If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations 55 inch for new consoles.

Options
  • 26-02-2021 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭

Hows it going lads, bought a C8 off you about two years ago but time to upgrade with the new consoles.  Would love a few recommendations for something to get the best out of a series x and ps5.  

Budget is in around 2K.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Calhoun wrote: »
    Hows it going lads, bought a C8 off you about two years ago but time to upgrade with the new consoles.  Would love a few recommendations for something to get the best out of a series x and ps5.  

Budget is in around 2K.
    Hi Calhoun.

Thanks for coming back to us.

You could stick with LG and look at their 55cx coming in at 1399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Philip have their ambi light OLED coming in at 1399 Euro also
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204898-philips-55oled805-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Panasonic have their Hollywood tuned 55HZ1000 coming in at 1799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204691-panasonic-tx55hz1000b-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The one I really want it the Sony 55AG9 which is just amazing!! Coming in still under budget at 1899 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204109-sony-bravia-kd55ag9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

All the above have HDMI 2.1 to get the best from new gen consoles.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Let me have a look over these and review, i am looking to place the order the end of March as i have a bonus coming in. What are stocks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭ratracer

I bought a Phililps Ambilight TV from RicherSounds last year. I wasn’t sure if the lights would just be gimmicky, but I must say I think they are fantastic and really enhance the TV experience. I reckon they would be excellent on a gaming TV!

Its something i would consider if it wasn't going into a tight entertainment centre. there would be very little room around it to take full advantage but appreciate the feedback and ill have a look at it.

Let me have a look over these and review, i am looking to place the order the end of March as i have a bonus coming in. What are stocks like?
    Hi Calhoun.

Stock is okay at the moment but I would have no idea how that will hold come March.

Stock moves so quickly we are always getting restocks.

When we are closer to the time we can recheck stock levels again for you.

• Advertisement

Hi Calhoun.

Stock is okay at the moment but I would have no idea how that will hold come March.

Ready to pull the trigger on this, how are the stocks on the LGCX ?  I also need some advice i need a solution for extra HDMI slots, in my media centre i have allot i want to setup without having to pull things out and put them back together.  The new consoles i can connect to the TV but i have at least 8-10 HDMI 2.0 things i want to connect.

Hi Calhoun.

Ready to pull the trigger on this, how are the stocks on the LGCX ?  I also need some advice i need a solution for extra HDMI slots, in my media centre i have allot i want to setup without having to pull things out and put them back together.  The new consoles i can connect to the TV but i have at least 8-10 HDMI 2.0 things i want to connect.
    Hi Calhoun.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Stock is good on the 55CX and ready for dispatch.

I'm not sure how you will connect all your sources at once. You could perhaps purchase an HDMI splitter which would allow you to switch between the ones connected to it but I would not have any recommendations on these as it not something I'm familiar with unfortunately.

You would need to ensure that it is a good quality one or it could drop the quality of your image.

Even with the likes of one of the high end receivers the Denon 4700 you get 8 HDMI inputs but it cost more than the television at 1499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204848-denon-avcx4700-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-amplifier.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Lets go with the CX55 inch for now, i am not sold on an AV receiver after doing research the room size and my use i think an AV reciever would be overkill considering the main value i would get is from the HDMI switching.

Lets go with the CX55 inch for now, i am not sold on an AV receiver after doing research the room size and my use i think an AV reciever would be overkill considering the main value i would get is from the HDMI switching.
    Hey Calhoun.

You can order the 55CX directly from our website and add the code at the basket to get the 10% off and this allows you to purchased securely via our website.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Once the order lands I can get it dealt with straight away.

Any issues please let me know.

Hey Calhoun.

You can order the 55CX directly from our website and add the code at the basket to get the 10% off and this allows you to purchased securely via our website.

What code is that?

• Advertisement

Hey Calhoun.

What code is that?
    Never mind i figured it out, i have placed the order.  

Hey Calhoun.

What code is that?
    Cheers for the order Calhoun.

I'll get it processed straight away for you.

Our courier will be in touch around the start of the week with delivery details.

Enjoy your weekend and again thanks for the business :)

Hey Calhoun.

What code is that?

Our courier will be in touch around the start of the week with delivery details.

No problem bud, thank you for the help a d guiding me through the process. 

Hey Calhoun.

What code is that?

No problem bud, thank you for the help a d guiding me through the process. 
    You are more than welcome Calhoun.

You will be over the moon once you are up and running :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.