Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for being honest...

Options
  • 25-02-2021 3:28pm
    Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭

Basically I'm a gay man,who was caught up in identity politics being a self proclaimed Liberal and sick and tired of getting triggered by anything thats trendy to get annoyed with.

I put up a post declaring that I'm leaving that life behind me and am trying to become a better man.
    And this is like recovery for me, and I probably over stepped my mark because there was a few people calling me a troll and others asking me am I for real.

Yes I most certainly was for real and my post didn't get personal with anyone, I didn't insult anyone either.

I got a PM telling me that I was permanently banned from after hours because of my posting style.

No warnings or no pm to tell me that I'm breaking any charters.

Immediately my hackles went up and off I went telling the moderator I'm going to screen shot the conversation, go on twitter and thousands of LGBTQ websites and shame him because there I was TRIGGERED...
    It was like picking up a drink after swearing to get off it, I just went from content and happy to seeing red.

I'd like to apologize to the moderator, but a warning message or pm might be just enough to make it clear that maybe I can stop posting as I was because it could wind people up and the last thing he or other moderator's needs right now is a total mess and another left right debate going on.

Anyhow I hope this clears things up a little.

And no I'm not going to screen shot the pm between me and the moderator and start tweeting about it and feeling like a victim...

I'm trying to better myself and sorry for the hostility,it was a reaction rather than a mature response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement