Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A “Positive” Show!:The Late Late Show: Friday 26th February 2021

1111213141517»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mary don't give a **** she got paid

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

statesaver wrote: »
    Mary don't give a **** she got paid

How do we know she got paid or how much?
    Genuinely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The Irish government needs to freeze asset's of these guys but they won't because of connections, so they will write a strongly worded it letter ala Robinson diplomacy when the horse has bolted the stables.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The burning question and the smoking gun:
    Did Mary Robinson ask about the other daughter who has not been seen since 2001? And did Mary Robinson think to request to speak with Latifa in private either during her visit or after she flew home? I am confident that answers to both are no because she never mentioned such in her interview.

That LLS interview was shameful and Tubridy failed abjectly as an interviewer, he has no right to carry out interviews if they are conducted as fluff pieces to redeem a person's reputation. It's clear that that was a a leading interview that was pre-agreed with the interviewee and was full of obstification.

I hope a journalist does a full FOI to find out what actually happened, the whole thing is a cluster **** and undermines our neutral standpoint.

This BBC report from last week might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8FJhKK7ss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The Irish government needs to freeze asset's of these guys but they won't because of connections, so they will write a strongly worded it letter ala Robinson diplomacy when the horse has bolted the stables.

The horses sleep in stables that are much more luxurious than some places I've paid through the nose for in dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Tubridy missed the real story here. Turns our your one's aul lad who kidnapped her is Ringo Starr :eek:

ringo--1-.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arduach wrote: »
    You call Sean O'Brien a west Brit to his face. See when and where you wake up ;)

Covered in piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Sure the rugby ****e is just Brits Vs west brits

Says the Everton supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/marian-finucane/programmes/2019/0105/1020458-marian-finucane-saturday-5-january-2019/

This is the podcast of Princess Haya on with Marian Finucane shortly after Mary Robinson met with the family. Interview is from 2019

This is the introduction blurb
    Former President, Mary Robinson, has come under severe criticism following a recent visit to Dubai. She went there at the invitation of Princess Haya, wife of United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktou.

President Robinson went to meet with Princess Sheikha Latifa – daughter of the Sheikh, who has attracted international concern over her welfare when she made a video alleging she had been imprisioned, tortured, had tried to escape and had not been seen in public for several months.

Princess Haya, spoke with Marian this morning...

When you are listening, bear in mind that Haya escaped from Dubai herself about a year later with her two kids.

For Walshb, I will be putting together a series of youtube tutorials on the topic on the channel HayaGoodByeA :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Macdarack wrote: »
    How do we know she got paid or how much?
    Genuinely.

Because the "saintly" Mary doesn't do anything for anyone unless she is getting the dolla.

I wonder would Eamo dare same those same things now or would he be worried about the Tesco money deserting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i missed it,

how did mary robinson come out of it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

More questions than answers after it....

Because the "saintly" Mary doesn't do anything for anyone unless she is getting the dolla.

I listened back to it today, and she specifically said that she did not receive any money for doing it. I'm hugely critical of Mary Robinson for her role in this, but I don't think it's fair to say that she benefited from the situation financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Is their a special request thread, after Dolly last week I'd love to see a Nick Cave and Tubbers zoom session or has he already been present on the LLS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

pottokblue wrote: »
    Is their a special request thread, after Dolly last week I'd love to see a Nick Cave and Tubbers zoom session or has he already been present on the LLS?

I think Nick Cave was on the LLS back in 1998.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Illium wrote: »
    I think Nick Cave was on the LLS back in 1998.

Not sure about the year but they featured it on Pat Shortt's show recently

Advertisement