Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen replaced but its not migrated.

Options
  • 25-02-2021 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

New screen fitted to laptop and it boots ok to windows 10 however after 2-3 minutes screen colour begins to fade.
    Event logs show the new screen has not migrated (see attachment)
    I have:
    Updated drivers
    Updated windows
    Uninstalled generic PnP monitor device
    Callibrated colour
    Attached external monitor and same issue

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sounds like a graphics card driver issue alright, if a reinstall of them does not fix it the quickest thing may be to re-install windows again. I know it sounds drastic but provided you have everything backed up and can reinstall all your apps then this should definitely fix it and it'll do the laptop no harm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭blockman

DopeTech wrote: »
    Sounds like a graphics card driver issue alright, if a reinstall of them does not fix it the quickest thing may be to re-install windows again. I know it sounds drastic but provided you have everything backed up and can reinstall all your apps then this should definitely fix it and it'll do the laptop no harm anyway.

I know your suggestion would be my last resort but I was hoping I could get a solution to the not migrated issue as in the event log.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭blockman

DopeTech wrote: »

Rebuild and all sorted. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

blockman wrote: »
    Rebuild and all sorted. Thanks!

Sometimes it's just easier than trying to find a fix!

Advertisement