Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Just compare that to the UK plan. I’m actually feeling like sh*t after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Did he say 6k deaths at the start the actual number today is just over 4k RIP

Is it the total for North and South ?
    We mustn't forget our Northern brethren and cistern.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

https://twitter.com/fergalrte/status/1364267063628414988

More ****ing b*****s fon the vaccine front.

No way we are going to get all vaccinated by August.
    It already looks to be factored into the vaccine numbers. 818,000 in Q2 would add up to what's reported

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Coybig_ wrote: »
    A hairdressers in Dublim opened today and Paul Treyvaud has set a date for his own reopening.

If there was any sort of collective reopening then the government or gardai wouldnt be able to stop it. That is what needs to happen. There is public support for it, the people have had enough of this sh*t.

Freewoman of the land clown. Hope she gets arrested if she tries it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

AdamD wrote: »
    So the plan is...schools?

Jesus Christ

They've pinned everything on the schools opening. Again. I can understand it, but it's hard not to be frustrated as someone without kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Where can I find the death by age range?

Et5zJGfXIAA-PFX?format=jpg&name=medium

is_that_so wrote: »
    Less likely with a company that produces vaccines unless you're willing them to have problems.

Well i hope theyre better at vaccines than baby powder...cough cough..aspestos...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Just compare that to the UK plan. I’m actually feeling like sh*t after it.

If you actually trust boris and his “nightclubs open in June waheyyy” plan then I don’t know what to say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

Ever think she didn't have a choice no and this was her last resort.

Either open now or lose her business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

A population of 4,900,000 and currently 639 in hospital and the average age of people dying with Covid is 83 which is the average age of death in Ireland yet we have to shut down the whole fecking country and most have an underlying condition.

Alcohol and cigarettes kill more than 7,000 people each year in Ireland.

Its a complete and utter farce.

Protect the elderly and those with underlying conditions and open back up.

Any comment on the fact that there are 639 in hospital because we shut down the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

it's hard not to be frustrated as someone without kids.
    Pop onto tinder and find yourself some lady to have one with in time for the ninth lockdown :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

PPAP wrote: »
    The moron probably think's the variant's need a new vaccine. It's a new virus after all, his words lol, he'd be warned for posting that crap here yet he addresses 5 million on national television with it.
    He used the unproven 70% more transmissible as evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus Christ when you look at that it's ****ing pathetic the restrictions they still expect of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So no plan.. all still the same but schools opening. No mention of a plan come April and what we might expect.
    More than likely level 4 and stay in own county, some retail may open for click and collect maybe.
    Not a glimmer of hope in April , kids outdoor training or anything.
    MM to make a public address and then addresses nothing only waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

If you actually trust boris and his “nightclubs open in June waheyyy” plan then I don’t know what to say...

At least he’s going to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A population of 4,900,000 and currently 639 in hospital and the average age of people dying with Covid is 83 which is the average age of death in Ireland yet we have to shut down the whole fecking country and most have an underlying condition.

Alcohol and cigarettes kill more than 7,000 people each year in Ireland.

Its a complete and utter farce.

Once the 60+ and healthcare workers and at risk groups are vaccinated we must open up. We really should be targeting something similar to the UK.

I don't think we will be too far behind anyway. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

This has been explained numerous times. What about all their Carers? Should we be all kept locked down too? Certainly we have been completely forgotten about in the vaccine program.

Shes overtly breaking the rules yes..but many many folks are covertly doing it..the result is the same..no arrests in clifton or rte as yet anyway....ok for the bourgeoisie i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ficheall wrote: »
    Pop onto tinder and find yourself some lady to have one with in time for the ninth lockdown :P

I don't think herself would be too happy if I went on tinder in fairness haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thank you, baffling why we aren't opening up once over 65s are vaccinated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm not going to lie, while Level 5 until April 5th surprises me about as much as seeing my feet attached to my legs, there wasn't much in the way of detail there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I don't think herself would be too happy if I went on tinder in fairness haha.
    Apparently it's really romantic, according to that stupid Pina Colada song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Disgusting from Mehole Martin and the government.

Level 5 till April, what about then?

They will do what they have been doing every 6 weeks

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MarkY91 wrote: »
    That's me done (bar wearing a mask).

We have the barber coming out to the house on Saturday.

I did my part long enough. Time to resume my life.

Just remember this:

The past you that would have still be doing it's part is now going to have to do its part for even longer than it would originally have. The people who are still doing their part will have to do it for longer to compensate for you. If everyone follows your lead the infection resurges, people die, people with other health conditions get their treatments deferred, people reliant on covid support schemes have to stay on them for much longer, businesses go even further extinct. Everythings stay sh1t and get's even worse.

You haven't done your part yet. That's the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭brickster69

leahyl wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty poor amount tbh!

Not bad really. You could buy everyone a coffee with that.:eek:

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Maxface

I don't know what bubble the government are in but they haven't a clue about the general population. Done for me now anyway. I'll be making up my own plan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Lads the reduction in AstraZeneca would see us getting 990k from AstraZeneca in Q2

The plan sees us getting 4.5m doses of which 818k is AstraZeneca. So the AstraZeneca fall is already overcompensated for in the plan.

This will make a huge difference. We should be where the UK will be in mid June in early august.

The end is near

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The UK variant is like a new virus. What kind of irresponsible fearmongering is this?

That's actually an accurate statement. If you take any scenario from the first wave and compare it to now the rate of infection this time around will be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Now the presser, give them proper questions lads and ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

You do realise there's more than one vaccine? :rolleyes:

I realise I have two 90 year old Parents who haven't been outside the door in 12 months . They were all excited for their vaccine and they have heard absolutely nothing about it. This Governemnet spin out stories but people are tired of it and see through the spin now. We lost 1000 lives at Christmas many due to mismanagement by Government

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement