Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camping outside to self isolate from idiodicy

• 24-02-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I don't that my wife is completely ignoring any advice from myself or our children to stay at home;

And is proceeding to attend a sleepover in her sisters house with a number of other people; followed by collecting her mother from another house in our car tomorrow morning;

To then travel to a hotel for her sisters wedding ceremony for which she is matron of honour; stand for photos obviously with no mask 🤯 followed by attending a house party before dropping her mother and whoever else home in our car then returning home to our house tomorrow night because for whatever reason she can't say no to anything.

What more can I do than try to emphasize the importance of staying at home without doing any of it,

I can't afford to live somewhere else for at least two weeks because I'm 99% sure she's going to bring it home because some of these people in attendance are complete idiot's mostly born in the 90's and living for the moment no tomorrow.

I'm strongly planning a way to camp in the back garden for two weeks to self isolate; there's power sockets in the garden shed I can run extension lead to charge my phone, just got no fridge.

The only risk then is the car she's using; it's mine, and I'll need it for work as I'm an essential worker aswell as use the car for self isolating lunch breaks.

It's only a matter of time now, obviously I don't provide enough at home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭celt262

Hide the car keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Put her in the garden shed for 2 weeks?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think you need to take a step back and assess the bigger picture of how you can live with less anxiety.

First of all, is there some bigger argument going on here, why would your wife allow you to sleep in a tent for two weeks in the winter? That would seem a bit selfish.

But also, why would you create this kind of ultimatum where you sacrifice yourself and become a bit of a victim. Are you trying to win the higher moral ground in an ongoing battle with your wife?

Maybe you should make a strong case for yourself, try to get some consesions, for example, her not doing the sleepover or party, in order for her to fully participate in this important family event but also reduce some of the risk.

Be mindful that you are not just arguing with your wife but you are seriously distancing your in laws by taking on their wedding!

You might have to swallow some of it, the strategic play. And remember that life is full of risk covid or not, you are going to have to learn to accept it and minimize it but there is no need to punish yourself and sleep in a tent.

Also sleeping in the tent will lead to other risks and could affect your stress at work, social life etc, don't cut of your nose to prove a point.

Ps don't explicitly use the word "selfish" at any stage lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

You should go with her OP. Sounds like a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

This can’t be real? No one could be so stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lock her out of the house, she can go camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Hi OP,

Have you actually talked to your wife about your concerns before you posted to the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Have some self respect. Never to late to grow a set of balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

LenWoods wrote: »
    I don't that my wife is completely ignoring any advice from myself or our children to stay at home;

And is proceeding to attend a sleepover in her sisters house with a number of other people; followed by collecting her mother from another house in our car tomorrow morning;

To then travel to a hotel for her sisters wedding ceremony for which she is matron of honour; stand for photos obviously with no mask 🀯 followed by attending a house party before dropping her mother and whoever else home in our car then returning home to our house tomorrow night because for whatever reason she can't say no to anything.

What more can I do than try to emphasize the importance of staying at home without doing any of it,

I can't afford to live somewhere else for at least two weeks because I'm 99% sure she's going to bring it home because some of these people in attendance are complete idiot's mostly born in the 90's and living for the moment no tomorrow.

I'm strongly planning a way to camp in the back garden for two weeks to self isolate; there's power sockets in the garden shed I can run extension lead to charge my phone, just got no fridge.

The only risk then is the car she's using; it's mine, and I'll need it for work as I'm an essential worker aswell as use the car for self isolating lunch breaks.

This is obviously a Current Affair of National importance. Boards.ie, we must discuss this for ten thousand posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

LenWoods wrote: »

To then travel to a hotel for her sisters wedding ceremony for which she is matron of honour; stand for photos obviously with no mask 🤯 followed by attending a house party before dropping her mother and whoever else home in our car then returning home to our house tomorrow night because for whatever reason she can't say no to anything.

how many were at the wedding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,123 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I can't believe nobody has suggested the simple and obvious solution.

Just shag her sister. Then the wedding gets called off. Everyone is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: I think this would be more suited to the Relationship Issues forum OP - if you are seeking advice, I suggest you post there. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement