Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tams grant on tank not on shed

• 23-02-2021 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi want to get a tams grant on 4 bay tank
    have sechond hand shed to put over it can I still get the grant on the tank and not on shed or will I have to put up tank and new shed tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

QA1 wrote: »
    Hi want to get a tams grant on 4 bay tank
    have sechond hand shed to put over it can I still get the grant on the tank and not on shed or will I have to put up tank and new shed tia

No you can just get the grant for tank and slats. I believe you can also get paid for feed passage area and any concrete area inside the pens. While you could have penning up ( even using d RSJ'S AFAIK I would not put up room until it had been inspected.

Only disadvantage is you cannot draw grant for any straw beef penning or other work

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

You can get it for the tank but not the slats. The slats are counted as part of the shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

If youre working off the 60%grant rate. Might be a no brainer to put a grant aid shed up. Use the other she's for something else around the yard. By the time planning and grant approval is got for the job. It will be nearly 6 months before work could start. Can also see dept having to increase reference costs due to the price rise in materials. This could be the year to sit it out with building work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

Thanks lads quick reply no will be getting 40% at least get grant on tank feck can’t get it on slats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Thanks lads quick reply no will be getting 40% at least get grant on tank feck can’t get it on slats

How come you cannot get it on slats

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Delaval21

How come you cannot get it on slats

I did exactly this two years ago. Built tank put slats on and put that in for the grant then. Once I got the grant money back I went and put the shed up. It was all grafted onto an existing shed so I was afraid the shed on top would affect grant and for cash flow purposes. Grant money went towards shed :-)

Delaval21 wrote: »
    I did exactly this two years ago. Built tank put slats on and put that in for the grant then. Once I got the grant money back I went and put the shed up. It was all grafted onto an existing shed so I was afraid the shed on top would affect grant and for cash flow purposes. Grant money went towards shed :-)

Did you get it on slats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

Cavanjack wrote: »
    You can get it for the tank but not the slats. The slats are counted as part of the shed.

That is not true. I got it on the tank and put shed up later.

valtra2 wrote: »

Thanks lad did you wait to get grant money first before putting up shed

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Delaval21

Did you get it on slats

Yes I got it on the slats. I didn’t go for the shed as I didn’t want to go grant spec for the shed part but the the tank to me it’s makes sense to go for the grant.

Just time the grant so you get approved when you want to start. Eg summer time you’d want to be in for Dec or jan feb time. Be approved around may time then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

valtra2 wrote: »

My mistake so. I asked my planner about this a couple of years ago because I wanted to do something similar. He told me that the tank is counted as one structure and the slats are counted as part of the shed (floor of the shed) . His mistake so 😀

Advertisement