Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to evict licensee

Options
1235»

Comments

EddieSteele, you already HAD the landlords permission to change the locks?

What I (and probably other posters) don't understand is WHY, when you already had permission to change the locks, she was asked again? WHO asked her again?

Have you heard this "apparent" change of mind directly from the landlord's mouth, or is it coming from this agent you now say is getting involved?

Either way, it has been suggested to you that you can change the lock temporarily, and then reinstate the old lock after the licensee has collected her belongings.

In your shoes I would change the lock on the basis that the landlord said you could. Keep the original locks and if the landlord does make a fuss about it, deal with that after you've dealt with the immediate problem (removing the licensee).

What are they going to do? Evict you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

thread split

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You have been told repeatedly what to do. Lock her out. You made a rod for your own back by giving her 28 days, by involving the landlord and by involving the agency. She is walking all over you because you're letting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭maebee

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

thread split

My head is split after reading this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

thread split

Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

1. Give your licensee notice : done
    2. If they don't leave change locks next time they go out : the landlord has now refused to change the main door lock UNDERSTAND????

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

When they leave, take the lock out and photograph it note the brand.
    Go to a hardware store buy a new lock or order online with reference to the photos.

Once you have the lock then next time they are out just do it yourself, its easy our front door has 3 screws, two to pop the handle of to get the square bar that operates the lock out and one to remove the barrel. I've changed it 3 times since we bought it. Once because my kids could unlock it from the inside for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭EddieSteele

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

When they leave, take the lock out and photograph it note the brand.
    Go to a hardware store buy a new lock or order online with reference to the photos.

Once you have the lock then next time they are out just do it yourself, its easy our front door has 3 screws, two to pop the handle of to get the square bar that operates the lock out and one to remove the barrel. I've changed it 3 times since we bought it. Once because my kids could unlock it from the inside for safety.

Yes this is what I will do. My friend is coming over the 5th and I took a day off too just in case. We will see what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We will see what will happen.
    My guess is a long post on the 6th explaining why nothing happened, a moan that your lodger is still in residence, and a plea for advice as to what you should do next.

endacl wrote: »
    My guess is a long post on the 6th explaining why nothing happened, a moan that your lodger is still in residence, and a plea for advice as to what you should do next.

Your opinion doesn't really matter to me. Being mean just for being mean... You should be really bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭maebee

Any update on the situation Eddie?

• Advertisement

maebee wrote: »
    Any update on the situation Eddie?

She left but I have been receiving threats and all the day she moved. I have been very traumatized by this experience to be honest. But at least, now I wont be the only one on the lease and I wont have to face that situation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

She left but I have been receiving threats and all the day she moved. I have been very traumatized by this experience to be honest. But at least, now I wont be the only one on the lease and I wont have to face that situation again.

Change number's, email etc.

Block her.

Do whatever you have to do she can not contact you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Report it to the gardai. Show them the messages

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

She left
    Change the locks. It'll help give you peace of mind.

the_syco wrote: »
    Change the locks. It'll help give you peace of mind.

She was threatening when she moved but havent heard anything since. Now I have to deal with the agency and my landlord... But anyway it will be fine at least she isnt here anymore

Advertisement