Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click decking tiles

Options
  • 25-02-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,809 ✭✭✭✭

We have a small concrete back yard. Removing all the cement would just be too big a job so I’m wondering if anyone has used these click decking tiles and are you happy with them?

Or if anyone has any ideas on how else to improve the look of the yard? I have planters and pots etc, it’s just the ground that annoys me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭rje66

Sadb wrote: »
    We have a small concrete back yard. Removing all the cement would just be too big a job so I’m wondering if anyone has used these click decking tiles and are you happy with them?

Or if anyone has any ideas on how else to improve the look of the yard? I have planters and pots etc, it’s just the ground that annoys me!

How small are you talking?? 3*3meters/ 4*4m . Depending how level it is helps too. If its even a little bit uneven these types of things aren't the best solution. Have you a pic?. There's lots you can do to make it more pretty. Cover in a nice pebble with stepping stone effect from door. Composite deck in the sunny corner with stepping stones and pebbles. Pave the whole area and build a few raised planters. Artificial grass. A mixture of all of these. This of course will depend on budget and site constraints. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,809 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

It is fairly level probably not exact though. It’s about 5m length x 4m width.

I do have some lovely plants in raised beds and pots that I’m happy with but I hate that every spring I get it all into shape, trim the Jasmin, power wash the ground etc and it still doesn’t look finished because of the ground iykwim.

There is a path around from the door to the shed, to the gate that was done first I’d say and the middle part looks like it was filled in at one stage. I’ll try to post a sketch and pics.

Sketch

attachment.php?attachmentid=545041&d=1614349527

It’s in really bad condition now after the winter but here you can see what the middle part (bottom) looks like and how the path differs.

image]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭rje66

This was a garden I did similar to yours. Added in paving. Broke out a bit for plants and gravel. You prob dont need to do this. Just use your pots. The gravel areas save on expense. Just pave on top of concrete if you have room, that is, its not too close to inside floor level. Have you a step down outside back door?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

rje66 wrote: »
    This was a garden I did similar to yours. Added in paving. Broke out a bit for plants and gravel. You prob dont need to do this. Just use your pots. The gravel areas save on expense. Just pave on top of concrete if you have room, that is, its not too close to inside floor level. Have you a step down outside back door?.

Gravel also saves on cutting slabs making it even more diy friendly.

rje66 wrote: »

I love the look of that actually, I couldn’t visualise what you meant first with the gravel.

Yes, we have a 12cm step from back door so enough room to work on top.

Advertisement