Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Ah come on that's not what is happening.

Every person in the country is subject to the same legislation. If you or I leave the house for a non essential reason and get stopped we're open to a fine, no difference here now is there ?

I dont have gardai being paid by an external body to drive around my estate looking at my bloody front door, do I? Specifically looking for one group of people!

Does that remind you of anything? Police driving around paid to enforce laws against one specific group of people?

I cannot believe that you are arguing this. It's insane what some people see as acceptable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Coybig_ wrote: »
    I dont have gardai being paid by an external body to drive around my estate looking at my bloody front door, do I? Specifically looking for one group of people!

Does that remind you of anything? Police driving around paid to enforce laws against one specific group of people?

I cannot believe that you are arguing this. It's insane what some people see as acceptable now.

Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

seamus wrote: »
    Nobody's talking about harrassing young people for leaving their house. Quit with the hyperbole.

The gardai are being paid by an external body to patrol and fine (specifically) students in a number of specific housing estates. Thse students are to be fined if they as much as leave their house without a valid excuse.

This is not hyperbole and your attempt to play it down, as you have many other issues, is not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They've provided screenshots to internal e-mail conversations among the group on what they're planning, strategy's and how to do whatever it takes to further their own agenda - fact or not.

Here is their latest article regarding the media and Róisín Shortall - so disappointed in the Opposition of this country that they'd just row in with a bunch of extremists.

https://gript.ie/zeroleaks-on-their-media-friends-matt-cooper-tries-to-look-impartial/

However what I find the most disturbing - is the neglect of any media outlets in which they've appeared on since to question them about this. Or about anything to do with their strategy full of holes.
    The gall of Anthony Staines to tweet that Luke O'Neil is a 'brave man' when he tweeted vaccine information today shows they're in bed with our mainstream media outlets. The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum.

P.S. Gript is not an organisation I would follow or promote normally, but they're the ones with the evidence here and members of ISAG plus mainstream media should be questioned about their behaviour.

There is absolutely zero there to suggest ISAG were "instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty” "

There isn't necessarily something wrong with advocacy groups getting advice from a PR communications agency.

Gript need to provide a lot more evidence to support their claims and frankly given that it's gript I think I'm going to see pigs fly before they support any claim they make. Hence why no outlet is taken it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭maebee

Well if you heard the UL students yesterday evening on radio 1 drivetime you might have a different opinion. Students didn't care and were meeting up in groups of 10-15 in houses, couldn't see anything wrong with this. Plus also larger house parties going on as well. Most students who spoke didn't care if they got Covid because the chances of them getting sick is minuscule(according to them).

I know two people who are students there and both agreed that it's party central mid-week and at weekends. Both told me that the covid is rampant on campus but it's ok coz they're only getting mild symptoms and are not going to their own families' homes. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Summer2020

marno21 wrote: »
    Paul Reid unhappy with people out and about

If he’s unhappy with the amount of people out and about during weather warnings he’d better prepare himself for the amount out and about during dry sunny weather.

Exactly this. The lockdown is for all intents and purposes finished. Yes businesses will still be closed but a sizeable number of people have now had enough and will to break nonsensical 5k limit. A limit which was stupidly tied into an anti eviction rent policy and this is the only reason they can’t remove it at present. Yet another example of the ham fisted approach this govt have taken to the management of all of this. The majority of people I think will do as they please now as much as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

maebee wrote: »
    I know two people who are students there and both agreed that it's party central mid-week and at weekends. Both told me that the covid is rampant on campus but it's ok coz they're only getting mild symptoms and are not going to their own families' homes. :rolleyes:

Exactly what the students on the radio said yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My son's experience is the opposite, he's in LIT. Shares a house with 5 other lads. No parties other than take away drinks for themselves.
    I did say on this forum it wouldn't be long before the young are blamed again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭maebee

My son's experience is the opposite, he's in LIT. Shares a house with 5 other lads. No parties other than take away drinks for themselves.
    I did say on this forum it wouldn't be long before the young are blamed again.....

I wasn't blaming them at all. I was just confirming Holly's post about the UL students on the radio yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

The finger pointing and ‘ maskier than thou’ on here is saddening.

If students are having parties at the moment (which I bet is very much the exception), who can really blame them.

We are all human and the vast majority of us in Ireland are being incredibly compliant to some of the longest and severest restrictions in the world.

If you want to point the finger at anyone, aim it at the EU vaccine negotiators and our own dreadful government communications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

My Johnny... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Thornysheep

To whom or what body are UL making a payment for these Garda patrols? I am not aware of any facility for a private person or body to pay for Gardai. Are they paying the Gardai directly? What if the Dalkey residents decide to pay the Gardai for patrols in their area while murder and mayhem take place elsewhere? Would this also be acceptable to some on here? The Gardai should be above all influence. This is both sinister and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Turtwig wrote: »
    There is absolutely zero there to suggest ISAG were "instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty” "

There isn't necessarily something wrong with advocacy groups getting advice from a PR communications agency.

Gript need to provide a lot more evidence to support their claims and frankly given that it's gript I think I'm going to see pigs fly before they support any claim they make. Hence why no outlet is taken it seriously.

https://gript.ie/look-for-ways-to-increase-insecurity-anxiety-and-uncertainty-zero-covid-document/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

To whom or what body are UL making a payment for these Garda patrols? I am not aware of any facility for a private person or body to pay for Gardai. Are they paying the Gardai directly? What if the Dalkey residents decide to pay the Gardai for patrols in their area while murder and mayhem take place elsewhere? Would this also be acceptable to some on here? The Gardai should be above all influence. This is both sinister and dangerous.

GAA, FAI, IRFU etc all have to pay Gardai to patrol/police their big matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Thornysheep

spakman wrote: »
    GAA, FAI, IRFU etc all have to pay Gardai to patrol/police their big matches.

Thank you. Do you know to which department they make that payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

That is in the previous articles and screenshot has been provided by them showing Gabriel Scally sent the group Saul Alinsky’s rules for activists which include sow doubt, fear and division, ridicule the person not an organisation as individuals are weaker than institutions, increases anxiety and unease - and many other gems of tips. It’s all there if you actually want to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Coybig_ wrote: »
    The gardai are being paid by an external body to patrol and fine (specifically) students in a number of specific housing estates. Thse students are to be fined if they as much as leave their house without a valid excuse.

This is not hyperbole and your attempt to play it down, as you have many other issues, is not surprising.
    shouldn't that be reported to the garda ombudsman- i for one would like to know who they are paying and where the money is going

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For the data fans!
    Our COVID-19 dataset contains detailed information on over five million anonymized cases from over 100 countries.

https://global.health/

That is in the previous articles and screenshot has been provided by them showing Gabriel Scally sent the group Saul Alinsky’s rules for activists which include sow doubt, fear and division, ridicule the person not an organisation as individuals are weaker than institutions, increases anxiety and unease - and many other gems of tips. It’s all there if you actually want to find it.

You're the one making the claim and yet you want me to find and search for your evidence. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭thebronze14

b0nk1e wrote: »
    He's a domestic extremist. I see him in the same vein as the Gemma O'Doherty's of the world. He's out to sow fear and division.

11 months ago, Sam McConkey was charging around the place shrieking that 120,000 people were going to die in Ireland of Covid-19.

An overestimation of 3,000%. To put the gravity of that 3,000% overestimation in context, the average annual salary in Ireland is €48,946. If you were to overestimate your salary by 3,000%, you would be budgeting for a salary of €1,468,380 (i.e. three times your annual salary every single month).

That's not a small overestimation. It is an overestimation which renders any further statement from him on the pandemic irrelevant.

He is an extremist who set out to terrorise, and nothing will deter him from his insane, hysterical over-reactions. He is a figure of contempt and mockery, not a voice to whom we should listen.

Anyone wearing a mask in there twitter profile and saying things like wear a mask after their I'd give a wide birth to tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm probably going to regret asking:

Did gript actually produce any evidence of their claims about ISAG?

Yes it seems they have a leak feeding screenshots of their email conversation.
    Some people in the email list are even trying to publicly disassociate themselves from ISAG:

https://twitter.com/Orla_Hegarty/status/1364672478115729417

https://twitter.com/Orla_Hegarty/status/1364673818892136457

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

35 Deaths

613 Cases

Ro 0.6 to 0.8

Cases: 224 in Dublin, 39 in Limerick, 37 in Meath, 34 in Westmeath, 33 in Offaly.

TV3 News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SeaMermaid

I'm on the fence about that hairdresser who open up. I think hairdressing and other stuff considered Jon essential are low risk environments. They are closed to slow the movement of people and to minimise transmissions of the virus. If everyone did what they wanted, the virus would have more chances to transmit so I think for that reason it was wrong because it was encouraging others to break public health guidelines.

Mairead Ronan came out and spoke about her experience with covid and she had sore eyeballs. There's no knowing what way a body is going to handle an infection whether it's a mild infection or more serious or severe. The movement of people for non essential reasons must be discouraged for the time being until its safe to move around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

You're the one making the claim and yet you want me to find and search for your evidence. :confused:

I’ve posted about this over the last number of days, you can search them if you would like to look at it. Your deflection doesn’t change the facts re ISAG and their behaviour. If you’re an Irish citizen, you should be extremely concerned about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

7-day average in cases 697 it was 843 last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

SPDUB wrote: »
    35 Deaths

613 Cases

Ro 0.6 to 0.8

TV3 News

R number holding steady so thankfully

RIP to those who passed

Decent cases too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You didn't provide anything substantive in that link

Allow me
    ISAG members were instructed to “review and internalise” instructions to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty”,

Its in the screenshot email at bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

SeaMermaid wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about that hairdresser who open up. I think hairdressing and other stuff considered Jon essential are low risk environments. They are closed to slow the movement of people and to minimise transmissions of the virus. If everyone did what they wanted, the virus would have more chances to transmit so I think for that reason it was wrong because it was encouraging others to break public health guidelines.

Mairead Ronan came out and spoke about her experience with covid and she had sore eyeballs. There's no knowing what way a body is going to handle an infection whether it's a mild infection or more serious or severe. The movement of people for non essential reasons must be discouraged for the time being until its safe to move around again.

The time being will be over 4 months by the time the 5th of April comes up

The way Martin & Co are talking hairdressers won't be back until June

Six months is a hell of a long time to be closed alongside vast portions of last year

• Advertisement

SPDUB wrote: »

Ro 0.6 to 0.8

Somebody tell Anthony Staines the highest estimate is now 0.8 :pac:

Edit: Nolan just said it was between 0.6 and 0.9. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement