Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Did I just hear Fergal Bowers correctly on Rte just now. 1 in 4 confirmed cases have yet to investigated (1600 or 1900 total)

So after 3 months of being shut down and cases steady for a long time, they still don't have an adequate contact tracing team in operation which is one of the most important things. We're still pissing against the wind.

1600 to 1900 people who recently tested positive close contacts have yet to be tested/informed. Close contacts were 2.4 last month, 1600 to 1900 x 2.4 is 3840 to 4560 possible cases running about who don't have a clue.

Simply isn't good enough. Unforgivable at this stage. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I don't get this. Whatever about risk mitigation, it does send out a wrong signal. Surely they can have a phone call on this.

Speaking of which, when the likes of Brendan Gleeson go on the Late Late Show, are they allowed bypass 5km because they are entertainment guests?

Someone with a weird level of deference to our "betters" will no doubt be along shortly to say an in person interview with RTE is vital to the running of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Someone should tell him people are less likely to meet indoors if they're allowed to meet outdoors.

Given observed behaviour that's not likely to be true. What actually happens is that when you relax restrictions, is that large cohorts go further than permitted.

So if everyone can meet in gardens then more people will meet indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭billyhead

Given observed behaviour that's not likely to be true. What actually happens is that when you relax restrictions, is that large cohorts go further than permitted.

As the saying goes give people an inch and they will take a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

I don't get this. Whatever about risk mitigation, it does send out a wrong signal. Surely they can have a phone call on this.

Speaking of which, when the likes of Brendan Gleeson go on the Late Late Show, are they allowed bypass 5km because they are entertainment guests?

NPHET are same, lecturing everybody to WFH while they trot out to live press conferences which could be done over skype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have you any evidence of that ? Anyone I know is quite happy to meet outdoors and stay out there .

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    really? but people have to get from A to B - so how does that work?

i'm not sure how people are meeting up at all when it seems impossible to do so.

then again my bubble consists of Room 1 to Room 2 to Room 3 back to Room 2 and then outside for a gulp of fresh air. The best part of the week is going to the shop.

how long more yo

What are you on about? How is it impossible. I know of loads or parties going on in my area, every weekend, its absolutely happening, and all over the country, indoors, because if you do it out doors you get ratted.

Look at the UL party, after that night outside all the parties will be indoors.

Braindead, moronic, carry on from the government.

billyhead wrote: »
    As the saying goes give people an inch and they will take a mile.

But sure people are not being given as much as a millimetre at the moment and they are still meeting up indoors, in ever increasing numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least 20 people have tested positive for Covid-19 after a "frightening" outbreak at an Offaly creche.

The Tullamore creche saw 12 children and eight staff among the confirmed coronavirus cases.

The owner of the creche is said to be "distressed" after the facility "followed all guidance" regarding public health measures.

Both the Federation of Early Childhood Providers and the National Childhood Network described the outbreak as "frightening".

From The Mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Did I just hear Fergal Bowers correctly on Rte just now. 1 in 4 confirmed cases have yet to investigated (1600 or 1900 total)

So after 3 months of being shut down and cases steady for a long time, they still don't have an adequate contact tracing team in operation which is one of the most important things. We're still pissing against the wind.

1600 to 1900 people who recently tested positive close contacts have yet to be tested/informed. Close contacts were 2.4 last month, 1600 to 1900 x 2.4 is 3840 to 4560 possible cases running about who don't have a clue.

Simply isn't good enough. Unforgivable at this stage. Pathetic.

yep, colm henry basically said the exact same thing. We really have to the most incompetent shower running the country. Everything in the last year has been a disaster and still is.

contact tracing set up correctly - NO
    antigen testing implemented - NO
    airports quarantine - NO

basically the running of the pandemic has been handed over to the hse because the politicians are afraid of their lives to make a decision. We also have the most spineless taoiseach at its head, a guy who main attribute is to call another meeting and pass the buck .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Frightening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At least 20 people have tested positive for Covid-19 after a "frightening" outbreak at an Offaly creche.

The Tullamore creche saw 12 children and eight staff among the confirmed coronavirus cases.

The owner of the creche is said to be "distressed" after the facility "followed all guidance" regarding public health measures.

Both the Federation of Early Childhood Providers and the National Childhood Network described the outbreak as "frightening".

From The Mirror

Stephen Donnelly is currently flat out searching for a rug to sweep this under.

From The Mirror

Must be a lot in hospital from it since it was "frightening"

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    ive been holding firm now for a year havent seen anyone in months. just wondering if the government have issued a statement - like what do they expect? we just sit at home by ourselves getting fat and crying into our chocolate easter bunnies?

Your not allowed chocolate bunnies, because if you hold a chocolate bunny firm it will break.

Don sack cloth and ashes and thank the great MM for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

From The Mirror

Amazing it can infect so many so quickly with pods etc. Gosh it will lead to a huge outbreak.

From The Mirror

There are outbreaks in a creche but none in school.. according to the geniuses we have running the show. Schools/Creches went back a few weeks ago and numbers rise - surprise surprise but no its the cup of tea causing the high numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

There are outbreaks in a creche but none in school.. according to the geniuses we have running the show. Schools/Creches went back a few weeks ago and numbers rise - surprise surprise but no its the cup of tea causing the high numbers.

Numbers have not risen - yesterdays cases included 200 backlog.

They may have stopped dropping, but have not risen. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Must be a lot in hospital from it since it was "frightening"

20 children and staff. Up to twenty different families. Say 15. Say two further infections in each household. That’s 45 already before any extended family or workplaces taken into account. Yes it is frightening how it spreads silently and then there are huge outbreaks. Hard to imagine everyone escaping hospital.

Numbers have not risen - yesterdays cases included 200 backlog.

They may have stopped dropping, but have not risen. Yet.

They will rise this week, the preparation is been laid down in the media by the nphet lads already for the shock we are all going to experience in the next few days. the blame will be on paddys day and mothers day, no mention of schools or creches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So what is the solution to level 5 restrictions no longer working? 2 more months of level 5 restrictions....

I wonder at any point will they consider a different approach.

• Advertisement

They will rise this week, the preparation is been laid down in the media by the nphet lads already for the shock we are all going to experience in the next few days.

We shall see, they may not go up much.

If we rise to average 800 cases a day with still 350 in hospital it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

mloc123 wrote: »
    So what is the solution to level 5 restrictions no longer working? 2 more months of level 5 restrictions....

Nah as lockdown is their only solution

mloc123 wrote: »

I'm shocked nobody has pushed government/NPHET on plan B.

What's your plan if level 5 does not work?

Maybe it did work and 500-800 cases a day and 300 in hospital is as good as it gets - job done, move onto level 4 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

things are looking bad.
    Bringing back even more school children.

I can see us having well over 100 cases a day in 2-3 weeks.
    Surely wont be a rise like in December/Jan but things are not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have you any evidence of that ? Anyone I know is quite happy to meet outdoors and stay out there .

How people behaved would Christmas was a good example of people taking liberties and "assessing their own risk".

The Shure what harm, be grand attitude will strike again.

Stephen Donnelly is currently flat out searching for a rug to sweep this under.

Where is he anyway. We haven't heard much from him lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

so could I just have a symbolic wedding blessing in a backyard with 4 guests? that would be allowed under current guidelines?

Schools back, Paddys day, cheltenham, vaccine farce, people mixing more, general apathy, increases across Europe, hard to see us not hitting 1000 a day next week IMO.

Do you honestly believe the numbers posted each evening. I don't. Call me cynical if you like but I think the latest figures are to put the frighteners on people with Easter approaching not that some people care about restrictions anyway.

How people behaved would Christmas was a good example of people taking liberties and "assessing their own risk".

The Shure what harm, be grand attitude will strike again.

Not really, it was bad management more than anything, they shut absolutely everything and then told people make the most of the few weeks in December as there will probably be a shutdown again in January so people went mental.

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    Where is he anyway. We haven't heard much from him lately.

Stephen..today is a good day...donnelly..:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement