Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

How is it that travellers from the US are not on the red list?

The US is a very in important country, they're the leaders of a free world and under the leadership of Joe Biden, they'll be safe and secure.

If Trump was still president nobody from American would be let in.

Biden supporter here.

Americans under the leadership of the Democrats are much safer than under the leadership of the Republican party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He reminds me of a lighthouse in the middle of a dessert.

A large part of the Sahara was once under water, the fossils of large sea creatures were discovered in 2010. Off topic I know but interesting.
    Lighthouse in a desert, lol I must remember that for again. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

iagreebut wrote: »
    The US is a very in important country, they're the leaders of a free world and under the leadership of Joe Biden, they'll be safe and secure.

If Trump was still president nobody from American would be let in.

Biden supporter here.

Americans under the leadership of the Democrats are much safer than under the leadership of the Republican party.

That's nice and all, but if Americans decide to travel over here at the moment, they should have to do mandatory hotel quarantine until risk is alleviated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

That's nice and all, but if Americans decide to travel over here at the moment, they should have to do mandatory hotel quarantine until risk is alleviated.

Stop feeding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Stop feeding!!

Sorry hadn't realised they were a WUM, will save it for the gondolas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Why did I have to joke about a plague? FFS

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111585550

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So they're warning us about longer lockdowns because of variants, yet do nothing about incoming travellers apart from telling them to be good boys and girls?

Who's in charge of the communication strategy for the government? Whoever they are they need to be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Edit: Double post

spookwoman wrote: »
    Slide2.jpg
    ]

Not a great start to the 100k week is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I see vaccinating is a Monday-Friday job.

Vaccinations take place 7 days a week. This is this weeks report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I see vaccinating is a Monday-Friday job.

People in my area were vaccinated last Sunday, maybe the data is not inputted till the weekdays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So in the last week I have gone from not knowing anyone with covid to now knowing 9 people, the new variant seems highly contagious. 7 of the 9 work in health care setting. ( same organisation).
    Not only that I just learned an old friend who I only spoke to last month died last night mid 50,s , leaves behind 3 teenage kids.
    He Was doing ok in tallaght till Monday and suddenly took a turn yesterday and died last night.

Not a great start to the 100k week is it?

Takes minimum 48 hours to collate all the reports, or for them to even be sent in.

But everyone knows what you are really doing, you are so transparent. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

So they're warning us about longer lockdowns because of variants, yet do nothing about incoming travellers apart from telling them to be good boys and girls?

Who's in charge of the communication strategy for the government? Whoever they are they need to be fired.

Fixed that for you :)

Takes minimum 48 hours to collate all the reports, or for them to even be sent in.

But everyone knows what you are really doing, you are so transparent. Grow up.

Shut up you clown.

It says 3k doses for the Monday of a week they are aiming for 100k.

Unless your as thick as you last post that isnt a great number.

Shut up you clown.

As previously explained, it takes time to submit and then collate the vaccine numbers. Many GPs will do them in one go at the end of the week.

You seem annoyed you were called out for your stirring. Maybe don't do it?

As previously explained, it takes time to submit and then collate the vaccine numbers. Many GPs will do them in one go at the end of the week.

You seem annoyed you were called out for your stirring. Maybe don't do it?

Please point out where on the graph it says the data for Monday 22nd Feb is incomplete, so I can apologise for not reading it.

Shut up you clown.

I get the feeling this will be the new Tuesday death reporting lag, as every week dozens of posts repeat the same trope over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

Please point out where on the graph it says the data for Monday 22nd Feb is incomplete, so I can apologise for not reading it.

those vaccine figures are for doses administered sunday 21st,
    Over 82K doses were given last week.
    below accunt updates figures daily
    https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1364528502859591681

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You don't seem to like being corrected but...we know stats lag behind. The child down the street knows they lag,

Just accept it.

• Advertisement

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You don't seem to like being corrected but...we know stats lag behind. The child down the street knows they lag,

Just accept it.

And now its two days later, please point out where it was clear that the data was incomplete on the information provided.

The graph doesn't say it, the HSE have stated it. I said it here so you would stop embarrassing yourself further. You're welcome.

The graph doesn't say it, the HSE have stated it. I said it here so you would stop embarrassing yourself further. You're welcome.

Next time feel free to just jog on when you see a post. Your help isnt required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭brickster69

Shut up you clown.

Still 6 days to go, stop being so pessimistic

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

poppers wrote: »
    below accunt updates figures daily

That's not very nice, I'm sure he's doing his best:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭h2005

Not sure if anyone heard Leo Varadkar on Morning Ireland. He said they would be looking at trends rather than exact metrics, for navigating reopening, based on 4 tests, which are following:

The Government will assess the R number, the number of people in hospitals with Covid, the pace of the vaccine rollout, and the influence of variants on the pandemic.

He added that government is hoping to see the number of Covid-19 patients in ICU fall to half of what it is now over the next month and that once people over 60 and under-60s with an underlying health condition are inoculated, over 98% of the job will be done,

That's the best messaging I've seen yet. Why aren't they all saying this rather than spouting their own specific takes? The communications department is a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Thats unusual, are you sure??

Did he mention that " The next two weeks are critical " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

NPHET seem to have slighty different criteria so no doubt their ones will win out

"The three tests that need to be met, before any significant easing of measures that can be considered are; that the disease prevalence must reduce to much lower levels that can be managed by public health, that hospital and critical care occupancy must reduce to low levels and allow the safe resumption of non-Covid care, and that the most vulnerable are protected through vaccination. "

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0224/1198947-coronavirus-ireland/

Be interesting to see their definition of much lower levels of disease, low levels in hospital and critical care and what are the most vulnerable in society

Over 70s won't be done with vaccination until Mid May at the earliest and that's one metric nobody in ordinary society can do anything about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Next time feel free to just jog on when you see a post. Your help isnt required.

He's telling you what you don't seem to grasp. If you don't want the help then drop the topic after the first attempt to correct you, rather than keep harping on about the same misconception,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Death toll seems to fluctuate wildly, without any particular correlation to case numbers for the day in question...

That's because the system for reporting deaths, has no direct relationship to the case numbers on any particular day.

As has been explained many many times before, there is a time lag in registering deaths - the figure is totals filed on a particular day, but they could have occurred weeks previously and are only being registered now.

It takes time to get the paperwork together to register a death and it is usually done by a family member who has to come to terms with the process and work through it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement