Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Surger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I assumed the O'Hara's Nitro Stout was their "Dry Irish Stout", which I also think is decent in a bottle. But I always struggled to pay €2.75 for it in Supervalu, when LF was €2.50 in Tesco. In the before times, when I was in Brewery Corner, I don't think either Stout was nitro'd. LF wasn't anyway.

@LollipopJimmy I've also been messing with topping non-nitro cans with the surger. Works well with a lot of the darker, lower carbonated beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No, the O'Haras nitro stout is a different product, in a widget can.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Found cans today for the first time since Christmas. Full shelf in tesco at coonagh in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Plenty of cans around it seems, but of the two local shops I've seen the cans neither have surger units. Has anyone seen the units around?

Keen to get one for watching the rugby this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

7 devices in stock in Tesco Arthurs Quay Limerick (as of 2 hours ago!)

• Advertisement

Plenty of the cans in Bray. No devices though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nor a chance any of these ones will arrive before the start of the Rugby, but for anyone getting desperate, these ones are available from many sellers with EU shipping, and can take less than a week to arrive. They are also considered better units by almost everyone that has used them that I have spoken with or seen online. No doubt there are a few here that may dispute it, but still a majority opinion prefer them I would think. This is an example listing, maybe longer shipping than others or possibly covering in case of any delays. Most EU warehouses take under a week ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

My local supervalu had the Nitro cans in a new type of box(open ended not the older closed box of cans) at the weekend so I gladly grabbed them as I hadn't seen them since early December

Tried them out and the results were very poor compared to all other Nitro cans I've had previously. Very little head generated. The device seems fine it's charged and I can hear it making the pulsing noise and light is on etc. Wondering if it might have been a bad batch.

Anybody else have similar experience?

First world problem at it's finest!

I had the exact same issue last night. It definitely wasn't performing like it did before Christmas, open boxed cans too.

Are these essentially the same as the Guinness units just without the branding, or is there a technical difference?

• Advertisement

Have ordered one of those devices on Aliexpress. Worth a shot at €18 given that it may be a good while until the Guinness ones reappear in the shops.

Hopefully it's just a bad batch in that case. Might wait a week or two before trying again.

The surger/ nitro surge facebook group is all giving out about the quality of the latest batch of cans. Me and the father in law still working through the 538 slabs though!

I got a bad batch of normal Guinness draught (538ml) around November. I had a load of them that were flat even if the widget worked (which it didn't a lot of times). I notified them about it, but the girl on the other end was really slow getting back to me, not really bothered it seemed. I found that annoying. Then she asked me for all of my details address, DOB, Name etc. and a few other daft questions. Later she asked how many of them I had left in my fridge. Then said they were sending this inflatable tube crap to collect them and i was told it could take up to 6 months to check them etc. That arrived the first week in January, I didn't bother. I just wanted to make them aware I had a bad batch. I was equally or more annoyed with the slow replies.

I grabbed another 6 pack last night and had 2. The head was much better than the muck produced last week. It maybe didn't last as long as I'd like but it was definitely better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

@Suckit I can just imagine some lad phoning up to complain... "Yeah they've all been opened... I had to check all of them. What do you mean you won't give me a free slab" 😉

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Tesco in Dundrum have a decent stock of cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Just wondering has anyone seen the Guinness surger unit anywhere?

Aye, got that, and I understand, but had explained that there had been a christening and most were drank, it was just to notify them.. I wasn't bothered with getting a free slab.. Especially then, they were only €20 😂 (The good ol' days.)

The real annoyance was every week and a half-ish another email asking me details.

An odd free slab now would be greatly appreciated.. 😜

Post edited by Suckit on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I have 6 of these cans for weeks now but no unit.

Anybody seen the unit for sale in Clare or limerick?

Tesco in coonagh seem to get a fairly regular flow of them. Also supervalu at Grove Island

No devices anywhere.

anyway I found an old Guinness surger unit I had from years ago.

works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

Same happened to me. I got a slab from Tesco a few weeks before Xmas. Half of them were flat so poured them out. Some waste of money

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The ultrasonic jewellery cleansers are back in Aldi tomorrow if anybody's interested in giving them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭POBox19

Can't see these on aldi.ie, can you post the link and how much they cost, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Advertisement