Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salon owner arrested for opening

Options
  • 24-02-2021 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I'm sure people have seen this already a salon owner arrested for opening. I think businesses should open by now it's ridiculous and she was following the mask wearing the hand sanitizing, the social distancing etc etc. The selective policing going on at the moment is incredible. Black lifes matter protests can gather in their hundreds indeed you can have one of them very publicly call for gardai to be killed to rapturous applause and screams of approval to people rubbing off each other packed tightly together and hey ho it's fine. What about hundreds literally centimetres between each other praying in Mosques? Hey ho it's fine. Gardai dancing around like eejits on beaches? Hey ho it's fine. But a little lady opening a small business with social distancing, mask wearing, hand sanitizing and max 2 yes TWO just 2 measly people in at a time and God forbid that's not allowed? WHAT?????

Where is the sense? Come on like! I can think of tons of things where people are packed tightly together not just BLM protests etc she must certainly should be allowed open.

Shes not some criminal shes a small business owner trying to stay open.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/beauty-salon-owner-due-to-appear-in-court-after-reopening-despite-garda-closure-request-40127015.html

https://www.newstalk.com/news/dublin-beauty-salon-owner-arrested-for-reopening-doors-in-spite-of-lockdown-1155360

Comments

She is a criminal. Well done to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Its not possible for her to do her job and social distance. Her service is non essential. She is closed like other non essential services which is the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The guards will attend where laws are being broken . Forward your concerns to your local station should you see something that breaks the law.

The end.

Or are you selectively ignoring stuff to report ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Not only should she be arrested, but all her sympathisers should be interned without trial.

For the greater good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Point me the direction of the Gofundme please, fair play to anybody calling out the utter contempt that we are currently being held in by our elected officials.

Of course if she had said she was opening to do a Jeruselma dance she probably would have been ok, since those are allowed, but I guess she was just trying to make a living instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Look at who is giving her legal advice, and she gets arrested while he sneaks away and not for the first time.
    This was a complete stunt used by Gilroy and the likes .. Dee Wall all over social media last shouting for people to turn up and protest.
    Feel sorry if this lady is she was used by this crowd. I understand her concerns with wanting to open up but foe the love of god don’t be talking advice from the likes of Ben Gilroy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Does seem a little hypocritical when a mosque breaks the guidelines and gets away with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

this is kind of related but...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but IMHO would it not make sense to vaccinate the young and healthy first, reopen the economy by allowing businesses to open and then vaccinate the over 85s or the older population who have 6 months left to live? I mean how do the over 80s contribute to the economy? Personally if I am to live to the age of 85 I have all my gold years behind me. Living in a wheelchair or being dependent on others I'd rather be d....

Who's going to pay for this in the long run? What kind of taxes are we going to see?

I'm sure people have seen this already a salon owner arrested for opening. I think businesses should open by now it's ridiculous and she was following the mask wearing the hand sanitizing, the social distancing etc etc. The selective policing going on at the moment is incredible. Black lifes matter protests can gather in their hundreds indeed you can have one of them very publicly call for gardai to be killed to rapturous applause and screams of approval to people rubbing off each other packed tightly together and hey ho it's fine. What about hundreds literally centimetres between each other praying in Mosques? Hey ho it's fine. Gardai dancing around like eejits on beaches? Hey ho it's fine. But a little lady opening a small business with social distancing, mask wearing, hand sanitizing and max 2 yes TWO just 2 measly people in at a time and God forbid that's not allowed? WHAT?????

Where is the sense? Come on like! I can think of tons of things where people are packed tightly together not just BLM protests etc she must certainly should be allowed open.

Shes not some criminal shes a small business owner trying to stay open.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/beauty-salon-owner-due-to-appear-in-court-after-reopening-despite-garda-closure-request-40127015.html

https://www.newstalk.com/news/dublin-beauty-salon-owner-arrested-for-reopening-doors-in-spite-of-lockdown-1155360

It's all about control, and erosion of our rights.... And fqin the respectable folk up the aras... Letting the savages run amok, and multicultis/minorities have their day/s out is just another part of their experiment.. Sad on so many levels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Allinall

Person breaks the law and gets arrested.

What a shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This is not the Covid-19 forum and can be discussed in one of the multitude of threads there, no need for a new thread on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement