, and the fourth strictest in the world, a new study has revealed.

Experts at the University of Oxford have compiled together data from the pandemic responses of 180 countries around the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Is Holly Cairns another Zero Covid follower?

She’s casting doubt on the vaccine aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Right I know the zero covid crowd are spoofers and all but let's not be holding up gript as some kind of holy grail of truth. Wait until Thursday? The man is blatantly just drying to drum up hype for his 'news' outlet.

Sure let’s see what ‘evidence’ they come up with on Thursday. Getting lots of attention. I hate that anti-vax stuff also.

These humanites graduates talk shyte as they are fed shyte..variants blah blah...glewbally we must step up...this mark lad needs a sun lamp the big coke head on em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Amount of people in hospital the last 5 Tuesdays.

23/9 - 642
    16/2 - 813
    9/2 - 1012
    2/2 - 1368
    26-1 - 1689

Be interesting to see what the projections will be for 5 weeks time (March 30th)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭plodder

Ficheall wrote: »
    Won't the R number factor in the effect of the vaccine? If we can't eventually get the R number below 1 with the vaccine, then things really will have gone tits-up.
    Do we care about the R number every Winter with the other Coronaviruses that cause the common cold? We don't because it doesn't matter if the whole country is infected with a dose of the sniffles. The hope is that this virus will be reduced to 'just another coronavirus' but it's the hospital cases and deaths that are the only metrics that matter in that respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Is Holly Cairns another Zero Covid follower?

She’s casting doubt on the vaccine aswell.
    What the fcuk does she know about vaccines. Very annoying the way variants are becoming weaponised for political motives at this stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement