Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

EC1000 wrote: »
    Average speed of 33 km/h today at Paris Nice so far - I'd keep up with that myself!!

Watching Tirreno. Was thinking from looking at the PCS live tracker they must be taking it very handy considering it is such a flat route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

3 km to go in Tirreno. Uphill finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

3 km to go in Tirreno. Uphill finish
    And what a finish! The early celebration he said he'd have learned from though :pac:
    Even a freewheel to finish

Ah man what a cracking finish!!

1 km left to go in Paris-Nice now!

• Advertisement

Yes Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

brilliant lead out train there for Bennett although he had to work hard to stay on the back of it. Some great jostling for position

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭griffin100

An absolute masterclass in how to do a lead out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He's bolloxed after it now!

a leadout reminiscent of Cavandish at HTC there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,342 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

DQS double...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Strong words from Sam there, maybe a lingering annoyance from Vuelta DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Great win by Sam, but jesus, what strength in dept at Tirreno. The top four at the finish says it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

devonp wrote: »
    why ? Covid ?

Report I read said Woods has Bronchitis and Dan has some 'health issues' that went unspecified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Tirreno turning out to be a classic race! What a finish and not the last time these guys will be knocking lumps out of each other. Going to be a great week of racing.

Way to go Sam, and Morkov yet again the master of the lead out. Think the effort to get around two cyclists when he was pushed off his lead out train 'gassed' Sam and why he seemed wrecked and a little frustrated at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Sam made that look easy, well the lead out was fairly classy too. I take it that was Morkov celebrating with about 25 metres still to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Itziger wrote: »
    Sam made that look easy, well the lead out was fairly classy too. I take it that was Morkov celebrating with about 25 metres still to go!

Yeah, Morkov. Sam lost his wheel with about 1k to go but got back on. Then held on until inside 200m to launch his sprint. Definitely a team win today

Meanwhile the Italian racing seems to be sensational. The top 4 today (along with Roglic) are the best there are IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

De Bhál wrote: »
    brilliant lead out train there for Bennett although he had to work hard to stay on the back of it. Some great jostling for position

There was some pretty dodgy looking squeezing and blocking going on in the run up. Glad to see Sam just stick the shoulder in and put em back in their box

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There was some pretty dodgy looking squeezing and blocking going on in the run up. Glad to see Sam just stick the shoulder in and put em back in their box

I only watched it once, live, but yeah at one stage it did look like some delebreate blocking was going on. Bora rider iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

De Bhál wrote: »
    I only watched it once, live, but yeah at one stage it did look like some delebreate blocking was going on. Bora rider iirc

They came at him at both sides at one stage and I need to look again but I don't think it was riders who were going to contest the sprint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,342 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Did I understand Sam's interview correctly - he's done with Paris Nice now to prepare for Milan San Remo on saturday week?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Did I understand Sam's interview correctly - he's done with Paris Nice now to prepare for Milan San Remo on saturday week?

I understood it to mean, that he was going to use the rest of the P/N for training.
    I could be wrong, I sometimes am.

And what a finish! The early celebration he said he'd have learned from though :pac:

Once a showman, always a showman!

CN carrying Sam's comments about disruption in the run-in here

odyssey06 wrote: »

No it sounds like he will use the rest of the race as training

"From now it will be a bit of strength and conditioning until the end of the race and then San Remo."

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

breezy1985 wrote: »

Are those kind of tactics frowned upon? Sam seemed proper annoyed about it in the interview but yer man on Eurosport said "What's nice is people are trying to get him off the wheel, that's brilliant....you've got to disrupt him....get in his way"

I've noticed there is little or no buffering when watching Eurosport on eurosport.co.uk rather than the dedicated player site. No commentary on the ad-free version, but that may be a boon to some!

BTW, where is Marc Hirschi?

• Advertisement

velo.2010 wrote: »
    BTW, where is Marc Hirschi?

Moved to UAE Team and apparently for 14x what he was on with Sunweb now DSM, starts his season in Catalunya on the 22nd.

Advertisement