Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Neither do I, you are right. I try to judge people by what they do, rather than how they come across.

And that's what posters here are doing based on what he did during the pandemic.

shouldn't we have had them all along?? with airport restrictions?
    they should be vaccination not test centers. That's all window dressing now like most things. This is so they can point and say "look, another surge...lockdown til July"

It's nothing but a dragnet for mild symptoms which will be used to boost figure which will in turn be spun as high amplitude spikes on the graphs, which will in turn constitute further restrictions,

I see Ciara Kelly put it up to Sam Mconkey today when he was waffling on about long covid.

Michael McDowell on Niall Boylan now talking sense.

Ciara Kelly has been consistently wrong on almost every aspect of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Dammit. My nearest one in Grangegorman is 5.1kms from my home.

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Well Sam said we will have restrictions for years because of long covid.

Ciara said lockdown was about saving lives not stopping long covid.

Do you disagree with her?

• Advertisement

She had the right guest on so in McConkey.

whether right or wrong to date, she is right on this. Long covid itself is no reason to maintain restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

robbiezero wrote: »
    She had the right guest on so in McConkey.

Can I suggest McDonkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You are 5.1kms from lots of places so ! The beach is 5.1 kms away too😂

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Neither do I, you are right. I try to judge people by what they do, rather than how they come across.

Even if we use that metric, Donnelly still comes up shorter than Peter Dinklage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

11521323 wrote: »
    Even if we use that metric, Donnelly still comes up shorter than Peter Dinklage.

I didn't say otherwise. This stuff about one guy being arrogant and the other being genuine is nonsense though.

titan18 wrote: »
    The geohive one. It says last updated today and 8am on the graph for hospital cases.

Journal reported it too

The journal is wrong - it says updated to 24th alright, but there is no data point in the chart or in the background data for the 24th. 357 is from yesterday morning. They didn't update this until well in the afternoon yesterday, looks like the same today.

Yet another failure to understand what the 5km restriction is for

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

I didn't say otherwise. This stuff about one guy being arrogant and the other being genuine is nonsense though.

Well a politician should at least be appearing to possess values which the public admire or agree with. That's all he was doing. You're right, nobody knows if he was truly genuine or not but that really doesn't matter in the context of getting the public's respect or buy-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

In what way?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The walk in test centres are for people living within 5km of the test centres.

GP referral data is out. Not much of a drop from Monday. I'm never sure which data point to look at but "Clinically likely Covid" is up about 50% from same day last week. As others have mentioned, this data is based on a survey, and doesn't tell the whole story. But it is something of a guide. Need to see these numbers stabilise and fall again.

https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2021-03-24_COVID_GP_Survey_Results.pdf

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You are 5.1kms from lots of places so ! The beach is 5.1 kms away too��

Not the beach. The nearest point of the high tide, I can actually get to the top of the beach, just not the water.

Just very unlucky.

What part of
    Open to people within 5km of the centre.

do you not understand?

GP referral data is out. Not much of a drop from Monday. I'm never sure which data point to look at but "Clinically likely Covid" is up about 50% from same day last week. As others have mentioned, this data is based on a survey, and doesn't tell the whole story. But it is something of a guide. Need to see these numbers stabilise and fall again.

You would wonder though, with talk of another wave in Europe, evidence of increased mobility, schools back, Paddy, Cheltenham etc., are GP's erring on the side of caution and sending a few more people for a test, time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

As I mentioned yesterday, anecdotally there are now non covid colds running through childcare / school settings, certainly in Cork, so this could be skewing this data. As I understand it last month covid was the most likely reason for any covid symptoms but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Will be seeing alot more of these stories when 15,000 people are in court for non payment of covid fines

https://twitter.com/SpesScotorum/status/1374669633505087490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Will be seeing alot more of these stories when 15,000 people are in court for non payment of covid fines

https://twitter.com/SpesScotorum/status/1374669633505087490?s=19

wonder how many "thought we left Europe though" responses there will be to that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Somebody said in a tweet that GPs they've seen on twitter are speculating that there'll be 1000+ cases some say this week but I can't find any evidence of it, anyone have any info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Wonder which variant they are talking about. The UK one has been here since December. Why the need for targeted local testing? Might be to find the S.A or P.1 variant like the UK did. Would be great if they show the geographic spread of the newer variants as you might be able to see if that's what's driving it. One walk in Tullomore. De Gascon said before Christmas the UK one is only a tiny percentage of cases and a month later said it was 90% of cases so locality matters.

https://twitter.com/merrionstreet/status/1374721365819981825?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

As I mentioned yesterday, anecdotally there are now non covid colds running through childcare / school settings, certainly in Cork, so this could be skewing this data. As I understand it last month covid was the most likely reason for any covid symptoms but not now.

Yeah definitely colds amongst schoolchildren in Cork

Friends daughter got tested on Monday

Thankfully negative

7 in the class tested but all negative

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

The messaging continues to pave the way for very few changes to the current restrictions come April 5th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

137 cases and 0 deaths here in Northern Ireland.

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    137 cases and 0 deaths here in Northern Ireland.

What are the conditions on the ground please?

Obviously restrictions are in place but in reality are there now widescale gatherings in houses, and everybody mixing far and wide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The messaging continues to pave the way for very few changes to the current restrictions come April 5th.

God forbid they try and get the most up to date info before making a call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement