Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Is it possible for a mod to change this to "General race & news thread **spoilers**" and carry on into 2022 to save making a new one

60km crit 'race' in Dubai starting on ES/GCN around 11am. Not sure who they've paid bags of cash to be there but I assume Bernal given the event is run by RCS and is tied to the Giro announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sagan, Ganna, Viviani there as well, looks to only be about 40-50 riders

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ganna-it-will-be-spectacular-tomorrow-for-giro-ditalia-criterium/

Anyone else missing English commentary on the women's CX?

I know there is English commentary as I checked a dodgy stream, it's not there on the eurosport web or app for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When I started casting 'no English' came up in brackets. I use ambient sounds only so I didn't check.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

What a ding dong in the mens CX there!!!!!!

Catching up on the CX this evening. Jesus WvA on his first face back demolished the field. Looks like he got the build up and training right this year. Even had time for a comical fall in the last lap and run to the pits for a new bike. Seems very happy with what Cervelo have given him with the R5-CX and word is it has a threaded BB!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Melodeon

WVA certainly made the rest look distinctly second class, although the whole course was something of a lottery for falls and getting held up by other people's crashes. That downhill river of mud was particularly sketchy!

Toon Aerts looked like he'd be giving WVA a race, but snagging that rope and two falls on the river of mud knocked him well back.

Lars van der Haar had a great race to come third I thought, after injuring has back the other week and having what looked like a bad start.

Lucinda Brand did a good job of demolishing the field in the women's race too. It'll be interesting to see what happens what Marianne Vos reappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

was looking at the Boom Boom Cx replay on GCN+, no commentary ?? was that whay you guys had ?

didn't really matter, the ambient noise was kinda cool...but those crunching drive trains !!!

also whats with Pidcock and WvA wearing redbull helmets ?

Yeah I only had the option of ambient, French or German audio on Eurosport player. Then went through my work vpn on the computer for a UK location and had full commentary available as well as pre-show. Second time thats happened in recent weeks.

Redbull like to sponsor individual riders, you see it a bit more in BMX and mountain biking as I'd imagine some some of the road teams kit sponsors might not be happy with it.

Reading a piece on cycling news there with Toon Aerts basically saying thats it for wins for anyone else over Christmas. I'd normally say he's being pessimistic but maybe here he's being realistic after that domination first race back from WvA

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the snow in Italy for the CX tomorrow. WvA won today but I've no idea why the hell he bothered to show up given he's racing in Italy tomorrow? Not like he needed the win and then the travel involved after and missing out on practice runs on the track etc. must have been a decent start fee for today,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It was a ridiculous course as well. Cross country running carrying a bike 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

Wow, you could not have written the script for that last few minutes of the women's race!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Post edited by breezy1985 on

Advertisement