Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashford

Options
  • 23-02-2021 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all, just looking for some opinions (I know, all subjective of course) On the town of Ashford.

What is it like here? Is it safe, quiet? Are the people friendly? Are there any dodgy parts? Is there a sense of community e.g. Tidy towns etc.

I have driven through here last year on my way to Brittas and it seemed nice enough but not much there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

Not sure if Ashford is a town just yet although house building nearby has ramped up over the past couple of years.
    It has a primary school, Centra, pharmacy, physio clinic, a couple of pubs (Chester Beatty’s pub / dining is always popular), ladies clothes shop, Chinese takeaway, petrol stations, butchers, post office etc so with all that I’m wondering if I should reconsider my allocation of its village / town status!
    Mount Usher gardens & all the businesses there are a lovely thing for any place to have.
    I don’t know if people are more friendly than anywhere else but I would doubt they’d be unfriendly.
    I haven’t heard too much about anti social behaviour.
    I think in the past, it might have considered itself maybe a bit up market & there are certainly quite a few very nice houses around.

Advertisement