Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Locotastic wrote: »
    I passed through there on Thursday and nothing, they must be temporary checkpoints, there does seem to be a few pop up ones set up every now and again.

I haven't had to venture much into city centre thankfully so maybe I've missed most of them.

Were probably all off Thursday after the busy day they had on Wednesday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Why would you need to go to a park. The limit isnt to be in a nice pace and enjoy yourself. Its to allow for some physical exercise. It it werent for the benefits of exercise, the restriction would not have your leaving your house at all. People shouldnt be going to parks at all unless its right across the road.

How pathetic to be trolling people like this on a Sunday evening. I don't believe for one minute you are serious, but if on the off chance you are that deluded, you have shown zero understanding for human behaviour. Thankfully most people are aware how farcical the restrictions now are and the absolute state our leadership is in.. I forsee a dangerous road for this government over the coming months. They are in a corner with rising cases but people are livid and turning on each other. Think the government could fall before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Cases may increase further in the days to come. The effect of Paddy's Day may amplify these figures further.

If this turns out to be the case, there is no way that NPHET will recommend easing any restrictions come April 5.

There will def be a change in restrictions come April, Northern Ireland will see to that. Probably some outdoor stuff but if they don't its going to be some crack along the border.

Danzy wrote: »
    You'd have to expect a rise after St Patrick's Day, it was busy enough and the last week has seen a lot of people about.

If restrictions are not somewhat eased come 5 April, I expect some severe pushback from the general public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Poland in real trouble again. Daily cases almost as high today as anytime during the pandemic.

France also not looking great.

Netherlands seeing rapid rise in daily new cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If restrictions are not somewhat eased come 5 April, I expect some severe pushback from the general public.

If restrictions are not somewhat eased come 5 April there will be much more of this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Locotastic wrote: »
    I passed through there on Thursday and nothing, they must be temporary checkpoints, there does seem to be a few pop up ones set up every now and again.

I haven't had to venture much into city centre thankfully so maybe I've missed most of them.

Ah they come and go as it suits I presume!
    I pass that way a lot and they appear occasionally
    Greenhills road also pop up occasionally , mainly waving people by as they lean in the cars !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lemonzero

There is no way restrictions should be eased IF the cases are showing signs of going into a fourth wave or there will be the risk of 8000 cases again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Poland in real trouble again. Daily cases almost as high today as anytime during the pandemic.

France also not looking great.

Netherlands seeing rapid rise in daily new cases

Plans in those countries to implement targeted restrictions to lower cases from those extreme levels

Ireland continues in nationwide lockdown in case cases rise to those extreme levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Was off for a few days over Paddys week and drove 60KM to a beach town but right at the main road entrance was a checkpoint to the area were two gardai who sent me back home. Had to drive another 30KM for the long way around in and got my few hours walk in on he beach.

Was a great relief for the mind. Would of been worth the 100 euro if they did fine me.

It really is a farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭prunudo

Lemonzero wrote: »
    There is no way restrictions should be eased IF the cases are showing signs of going into a fourth wave or there will be the risk of 8000 cases again.

Why though, what is being rumoured to be eased is nowhere near what opened in the lead up the Christmas. Also it could be argued that Christmas time with its associated meet ups and gatherings are unique to that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Wow!

Welcome to the Matrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

I live in a small town. 3000 population. The drinkers that drank all weekend every weekend before COVID are still at it. Theyre not interested in stopping. The latest is they all park at 1 house then fack off to a different house on foot to avoid getting caught.

Also some genius had an 18th birthday party in
    their shed locally. Sent cases soaring. Seems like our only hope is vaccination because too many people have no ****ing sense.

Lemonzero wrote: »

No reason why outdoor activities shouldn’t be allowed. Whether than extending travel to at least intra country, relaxing limits on size of gathering, allowing organised outdoor sport to resume. I would suggest that such things should even be encouraged, rather than just allowed, in order to reduce numbers of people gathering inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

Was off for a few days over Paddys week and drove 60KM to a beach town but right at the main road entrance was a checkpoint to the area were two gardai who sent me back home. Had to drive another 30KM for the long way around in and got my few hours walk in on he beach.

Was a great relief for the mind. Would of been worth the 100 euro if they did fine me.

It really is a farce.

I didn't think they could send you anywhere, I thought it was just a fine if caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, are you coming in by sea or what?
    Checkpoints always around Dublin...

Not been stopped once around North Dublin since all this craic began

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

More than likely back to the persons house who has the coke to be honest.

Ye could well be right.

There are too many people who have decided they are just gona ignore COVID. The 18th party was in a town 30 miles away. An attendee brought it back here and her whole family got infected. Her mother out and about brazen as fvck. Doesnt care. Sent her youngest into primary school and now 3 classrooms are off as they have no teachers free from COVID. Same clown caused a measles outbreak 2 years as shes an antivaxxer. What can ye do with morons like this in your community. Not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

lawred2 wrote: »

Likewise in South suburbs in Cork. Have never met a single checkpoint since March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

And yet I could be stopped 3 times on my way to or from work. Funny how people’s experiences differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,057 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Drove 40k with the wife and small kids to the beach today. Feel like a new man and the kids are in great form getting out of the city. Stopped on the side of road for fish and chips on the way back, felt a bit normal.

The alternative was one of the city parks again where there isnt any space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

rob316 wrote: »
    Drove 40k with the wife and small kids to the beach today. Feel like a new man and the kids are in great form getting out of the city. Stopped on the side of road for fish and chips on the way back, felt a bit normal.

This is what makes the 5K limit sickening. People stuck in the same 5kM rut for months on end when they could go to somewhere else (even in their own county) for a change of scenery, a different takeaway etc.

We are being oppressed by NPHET for the sake of it.

No harm sitting outside a chipper or restaurant either, even if its non alcohol premises only.

Forced to sit in our car to eat our burger and chips when there was a comfortable picnic table in front of us all taped off.

Disgusting pigs is what NPHET are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,057 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like hotel quarantine contract finally sorted https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1373741353230864399?s=19

12 ****ing months later. It really is a farce, you can fly in from God knows anywhere but your made feel like a criminal for driving over 5km

Am going to guess ...because you're in a cop car? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from poor George Lee since those numbers were announced?

He was last seen climaxing uncontrollably

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

People are already mixing and meeting up and fair play to them.this bs has to end soon.life is for living and not this crap.time also for public to start refusing being tested.

So let me get this right.

You forgo the old social distancing and meet up with a load of the mates. Couple days after you start to feel ill and with the nature of this virus - there's a chance you could end needing at least some medical attention.

But ya go fuk it - 'I'm not going to get tested cos I is hard - and if I give it to someone else fek them as well'

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Same here, afternoon at the coast, picked up lunch on the way. I'm on the road half the week with work so locking myself into 5k would be absurd. I've convinced herself not to panic anymore about being out past 5k. The fact I had to do that shows the destruction in people's mental health..

And yet I could be stopped 3 times on my way to or from work. Funny how people’s experiences differ.

Every single day up and down the road from us , major arterial route into the city ..must just like us :)

rob316 wrote: »

Thought you were just 5.1 k from the beach ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

gozunda wrote: »
    So let me get this right.

You forgo the old social distancing and meet up with a load of the mates. Couple days after you start to feel ill and with the nature of this virus - there's a chance you could end needing at least some medical attention.

But ya go fuk it - 'I'm not going to get tested cos I is hard - and if I give it to someone else fek them as well'

Wow.

I see the oul scare mongering from the media has gotten to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

He's the most cowardly, spineless politician I've known in my lifetime. And do you know what, a real leader would shine through during a crisis like this as its an opportunity to show everyone what you're made of.

100% this re: Martin

This pandemic has separated the political men from the boys worldwide

Martin and Donnelly are little boys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement