Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience with PURE FTTH?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Mental note for me and others - if on Eir and planning to switch services, they will ask for their old hardware back even if you have had it for over 2 years. Letter in post with ask, due date and cost if you don't.
    Don't do like I did and WEEE recycle it in a clear out as you never used their equipment :D They want 60euro if you don't return it...luckily someone on Adverts has saved me 40euro. Unsure what they are gonna do when they cancel/move their service

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

I switched to Pure Telecom for FTTH and got the thank you letter on Feb 4th. Since then they have not been in touch. I have called them twice (for fast tracking) and they were not very informative. Still no sign of anything. Is anyone else experiencing delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Don Imac2 wrote: »
    I switched to Pure Telecom for FTTH and got the thank you letter on Feb 4th. Since then they have not been in touch. I have called them twice (for fast tracking) and they were not very informative. Still no sign of anything. Is anyone else experiencing delay?

I signed on the 4th of Feb as well, i called them 3-4 weeks later because nothing was happening. They told me my order was "stuck" and someone manually pushed it through. 4 days later I was switched to them, but it took 12 days to get online so for nearly two weeks I was without internet. The problem was that they had swapped me over to the BT backhaul and my line was incompatible, so it took them a lot of time to figure it out and change me back to OpenEir. I had to call them at least 50 times. The support was atrocious at times. 10 days later some l1 agent asked me why I am not using their modem to connect (they had already send me two to test). I had to escalate it multiple times to get it resolved. The positive thing, is they understood how big of a clusterf*ck their support had been. Hopefully this info will come handy for you and I hope you don't go through the same.

Hi AstraMonti

thanks for your post. I will call them again and mention your trials, tribulations and 50 phone calls! I'll post again when I get some feedback from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I was told you can let pure contact your existing provider and tell them they are taking over the service and then there would not be any service interruption. Obviously they need to send out a modem first

Alternatively you can tell existing yourself to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Mental note for me and others - if on Eir and planning to switch services, they will ask for their old hardware back even if you have had it for over 2 years. Letter in post with ask, due date and cost if you don't.
    Don't do like I did and WEEE recycle it in a clear out as you never used their equipment :D They want 60euro if you don't return it...luckily someone on Adverts has saved me 40euro. Unsure what they are gonna do when they cancel/move their service

I had a weird situation with Vodafone a few years ago where they had a failed install (the said they could install Fibre, but the installer came out and said we couldn't) so I rang them back to arrange them supplying ADSL2 service like I already had with Eir. They ended up sending me two modems for the two different orders, both the exact same model. They sent a KN guy to pick up modem for the first order, I handed him the modem from the second order (I wasn't using either of them) and he said it was the wrong one! Hopefully you get away with it.

Hi AstraMonti

Pure have been in touch to say they would install on the 25th ...fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

was thinking of signing up to these guy as Vodafone will not upgrade me for free from my FTTC to FTTH, all they wanted to do was sell me their TV service :pac:

anyone know the average install time in a Dublin housing estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

kingtiger wrote: »
    was thinking of signing up to these guy as Vodafone will not upgrade me for free from my FTTC to FTTH, all they wanted to do was sell me their TV service :pac:

anyone know the average install time in a Dublin housing estate?

I had same. When I rang to cancel they spilled so many lies such as they would have price matched and they wanted 30 days notice. Thankfully I had the guy I rang 30 days previously write a note in the account which they conveniently hadn't seen.

I had a weird situation with Vodafone a few years ago where they had a failed install (the said they could install Fibre, but the installer came out and said we couldn't) so I rang them back to arrange them supplying ADSL2 service like I already had with Eir. They ended up sending me two modems for the two different orders, both the exact same model. They sent a KN guy to pick up modem for the first order, I handed him the modem from the second order (I wasn't using either of them) and he said it was the wrong one! Hopefully you get away with it.
    I got that cheap Adverts Eir modem/router and sent that back to them :D I did have 3 of them in the garage last year but all got WEEE recycled :P

• Advertisement

gt my install date for next Wednesday, so getting together my PFSense router ;)

does anyone know the Pure login for the Internet connection for the Router?

kingtiger wrote: »
    gt my install date for next Wednesday, so getting together my PFSense router ;)

does anyone know the Pure login for the Internet connection for the Router?

puretelecom@puretel.ie
    broadband1

And as usual vlan 10

Hi AstraMonti

Pure have been in touch to say they would install on the 25th ...fingers crossed.

Installation went as planned yesterday. When installed I made on phonecall to Pure and was up and running. It took the best part of two months from signing up to getting service. Rural location.

Installation went as planned yesterday. When installed I made on phonecall to Pure and was up and running. It took the best part of two months from signing up to getting service. Rural location.

Good luck, hopefully it will stay up! Since they managed to connect me I have no issues at all, speed and availability all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Switched from eir last week.connection went live at around 9:30 this morning. Had been given timeline of between 8am and 1pm for when connection would go live. Switched to new router this morning and no connection so rang tech support who said it's up to eir to switch the connection over. Switched back to the eir and connection was gone so went back to new one and connection was live.

I'm guessing phone number won't be switched over straight away and I'm only getting 350 on wifi right next to modem so hopefully that will increase. Got the fritzbox 7530 and I already had another one so will probably use as mesh repeater and place in center of house as main ONT connection is a front of house.

got my FTTH setup last week with Pure, they sent me out the Fritzbox 7530 router and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by (using it while waiting for my PFSense hardware to arrive)

I have no issues with Pure so far, they have connected me the the BT backhaul and not Eir. But the 1Gb connection has been solid as a rock, tried downloading a few large distros from usenet and maxed out my line at 108MB/s

Took eight working days from first contact to installation and they also cancelled my subscription to Vodafone (I rang to check with Vodafone)

All in all, very happy with them so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

also connected to Pure FTTH since yesterday, its Eir IFN FTTH, and its BT backhaul. Not noticed any contention or slowdown as yet so fingers crossed.

I was hoping it would be Eir backhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Pure are awful.

A week after moving to them, they still haven’t got my landline ported over. Support are atrocious, different stories from four different agents, quality of agent varies a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Same experience here.

They seem to have problems with porting.

So I'm coming up towards a year with Pure Telecom for 1Gbps FTTH - as a note, I've had no issues beyond me need to update my router information on switch over day.

Are Pure Telecom still the cheapest 1Gbps FTTH via Openeir? :D

• Advertisement

i'm not so sure Pure will be willing to match the 40E for 1gbit when renewing with them?

This is it, who might be the next cheapest :) Vodafone seem to be coming in at 45euros (or 40euro if a Vodafone mobile customer) and a 12 month contract.

Eir its 50euro but a 24 month contract. Only reason I'd look at Eir is that they might have the 2Gbps service coming on line soon enough and I'm glutton for bandwidth :D They will prob sell first before others offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

The 2 gig product will only be available in their IFN footprint (urban, built post 2019). I don't know if you are or are not in such an area but it is something to be aware of.

Ah I'm rural which was activated mid 2018 - just read this Page21 - was the 'IFN XGS- PON network' so I guess they only deployed XGS in urban deployments and XG in rural? Suggests maybe eventually XG deployments could be upgraded to XGS but wouldn't not hold my breath :D

Post edited by KeRbDoG on

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Can someone currently using Pure Telecom 1 Gbps connection, tell me whether you have any issues with them - consistent speed, no drop in connection, customer support quality etc? Thinking about switching to Gigabit Fibre from Virginmedia 240 Mbps connection.

coming up on a year with pure at 1gbit, no issues at all. I'm connected to BT backbone, believe it depends where you are in the country as to which backhaul you get. I've never had speed issues, however ping even to BT ireland is 9-14ms, which I always thought was bit high

I live in South Dublin. The fibre was put by Eir. Is the service reliable? Any drop in connection? Also how is the customer support, many complain about ? Thanks...

never had a technical issue to contact them so no experience, few minor CS queries emailed to them and response was quick and detailed, no issues

Have you ported your telephone to Pure Telecom? I have a landline with VirginMedia and would like to port that to PureT?

• Advertisement
Advertisement