Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

gifted wrote: »
    Curfew time?

Who exactly do you expect to police that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Why stop at fines, why not kneecap people outside their 5k, and if its 10K then a double kneecap.

That would be excessive.
    But fines need to be proportional to the damage being done to the economy by those who are being fined. At the moment they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Start vaccinating under 45's instead? as this is the main cohort of cases & spread. Something different needs to be done and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ive resigned myself to the fact that until the jabs in the arm ill be in lockdown, we could be back to fairly normal by now except the selfish pricks and morons of this country cant follow some simple rules because reasons that really escape me and then blame everyone else and claims lockdowns dont work when it goes tits up.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

So what if its the schools?

There has to be an acceptance cases will rise of you open something up.

Schools were the trade off and it is hugely important they stay open.

The big worry though with all of this is that everybody is hoping the vaccinations will allow normality again. Professor Crown was on with Pat Kenny on Friday and he said something which made me stop and think, mortality at the moment is at 1 percent and we just about coped. Imagine if another coronavirus comes our way and mortality is 10 percent. I don't want to totally depress people but Nature has a way of derailing plans. I take one day at a time. no point stressing out about retail and staycations. you just don't know what's around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Some wont, but enough will, and they will carry the extra burdon of those that arent as well.

Most won't, you're so wide of the mark here you're on another planet.

11521323 wrote: »
    The Government have failed in every possible way. Implementing perpetual lockdowns and blaming the public when they eventually get sick and tired of them is an absolutely hilarious mindset to have. Wow, just wow.

No. The people are to blame. If the patient refuses to take their medicine, they cannot blame the doctor if they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Start vaccinating under 45's instead? as this is the main cohort of cases & spread. Something different needs to be done and quickly.
    That may yet happen but not until they do all of the more at risk groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Who else is to blame? It's the great Irish public that's spreading the disease because they're in-****ing-capable of following simple instructions.

But no, it's always government, or some other institutions that's to blame

You need to look at why they are breaking restrictions . But you won't

It's because our government are a disgrace .

They have had no plan since March 2020

Just beg for vaccines and hope it works

JayReale wrote: »
    Close the schools again?!? Jesus....:confused:

Yes, but cancel the year entirely. Give all pupils a proper run at this year again. Not expected them to get by with various inefficiencies of distance schooling, which is very inequitable.

• Advertisement

shinzon wrote: »
    Ive resigned myself to the fact that until the jabs in the arm ill be in lockdown, we could be back to fairly normal by now except the selfish pricks and morons of this country cant follow some simple rules because reasons that really escape me and then blame everyone else and claims lockdowns dont work when it goes tits up.

Shin

You and every other fanatic on here who rabble on about "not being able to follow simple instructions" have a twisted view of reality that fails to take into account human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Most won't, you're so wide of the mark here you're on another planet.

You might share what planet you are living on, with most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The instructions are far from simple.

If you think the instructions we have at present are far from simple then I think it proves his point unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No. The people are to blame. If the patient refuses to take their medicine, they cannot blame the doctor if they die.

We need a plan

Not lockdown until they say it’s okay.

Ah actual plan.

Your insistence on this current scenario working is nonsense

xhomelezz wrote: »
    You might share what planet you are living on, with most.

People not following current restrictions, the answer is to impose more restrictions and that will somehow win them over?

I literally feel like I'm talking to another species sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yes, but cancel the year entirely. Give all pupils a proper run at this year again. Not expected them to get by with various inefficiencies of distance schooling, which is very inequitable.

How can you be sure if they cancel schools now come September they won't have to shut them again?

hmmm wrote: »
    The problem with things like reducing the 5km limit is that this only affects the compliant, who aren't the problem.

While there is an in justice in that, and I agree its a negative, from a virus suppression viewpoint, it is immaterial. Those complying will contribute to reducing the spread. Which is the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

Shin

At this stage lockdown is a personal choice. An ever increasing number of people are done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

no but a hybrid approach to schooling should certainly have been planned for by now, sending all students back into small classrooms with no ventilation is only going to end one bloody way and anyone with half an ounce of cop on can see it.

Some schools have incredible ventilation though, the ones in Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Mayo, Clare, Cavan, Wicklow, Leitrim, Sligo etc etc are actually all out in an open field with huge air sucking pumps hovering over every child. The likes of Dublin and Donegal must be teaching in airtight caves underground. It's unlikely to be anything else right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

They are going to have to shut the schools again...like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

You and every other fanatic on here who rabble on about "not being able to follow simple instructions" have a twisted view of reality that fails to take into account human nature.

Oh dear ****ing christ in ****ing heaven, human ****ing nature are you actually having a laugh

I cant take the bull**** in this thread anymore **** me

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TheBetsy

Who else is to blame? It's the great Irish public that's spreading the disease because they're in-****ing-capable of following simple instructions.

But no, it's always government, or some other institutions that's to blame

It's not so simple to be expected to be locked up for months on end as if we are lab rats in some grand experiment with no end in sight, you'd swear this is the black death we're dealing with here . We're not all a bunch of subservient docile cucks

While there is an in justice in that, and I agree its a negative, from a virus suppression viewpoint, it is immaterial. Those complying will contribute to reducing the spread. Which is the bottom line.

Well no, it's not immaterial. Restrictions don't work unless the public agree to them which they're not currently. That's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People not following current restrictions, the answer is to impose more restrictions and that will somehow win them over?

Definition of insanity .

Oh dear ****ing christ in ****ing heaven, human ****ing nature are you actually having a laugh

I cant take the bull**** in this thread anymore **** me

Shin

Off you go. Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

What if the patient isn't sick at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

Genius... So they all repeat the year they were supposed to have done this year? And what happens to the incoming class of Junior Infants?! Do they just sit at home seeing as the incumbent Junior Infant class will be repeating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The fact that we couldn't do lockdown for more than a few weeks without losing the people was highlighted when first going into lockdown last year.

We're now 3 months into our current lockdown and people are suggesting the answer to people breaking restrictions is more restrictions.

It's fúcking bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

On what planet?

Restrictions are being imposed when certain amount of population are not able to follow basics.

Are you following them or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Gov have themselves to blame.

Problem is where else can they go now?

This is a problem for everyone in Irish society. This idea that it’s the government’s problem, they have to sort it out, is so puerile as to be almost unbelievable.

A lot of people need to grow the hell up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement