Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Arrests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

LOL, the gob****e was lead astray by a bunch of morons peddling fairy stories, and despite been told by the gardai of the well know consequences, she tried it again while the rest of the cowards egging her on ran.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Fair play to the Guards, salons are very high risk because of the close proximity and the heat/increased air flow from hairdryers. There's lots of black market hairdressing going on at the minute, people are willing to pay mad money to get a hairdresser to their house and there's alway going to be someone willing to risk it for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Who led her astray? Did anyone hear what happened in court?

I have read a few of these stories in the last couple of days where people have had enough and are opening up. The latest I think was a Gym in Donegal saying it

I have read a few of these stories in the last couple of days where people have had enough and are opening up. The latest I think was a Gym in Donegal saying it

THe nonsense online and in ears about 'constitutional rights' led her astray. She said it herself numerous times about her 'constitutional rights' but couldnt actually tell anyone what right and where in the constitution its written that a business is protected from being made close. She also claimed that the government have ignored small businesses and thats not true, they have brought in numerous supports and ultimately, its YOUR business. the government and society dont share the profits so I fail to see why they should share the loss.

She, like every small business has my sympathy. I dont like to see anyone out of work and struggling but the simple reality is that these stands will result in only one thing, a court appearance and even more money from your pocket while the **** stirrers that she was listening to or reading online will continue to egg on people without facing the consequences themselves.

Her daughter was funny though. Suggesting the ****ing ERU raided the place and arrested her mother!:P

As for losing the dressing room, considering the small amount of protestors who scurried away when **** gotn real, who is defending her? It appears most people are like myself, dont like to see it happen but understand and agree on why it has.

In regards court, she was released on bail to appear again on the 25th March. Standard practice in a court case. She will presumable enter a plea on that date and a trial or mention date will be set for April or May

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

What makes you think she was led astray?

I heard her on the radio and by the sound of it she thought she had the right to open her salon (which was fully booked) while the rest of us are staying put in order to control the spread of Covid. The Guards warned her that she'd be arrested if she opened and she went ahead despite the warning.
    It was childish and selfish, and she's paying the price rather than the people who might have been infected by Covid had she succeeded in staying open paying the price.

• Advertisement

I was just responding to Hurrache's remark about her being led astray. I haven't seen any other videos or commentary on it TBH.
    Agreed it was childish and selfish of the owner. I wonder will she be made example of?

I wonder will she be made example of?

Courts as a general rule dont operate in that fashion but it can happen and yes, the judge could well take that view but I think thats likely to be weighed against the womans genuine plight and compassion for her.

provided she doesnt piss the judge off by shouting about the constitution in court and arguing nonsense again

Also, I have just seen that a Donegal gym owner has been fined for opening his doors. €2500 fine for his trouble.

What annoys me is the double standards especially when there were a video and reports of close to 100 people leaving a mosque in Dublin where the guards were called and never even showed up. I suppose they were afraid of being called racist. Its political correctness gone bonkers.

I'm sorry but what's good for the goose is good for the gander

Mod note:
    I'm not sure what forum you'd take that opinion to, but it's not this one and this thread is going nowhere anyway so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement