Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like to close my bank account

Options
  • 26-02-2021 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, my name is Sohyun Lim and I'd like to close my account as I have read the email that my graduate account is moving to a personal account and there would be a monthly flat fee for maintaining the account.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I tried to close it on your website (as now I am not in Ireland) but I cannot remember the Name of account holding branch and account number.
    I'd like to know what I should do in this case. 
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Open Sans, sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/font][/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Your account holding branch sort code would be located on your visa debit card. This code is located on the bottom left hand side of your card under 'Code Number' and begins with the numbers '90'. 

Your account number would be the last 8 digits of your IBAN which you can find online by logging on to Banking 365 and selecting your account. Your branch code number is also located within your IBAN and is the first 6 numbers before your account number. 

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please feel free to get back in touch with us here or on any of our social platforms and we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sohyun

Hi

thanks for your reply.
    As you said, I tried to log into Banking 365 but I couldn't. It's been many years since I left Ireland so I've forgot lots of things.
    Do I have to register 365 banking ID first or do I already have the ID if I have an account there?
    Please also let me know how i should do in each cases outside of Ireland.

Thanks, Sohyun.

Your account holding branch sort code would be located on your visa debit card. This code is located on the bottom left hand side of your card under 'Code Number' and begins with the numbers '90'. 

Your account number would be the last 8 digits of your IBAN which you can find online by logging on to Banking 365 and selecting your account. Your branch code number is also located within your IBAN and is the first 6 numbers before your account number. 

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please feel free to get back in touch with us here or on any of our social platforms and we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

sohyun wrote: »
    Hi

thanks for your reply.
    As you said, I tried to log into Banking 365 but I couldn't. It's been many years since I left Ireland so I've forgot lots of things.
    Do I have to register 365 banking ID first or do I already have the ID if I have an account there?
    Please also let me know how i should do in each cases outside of Ireland.

Thanks, Sohyun.

Thanks, Eve 
    Hi Sohyun,

Thanks for getting back to us here. If you are unsure of your login information for Banking 365 online we would recommend that you contact our customer service team directly on 00353 1 4044000(from abroad) and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this. The team is available to take your call Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement