Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very good speech so far

Streets ahead of “influencer” Leo with his cringe worthy movie quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ah Michael, I'm not frustrated waiting for a vaccine or the 5k or the fact I was out of work for 6 months.

I'm frustrated that your government have done a pisspoor job over the last 3 months in particular and continue to make a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well that was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This is a complete cop out. After the level of sacrifice that the public have already given, and the level of sacrifice that they expect us to keep giving, this is just not good enough

What would you like him to say today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Load of rubbish.

So schools opening in a phased way, and childcare. That's good. Resumption of non-covid care is also good.

But otherwise absolutely nothing changes. Industries still being decimated. People still being isolated.

Surely they could have allowed people to meet a household outside for social activity? Just one? Id kill to meet my friend for a walk but I can't because I live with someone else :/

So meet your friend for a walk, nobody is stopping you

• Advertisement

So em the plan then........... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,403 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What a complete load of bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

seamus wrote: »
    There's that hairdresser in Balbriggan this morning.

It's only the start of it, IMHO. Other businesses will start opening and will make less of a song and dance about it to avoid detection.

10km limit, non-essential retail; even putting these things on the map with a semi-firm date might be enough to convince people to hold fort.

"Level 5 will remain until at least 5th April at which point we will review", just won't cut it.

The problem for the government is that if they give an inch now it'll mean a longer duration of time will have to elapse before they can give any further inches. The infection is still at a very high incidence level. The increased transmissibility of the new variant complicates their dilemma even further. The sensitivity of the rate of infection to any relaxed measures is now magnified.

I wouldn't be surprised if like retail security they did an analysis on the cost of the security measure versus the cost of the loss from the theft. In this case the increase in infections through loss of compliance vs the increase infections through relaxation of measures. The latter would still have a more profound impact. That's ultra crap for the people who will comply with all of this as they'll likely end up being punished longer. I can't really see any alternative though.

We're in a sh1thole and our only way out of it is digging through a tonne of sh1t. Sadly some people will have far more sh1t to tolerate than others. It's not an even load but then society never was even to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

€20 million for mental health, wow.

It's a pity it took a pandemic for the MH services to receive funding like this .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

It's almost over. The end is near.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Very good speech so far

You are deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

marno21 wrote: »
    No mention of the UK variant in the UK speech yesterday.

There is going to be a drop in compliance after this. The people have had enough.

Just more excuses to try to deflect and distract from the absolute shambles he has overseen over the last few months.

As always, they put us into these lockdowns at the click of their fingers but repeatedly make an absolute balls of getting us back out of them.
    They are simply incapable of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Who cares, look after ourselves

Well if we ever want to get out of this mess, we need an approach that everyone follows.

Your approach could lead to a situation of Ireland getting no Vaccines as other countries would buy them up. All these countries that produce the vaccine and the materials used could simple keep all vaccine and say F U to everyone else - and then what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

anything abt the lads from brazil bringing in their virus freely

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In the words of Phoebe Buffay, “that’s not a plan.. that’s not even a pla”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Decided not to watch Mr Martin this time for my mental health. Going by the posts here on it I'm glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

So the plan is - we might try and come up with a plan by the 5th of April.

*slow clap*

martin now has lost the people with that tripe not a crumb for us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's a pity it took a pandemic for the MH services to receive funding like this .

I thought it was a pretty poor amount tbh!

In the words of Phoebe Buffay, “that’s not a plan.. that’s not even a pla”

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Very good speech so far

Shill

• Registered Users Posts: 82,403 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I was being sarcastic with the wow :D, €20 million is nothing near enough, crumbs from the table, completely inadequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What would you like him to say today?

We were promised clarity. That was about as clear as mud. Basically keep going until April 5th and we’ll see then but nothing is going to be reopening after April 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

Disgusting from Mehole Martin and the government.

Level 5 till April, what about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Shill

As someone with vulnerable family and close friends I will never forget or forgive varadkar for his smirking teen movie quotes when giving his speeches to the nation.

petulant puerile egotistical rubbish from Leo at a time of unprecedented stress and anxiety.

All for a bit of social media attention.

MM is a vast improvement on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

What a complete load of bollox.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Did he say 6k deaths at the start the actual number today is just over 4k RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is the press conference with the three (possibly 4) amigos going to be on rte news now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can't multi quote on phone Leahyl and Atlantic Dawn , I know it's not enough , but being honest I'm actually surprised they gave MH services anything at all so twenty million is better than nothing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Did he say 6k deaths at the start the actual number today is just over 4k RIP

The whole Island he said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement