Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Bambaata wrote: »
    Why does Sam grind so much on hills!? can never understand it

Even though it’s game over now, he still grinds out a huge gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sonny Colbrelli looks like a right hardy buck on the bike-- If there was a fight outside the nightclub I would take him from this group...

I think Nizzolo looks like a hard b*stard!

Out of this group I'd like to see maybe matthews or colbrelli do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Van Poppel looks as bolloxed as Bennett

I'm surprised there haven't been more attacks since the one that dropped Sam and van Poppel

• Advertisement

This is a lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

This is a lottery

Well, Van Aert picks the right numbers most weeks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Anyone watching the Cholet Pays de la Loire sprint finish? I think Bouhanni should be banned for a month or something. Basically just went for Stewart. Incredibly dangerous.

mewso wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Cholet Pays de la Loire sprint finish? I think Bouhanni should be banned for a month or something. Basically just went for Stewart. Incredibly dangerous.

https://twitter.com/CiclismoenTv/status/1376186339155193862

Well that's a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

mewso wrote: »

Ah, is Nacer back on the crazy tablets again? He had gone quiet for a few years I thought. Musta took the red pill instead of the blue one this morning.

• Advertisement

Wevelgem didn't turn into the sprinters day Bennett would have hoped for. Unfortunate he had no team mates with him to protect him from the wind and do some turns for him. Maybe then he would have stayed with the front group for the sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,163 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ah, is Nacer back on the crazy tablets again? He had gone quiet for a few years I thought. Musta took the red pill instead of the blue one this morning.

Always was a muppet but the last few years he hasnt been fast enough to be in the position to be this much of a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Cycling news on SamB's tough time today.

Couldnt keep anything down and got a hunger flat
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sam-bennett-goes-deep-but-hunger-flat-ends-gent-wevelgem-challenge-in-finale/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

mewso wrote:

Those new barriers did the trick there. With the old barriers Stewart is in hospital and 3 other riders are sliding along the road

Win for Vos the boss. So jumbo visma have done the double.

Peterx wrote: »
    Those new barriers did the trick there. With the old barriers Stewart is in hospital and 3 other riders are sliding along the road

They just angled the ads on them have another look, they just start before he makes contract with Stewart. Second sooner and that was as you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Cycling news on SamB's tough time today.

Couldnt keep anything down and got a hunger flat
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sam-bennett-goes-deep-but-hunger-flat-ends-gent-wevelgem-challenge-in-finale/

What a shame, but at least it was nothing worse than a full stomach and the strenuous effort of the climb that was to blame.

What was it about Gent-Wevelgem that there were no team cars with the lead group? Are each team not allowed two cars in the race or was there another reason? I noticed there was only the commissar and the Shimano service vehicle to be seen when Sam started thowing ropes? Some team assistance at that point would have been useful.............

Strade Potholes around the roads of South Clare would be my pitch

• Advertisement

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    What a shame, but at least it was nothing worse than a full stomach and the strenuous effort of the climb that was to blame.

What was it about Gent-Wevelgem that there were no team cars with the lead group? Are each team not allowed two cars in the race or was there another reason? I noticed there was only the commissar and the Shimano service vehicle to be seen when Sam started thowing ropes? Some team assistance at that point would have been useful.............

A lot of the roads around the bergs were narrow and single lane only, could not get a car past others to the lead group. The road only widened in the last 15k or so when Sam was getting dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dublin49

hard to believe one of his team wasnt with him early on when split came

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

retalivity wrote: »
    A lot of the roads around the bergs were narrow and single lane only, could not get a car past others to the lead group. The road only widened in the last 15k or so when Sam was getting dropped.

I dont think that was the case where he ran into trouble though wit 33km to go? There was ample room on the road from Kemmel into Ypres for team cars, yet there was none nor for some time afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I dont think that was the case where he ran into trouble though wit 33km to go? There was ample room on the road from Kemmel into Ypres for team cars, yet there was none nor for some time afterwards.

He couldn't keep anything down, not sure what they could have done.

Watched the last 20km of the French race earlier too. Delighted for Viviani he was a man badly in need of a win after his troubles and he's another likeable fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Bouhani was really out of order yesterday

https://twitter.com/daniellloyd1/status/1376290791572844554?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Daroxtar wrote: »

Stewart was lucky not to be tossed off his bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Stewart was lucky not to be tossed off his bike...

Which one finished first in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Daroxtar wrote: »

Well... it confirms beyond doubt that he is indeed a w*nker after all

Advertisement