Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing ad after buying

Options
  • 25-02-2021 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to assist me with this. We bought 9 months ago and the pdf version of the estate agent handout is still live on google. I contacted the agent and he said it’s not connected with them, below is an example of the link. The company seem to have hundreds of similar links still live. Any idea what site is behind this company? I haven’t been able to find anything. Propertyimages.ie doesn’t exist, and google won’t take done a live link. Many thanks

https://photos-a.propertyimages.ie/media/8/6/7/4126768/7a64f4a8-4b87-4dec-b444-6231bd1f97da.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Google Earth (and Street View if you're not in a gated community) will show equally visible images of your property so it's there for anyone to see so I don't see how you can hide it from online searches if someone intentionally seeks out your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

ongarboy wrote: »
    Google Earth (and Street View if you're not in a gated community) will show equally visible images of your property so it's there for anyone to see so I don't see how you can hide it from online searches if someone intentionally seeks out your address.

I’m aware of all that thanks. Asking specifically if anyone knows what company the link goes back to so I can contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I looked them up here - apparently they are owned by myhome limited
    Registry Registrant ID: 266447-IEDR
    Registrant Name: Myhome Limited

Which seems to be myhome.ie

El Tarangu wrote: »
    I looked them up here - apparently they are owned by myhome limited

Which seems to be myhome.ie

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot

No problem :) it was quite fun, doing my wee bit of sleuthing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

It's their CDN url or in other words all images, pdfs, attachments etc. uploaded to myhome are hosted on that domain. If you right click > copy image address on any image on the myhome site you'll see it's that address.

Guessing they either don't delete attachments when an associated listing is deleted or the agent hasn't fully removed the listing from myhome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm confused why do you want the ad taken down.
    I presume you can only get to it if you have the direct link anyway.
    And it is not like there is any personal information in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

cruizer101 wrote: »

If the OP is worried about the pics they'll be right annoyed when they find everyone can see their purchase price on the PPR

OP: it auto deletes after 12 months i think - so they just leave them to auto expire, at least seemed the case with mine. I liked having it up, allowed me to quick show people how crap the house used to look

cruizer101 wrote: »

No need to be confused. I’ve been given the answer by a helpful poster.

Advertisement