Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Impressive victory for Colbrelli today. He really needed to win that sprint given the lack of other fast finishers. There was a good bit of pressure on his shoulders. That's Bahrain Victorious' first World Tour win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Impressive victory for Colbrelli today. He really needed to win that sprint given the lack of other fast finishers. There was a good bit of pressure on his shoulders. That's Bahrain Victorious' first World Tour win this year.

Second as Bilbao won last week.

Happy for Colbrelli after missing out yesterday. As they said on coms must have been an effort to stay on over the climbs, even Tejay was getting dropped towards the end there.

dahat wrote: »
    Second as Bilbao won last week.

Tour of the Alps wasn't World Tour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tour of the Alps wasn't World Tour ;)

Awkwardly backs away from thread.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Owww......Kung slides across the road and ramps over a verge

That was pretty spectacular alright. Hopefully no big injuries , he was holding his left wrist but seemed ok to get back on and didn't look to have hit his head. I tell you that padding was placed well.

Yellow jersey has a hole in his shorts there too, it's on now.

I only saw the last 15 km. Great attack from Soler. I wouldn't have fancied descending in that weather

I only saw the last 15 km. Great attack from Soler. I wouldn't have fancied descending in that weather

Definitely not

https://twitter.com/johnboru/status/1388146591547019265

• Advertisement

God it is absolutely miserable in Switzerland.
    Descent off the 2nd last climb is to be neutralised, time gaps taken at the top.

Was willing cort up the mountain but he's completely blown here

Ah no Magnus Cort is done :(

Still Woods is a man to cheer for instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Good old school race this, sh*te weather, time gaps all over the place and fellas properly blowing up.

Wow :eek:

Jesus wtf

Stage racing this year has been unreal for drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

That is so unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,171 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That is so unfortunate.

Or dumb. He was holding the bar with just finger and thumb while trying to start up a sprint

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Or dumb. He was holding the bar with just finger and thumb while trying to start up a sprint

On reply yes it looked pretty dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

breezy1985 wrote: »

I think his hand was siezing from the cold, he looked like he couldn't grip before it happened. Not sure though.

He is probably still beat placed to win following TT tomorrow.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think his hand was siezing from the cold, he looked like he couldn't grip before it happened. Not sure though.

Maybe. It was a very odd way to grip the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭griffin100

That was some stage today. The horrendous weather and the lack of time gaps all added to the drama.

I'm actually amazed that only five riders decided not to finish the stage. I thought it would be half the peloton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

I reckon that Eddie Dunbarr has done his chances of TdF selection no harm at all in the past two weeks.

Just hope whatever knee trouble that's got him strapped up in Kinesio tape is temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dublin49

I reckon that Eddie Dunbarr has done his chances of TdF selection no harm at all in the past two weeks.

Why do you say that,I didnt see much coverage

Just hope whatever knee trouble that's got him strapped up in Kinesio tape is temporary.

In any other team, he'd be a shoo-in for the tdf, but look at squad Ineos have to choose 8 from:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/ineos-grenadiers-2021

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

griffin100 wrote: »
    Couldn’t feel his hands he says -
    I'm so often wrong, it is nice to be right for a change
    Off topic but has anyone any links to papers showing Kinesio tape works, half the people (in a subset of 3) I meet claim it does wonders, the other half claim it is all BS and has no tangible benefit, the last half have no opinion :pac:

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    In any other team, he'd be a shoo-in for the tdf, but look at squad Ineos have to choose 8 from:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/ineos-grenadiers-2021

Its bad enough that they are able to bring in Yates and Porte on top of what they already had but add to that Dennis sudden transformation into a mountain super dom and you have a crazy team altogether

Advertisement