Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Thank you. Do you know to which department they make that payment?

Either the divisional HQ or Garda HQ. Would depend on the scale of event / request.

League of Ireland football clubs for example make the payment into the district. The likes of FAI etc for large scale events would be HQ directly as it pulls officers from multiple districts.

All special policing requests are managed by overtime so that's what the costs cover.

Anyway I digress from topic

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Kerry incidence down to 36.6. This would have permitted Level 2 last summer.

Offaly remains highest at 402.8. Nationally 226.1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The guy with the beard, I forget his name, is very good at explaining nuance. He'd be a great lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The guy with the beard, I forget his name, is very good at explaining nuance. He'd be a great lecturer.

Philip Nolan

Shin

Wow, that's a mad chart. Would almost need a third dimension for time. Very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,425 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The 5km limit is not workable in major cities with the weather improving and people needing to get outside for exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Offally meat plants still have covid as they did back in aug 20 level 5 ur only man airport airport bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

marno21 wrote: »
    Kerry incidence down to 36.6. This would have permitted Level 2 last summer.

Offaly remains highest at 402.8. Nationally 226.1

It's madness they don't at least allow county travel within Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

jhegarty wrote: »
    It's madness they don't at least allow county travel within Kerry.

Cue the usual whinging "I live half a mile from the Kerry border and I'm stuck with the 5Km limit, yet someone can freely go from Listowel to Waterville.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Anyone wearing a mask in there twitter profile and saying things like wear a mask after their I'd give a wide birth to tbh!

I'd prefer not to give birth to them but, yeah, people wearing masks in solo photos is very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Anyone else just feeling very bloody bleak about it all? I was okay for previous lockdowns but I'm struggling badly with this one.

I've done the right stuff and reached out to my GP (who's as useful as a chocolate tea pot and has refused to see a single patient since the pandemic started, but will happily take your 60 euro for a 2 minute phone call), been told I could be waiting over a year for counselling because of waiting lists, can't currently afford private treatment thanks to my hours being massively cut because I work hospitality.

Not able to go for a walk with a friend because the relative I live with is so terrified from RTE headlines that I'll be kicked out, I'm already questioned about where I am if I take five minutes extra to get food shopping - and I'm their caregiver so moving out at the moment isn't an option.

So there's feck all else really I can do. A person close to me is so fecked they've been sectioned. A few took their own lives over the past year.

I've had many, many relatives with covid (because they work in hospitals, it was inevitable), the I've had one die from covid, but fcuk me, the impact upon the mental health of my friends, family and I is much, much worse than the impact of covid itself from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The 5km limit is not workable in major cities with the weather improving and people needing to get outside for exercise.

Not workable in the countryside either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what the hell is up with these ISAG guys? is there another agenda going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Turtwig wrote: »
    Somebody tell Anthony Staines the highest estimate is now 0.8 :pac:

Ack! Now I might owe Mr Staines an apology?

Nolan just said it was between 0.6 and 0.9. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

froog wrote: »
    what the hell is up with these ISAG guys? is there another agenda going on there?

Seems genuinely sinister. Would be grand if they were just fringe loons but they're given such a platform by the media its quite concerning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ronan Glynn now with the new virus line

"Dr Glynn said basically we have a new virus and need to see how things go over the coming weeks. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

KrustyUCC wrote: »

"Dr Glynn said basically we have a new virus and need to see how things go over the coming weeks. "

And these people expect to be taken seriously......

mloc123 wrote: »
    I skimmed the thread... but essentially they locked people into the slums?

There was a guy on here a couple of days ago howling that we should imprison anyone who tested positive, and also imprison all their immediate family.

Third World responses aren't far away when people have whipped themselves into a frenzy of terror.
    mcburns07 wrote: »
    I can't understand why this drop isn't being talked about more widely. I guess it's too positive therefore "boring" in the eyes of the media.

Something which has been entirely absent from RTÉ's "ALL WILL PERISH!" narrative in the past couple of days is that Ireland has moved from Really Really Really Really Red to Quite Red on the ECDC's Europe-wide map which tracks the prevalence of infection in each country based on a matrix of 14-day incidence/100k x case positivity rate.

I project we are likely to move on to Orange by the end of next week.

Heard the next two weeks are critical and we need to #holdfirm and #flattenthecurve!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

And these people expect to be taken seriously......

New virus seems to be overtaking variant as the new buzzword to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

New virus seems to be overtaking variant as the new buzzword to use

Martin was the first I heard refer to a new virus, followed by that clown Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I said the other day (yesterday? I don't know. can't keep track anymore) that I must start watching these again to keep up to speed.

If this is the kind of guff they're going to be at, I won't be bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

froog wrote: »

The whole zero Covid movement is a strange one, light on actual detail but full on fear and doom.

Ryan and Staines in particular have never been able to provide a coherent reply to any questions regarding a zero Covid strategy and the border with the north.

Good briefing. Much better than the UK ones. +1 to NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Anyone else just feeling very bloody bleak about it all? I was okay for previous lockdowns but I'm struggling badly with this one.

I've done the right stuff and reached out to my GP (who's as useful as a chocolate tea pot and has refused to see a single patient since the pandemic started, but will happily take your 60 euro for a 2 minute phone call), been told I could be waiting over a year for counselling because of waiting lists, can't currently afford private treatment thanks to my hours being massively cut because I work hospitality.

Not able to go for a walk with a friend because the relative I live with is so terrified from RTE headlines that I'll be kicked out, I'm already questioned about where I am if I take five minutes extra to get food shopping - and I'm their caregiver so moving out at the moment isn't an option.

So there's feck all else really I can do. A person close to me is so fecked they've been sectioned. A few took their own lives over the past year.

I've had many, many relatives with covid (because they work in hospitals, it was inevitable), the I've had one die from covid, but fcuk me, the impact upon the mental health of my friends, family and I is much, much worse than the impact of covid itself from what I've seen.

Vaccines are here, there is a path out of this and light emerging.

To be honest I feel more positive this time because I can see life after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

They nearly escaped without George Lee asking hysterical questions but he managed to catch them at the end re Californian variant & is it true that’s it’s the worst thing ever to come onto this earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Most positive one in a good while.
    Easy for the experts on here to take selected phrases and quotes from it to dismiss them, but in its totality it’s made me a lot more optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I thought George Lee's questions were great. Very insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

If this is the kind of guff they're going to be at, I won't be bothering.

Very positive press conference this evening. Very good presentation on vaccine impact and Dr Glynn clarified the comments from the NPHET letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Ireland's 14 day Covid rate is way below the EU average. The question has to be asked of the government what figure is enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good briefing. Ronan Glynn was very good - matter of fact, but not dogmatic.

That journo from the Independent is a pain the arse though. Every time she's there she's passive aggressively looking for a "gotcha" moment. Her repetitive questions about why they couldn't provide a precise date for herd immunity were infuriating.

Unintentional comedy gold from George Lee at the end - butting in when they were about to head off and asking more panicked versions of the exact same questions another journalist had asked earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement