Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing

Options
  • 23-02-2021 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all.Just wondering has anyone every fished the Owendaluleegh river near Derrybrian Co Galway.I came across it on a map and was interested to see if there were fish in it.Also would anyone have any information on the Dunkellin river in Kilcolgan - Craughwell area.I know the Kilcolgan river is closed but can't find anything about the Dunkellin river.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Paul84 wrote: »
    Hi all.Just wondering has anyone every fished the Owendaluleegh river near Derrybrian Co Galway.I came across it on a map and was interested to see if there were fish in it.Also would anyone have any information on the Dunkellin river in Kilcolgan - Craughwell area.I know the Kilcolgan river is closed but can't find anything about the Dunkellin river.Thanks

There is an Angling forum on boards, probably better suited there. To answer your question, the Owendaluleagh has small trout, lots of them. It goes underground in places and gets very low in summer.
    The Kilcolgan River is the same river as the Dunkellin. Closed for salmon but you can fish for trout. Single/double barbless hooks. No club, landowner permission to fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paul84

Thanks very much Zzippy.

Advertisement