Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

From citizens advice.

I would take any politician grandstanding with a hefty pinch of salt.

So do I ;)

But I think it is important for ordinary citzens to know there are exceptions...thanks for the prompt replys

Edit...thanks also stheno and Ace2007

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Communication remains a shambles so - completely unclear about this yesterday when addressing the nation and clarifies/changes the message this evening when talking to the FF parliamentary party

See tonight's opinion poll?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Maxface wrote: »
    Great though that he is telling his party that this may be the case, the public can live off of second hand information. I know they have numerous highly paid advisors and at least one of them must be familiar with effective communication. I really can't understand it.

Eh you do know that there was a Strategic communications department that Ff got rid of last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Stheno wrote: »
    See tonight's opinion poll?

Poll was taken on Monday and Tuesday. Would be interested to see whether the results changed after release of the plan yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

A bit of hope

Taoiseach Micheál Martin has indicated for the first time that Level 5 restrictions on outdoor activity, sport, construction and remaining within 5km of home could be eased on Easter Monday, April 5th.

In what was received as a move to provide a tangible date, Mr Martin told the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party on Wednesday night that those four areas would be examined before Easter, in tandem with the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet).

The clarification on this issue means if the advice from Nphet on the metrics were favourable, the first steps to a wider reopening of society from lockdown would commence at the beginning of April rather than later in the month.

Can you imagine the outpouring of people into the world on the 5th of April and after. I'm going nowhere until all the really enthusiastic feckers get tired :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

speckle wrote: »
    would you list or have a link to the exceptions thanks

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/tenancies_and_covid19.html#l1bd92
    If your landlord has given you a valid notice to quit (also called an eviction notice), the notice is paused while these restrictions are in place, and also for a further 10 days after the restrictions are lifted, unless the notice to quit is for the following reasons:

Anti-social behaviour
    Acting in a way that would invalidate a house insurance policy
    Acting in a way that would cause substantial damage to the accommodation
    Using the accommodation for commercial or other non-residential purposes

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Can you imagine the outpouring of people into the world on the 5th of April and after. I'm going nowhere until all the really enthusiastic feckers get tired :pac:

Well I'd like to go to Howth grab a coffee and walk the pier with my new dog

I'll use up a holiday day to.avoid going on the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Eh you do know that there was a Strategic communications department that Ff got rid of last year?

Eh that was the 'Make FG and Leo look great' spin unit.

Eh that was the 'Make FG and Leo look great' spin unit.

At least it existed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

If you run an online business while renting during work from home restrictions is that classified as commercial?

• Advertisement

speckle wrote: »
    If you run an online business while renting during work from home restrictions is that classified as commercial?

Not that I am.aware of, its basically.working from home

At least it existed tbh

The units sole purpose was to spin on behalf of the then FG government, propaganda is not beneficial to wider society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Awful news today with a 16 year old that died of covid. Puts things into perspective for anyone getting fed up with the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Has this appeared anywhere else than Gript?

Not that I can see as yet. They have this scoop and are running with it, similar to the Village getting the Leo scoop.

More information from them now, including emails and correspondence in screenshots. Suggesting they were deceiving politicians and parties.

https://gript.ie/revealed-how-zero-covid-activists-deceived-politicians/

Awful news today with a 16 year old that died of covid. Puts things into perspective for anyone getting fed up with the restrictions.

No it doesn't imo

That 16 yo could have died in December given that the deaths today included December and January

People including me are becoming desensitised to such things tbh

Its like when I was a kid in the 80s with famine in.Africa or the troubles in the North

Not that I can see as yet. They have this scoop and are running with it, similar to the Village getting the Leo scoop.

More information from them now, including emails and correspondence in screenshots. Suggesting they were deceiving politicians and parties.

https://gript.ie/revealed-how-zero-covid-activists-deceived-politicians/
    Wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James 701

Cracks appearing.....

The silenced majority are starting to break through the happy RTE lockdown narrative. Come on

Inevitable imo

Martin stepping aside might be a good idea

The man exudes panic and rabbit in headlines every time he speaks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James 701

My God. Is this what you people have to resort to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Some people thrive on misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Inevitable imo

Martin stepping aside might be a good idea

The man exudes panic and rabbit in headlines every time he speaks

Another poster quoted MM from last year saying that 5km was not worthwhile, and that research had shown disadvantages to it. A year later he's saying the exact opposite.

Another poster quoted MM from last year saying that 5km was not worthwhile, and that research had shown disadvantages to it. A year later he's saying the exact opposite.

He also said last year that non essential retail being closed was silly

A politician flip flopping? You surprised?

How will they cope when this ends which it inevitably will, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Some people do not want more deaths, but they'll get shouted down here. You might as well be a peace campaigner in the republican pub circa 1980.

Its like when I was a kid in the 80s with famine in.Africa or the troubles in the North

It's sad thought that 40 years on there is still famine in Africa, but then again who cares about Africa right? Large % of European countries including Ireland will have been vaccinated before some countries in Africa even get the vaccine.

As Mike in the WHO said, the west buying up all the vaccine's to give to the young and healthy while the sick and vulnerable and those that need it most in places like Africa have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's sad thought that 40 years on there is still famine in Africa, but then again who cares about Africa right? Large % of European countries including Ireland will have been vaccinated before some countries in Africa even get the vaccine.

As Mike in the WHO said, the west buying up all the vaccine's to give to the young and healthy while the sick and vulnerable and those that need it most in places like Africa have to wait.

You can give your vaccine to Africa if you and stay in lockdown for longer than needed if you want

Europe needs to helps it's own citizens first

Then worry about others

Ace2007 wrote: »

Is Ghana in Africa?https://www.thejournal.ie/ghana-first-country-covax-covid-vaccines-5364191-Feb2021/

• Advertisement

Yea Ghana became the first country in Africa, but many others wont' get the vaccine till much later in the year...
    Some countries such as South Africa and Zimbabwe have begun vaccination programmes, but many others will have to wait until later in the year for stocks to arrive.

There has been global competition to get hold of vaccines, and African countries have generally not been as successful as richer countries in securing supplies.

"It is deeply unjust that the most vulnerable Africans are forced to wait for vaccines while lower-risk groups in rich countries are made safe," says Matshidiso Moeti, the World Health Organization (WHO) regional director for Africa.

https://www.bbc.com/news/56100076

The west buying up more Vaccines than they need, while the poor suffer... it never ends, whether it's food or medical who cares about Africa, as long as the West can get on with their lives eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement