Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC problem

Options
  • 25-02-2021 4:24pm

Hi, I have been having a bit of an issue with a PC. The first sign of a problem was when it wouldn't boot, just 'no signal' displayed on the monitor. I made a usb flash drive, changed the boot order in BIOS to boot to usb. I was able to access the HD, tried running system repair, and CHKDSK... both would get to a certain percent then sit there.

Then it wouldn't boot to the USB so I changed from Legacy to UEFI in the settings, now it wont boot up, 'no signal' message on the monitor, no power to the keyboard but the fan still comes on. I took the HD out, it wont boot to the bios

Any insight appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Hi, I have been having a bit of an issue with a PC. The first sign of a problem was when it wouldn't boot, just 'no signal' displayed on the monitor. I made a usb flash drive, changed the boot order in BIOS to boot to usb. I was able to access the HD, tried running system repair, and CHKDSK... both would get to a certain percent then sit there.

Then it wouldn't boot to the USB so I changed from Legacy to UEFI in the settings, now it wont boot up, 'no signal' message on the monitor, no power to the keyboard but the fan still comes on. I took the HD out, it wont boot to the bios

Any insight appreciated

What make of PC and model?
    how old?
    What spec?

Advertisement