Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,783 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The reporters need to get tough questions together for the next presser and stop towing the line with this or there will be no economy left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Donnelly came across as a right tool on CB last night.

Bringing up that he was unsure if the schools opening dates were actually confirmed. When in doubt shut your mouth. Was he trying to bring attention to himself or seriously that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

muddypuppy wrote: »
    You're allowed to met another household for exercise, so I guess it depends on how loose your definition of "exercise" is.

My excercise is a slow ramble with a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Arghus wrote: »
    Whatever side of whatever argument you tend to land on I think we can all agree that Donelley is hopeless.

I agree. However, the sh1t that's going on his personal life with his family home and security. That's completely unacceptable and would make anyone prone to goofs. Not saying we should cut him some slack that'd be overly generous. I do think we should bear in mind that many of the statements he is currently making are likely not with the clearest of minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Turtwig wrote: »
    I agree. However, the sh1t that's going on his personal life with his family home and security. That's completely unacceptable and would make anyone prone to goofs. Not saying we should cut him some slack that'd be overly generous. I do think we should bear in mind that many of the statements he is currently making are likely not with the clearest of minds.

Donnelly has been inept since the very first day he got the portfolio. He now has prehaps the heaviest workload of any sitting minister. He's responsible for Health, the vaccine rollout and mandatory quarantine whenever Helen gets the finger out. Even for a competent person that is far too much responsibility, Martin should grow a pair and reassign some of the workload to the multitude of other wasters currently underemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Arghus wrote: »
    Whatever side of whatever argument you tend to land on I think we can all agree that Donelley is hopeless.

He's like the Dunning Kruger Effect gained corporeal form and was given a cabinet position in the Irish government.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Donnelly always comes across extremely rattled to me. A guy with a major chip on his shoulder who always comes across like he’s about 3.5 seconds away from completely losing his shlt. I’d say he’s hard work to work alongside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://gript.ie/look-for-ways-to-increase-insecurity-anxiety-and-uncertainty-zero-covid-document/

Gript claims that members of the Independent Scientific Advisory Group have recently been instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty”. The revelation comes from a trove of hundreds of emails, draft documents, and ISAG internal communications that were recently leaked to Gript.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Donnelly always comes across extremely rattled to me. A guy with a major chip on his shoulder who always comes across like he’s about 3.5 seconds away from completely losing his shlt. I’d say he’s hard work to work alongside

He is the kind of person you would love to shake and scream “ get your act together “

One in every job and every family !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Turtwig wrote: »

Not the biggest fan of him either but the threat to his family home is horrendous. Something similar happened to Simon Harris when he was health minister if I recall. It really is the poisoned chalice of ministerial positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

muddypuppy wrote: »
    You're allowed to met another household for exercise, so I guess it depends on how loose your definition of "exercise" is.

Drinking coffee = bicep curls with a 16oz weight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

He came across quite competent/confident....when not in government/when in (quasi) opposition. :pac: Imagine what SF would be like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We'll agree on this retro.

I get a sense of a lot of passive aggressive anger in him. Like he's always simmering, ready to go off at any moment. It leads to a lot of stilted awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

https://gript.ie/look-for-ways-to-increase-insecurity-anxiety-and-uncertainty-zero-covid-document/

Gript claims that members of the Independent Scientific Advisory Group have recently been instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty”. The revelation comes from a trove of hundreds of emails, draft documents, and ISAG internal communications that were recently leaked to Gript.

Never heard of gript before but that wouldn’t surprise me one bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

wadacrack wrote: »

Just out of interest is there usually much of a correlation between this and the number of cases in the days following?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Full dataset on the above. You can see what counties reported the little rise on last Monday

Dublin for all the hassle it gets for numbers doing quite well on referrals

https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2021-02-23_COVID_GP_Survey_Results.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Cork2021 wrote: »

Neither had I. But after reading another of their stories today, I take it all with a pinch of salt
    A group of senior university scientists have said travelers might need to be vaccinated every time they go abroad.

In a new report published by the Royal Society Journal, several eminent scientists from Oxford University, Cambridge and elsewhere have cast doubt on the longevity of vaccine protection, prompting them to suggest travelers might need to be vaccinated for every trip they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My excercise is a slow ramble with a friend

Gardening outdoors is a great form of excecise one can always excecise the vocal chords at the same time from a distance...I am even thinking of taking up the olde worlde walking balladeering with the guitar.. got to excercise or I wont be able to run around the stage at my next gig (have to rehab a knee) and being a bit overweight now from this stay at home mularky.. not good with this virus and I do need the extra vitamin D :D

Thanks your post made me smile as I do love rambling on.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

Cork2021 wrote: »

It's a right-wing opinion driven website with an on-trend sounding name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if true. Either way anything to keep the likes of Staines, Killeen, Ryan,McConkey etc off TV, radio the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I am not one for interpreting graphs or stats, but from a casual passersby glance I hope that does not go on to form a slack U shape.. It would want to get itself into shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gript? may as well use the local lunatic with the ivory coast flag on twitter

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I don't know what Boggles ever did to be there. He and I disagree on just about everything but he was a good addition to the thread.

Even though I had nothing but run ins with him here, he just so happens to be one of the few holding the fort in the restrictions thread. If he was to be let back in, it would be a lonely place over there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I don't know what Boggles ever did to be there. He and I disagree on just about everything but he was a good addition to the thread.
    It's very easy to get into it with others on this whole topic and forget where the lines are drawn. Next thing you're out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Gript? may as well use the local lunatic with the ivory coast flag on twitter

I had to Google gript...
    John McGuirk. Ok. Enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ISAG just talk and as a contrary voice attract the media in swarms. The people who matter have no interest in their hypothesis.

Even though I had nothing but run ins with him here, he just so happens to be one of the few holding the fort in the restrictions thread. If he was to be let back in, it would be a lonely place over there

Oh right. I don't bother to look in that thread - I can guess what is there and I value my blood pressure stability :)

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's very easy to get into it with others on this whole topic and forget where the lines are drawn. Next thing you're out.

Tis a pity, it was probably the one subject I have ever agreed with him about. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

I get the feeling that level 5 restrictions are slowly but surely going to be abandoned by the general public esp in the run up to Easter.
    The gov will be required to spend a lot on more garda checkpoints to increase the level of checks required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement