Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭enricoh

gw80 wrote: »
    So, during a pandemic this guy puts out a call around the world that Ireland is open to all migrants who will be given a free house,free money and all the trimmings the same week the government decides unanimously not to stop non essential arrivals into the country,
    Not even a global pandemic is going to stop them.
    I think I'm going to have to start looking a bit closer at some of these conspiracy theories,

Apparently, their is a nigerian strain of covid that they are unsure if the vaccines work against, we had one case confirmed this week.
    And this clown o gorman puts out a worldwide advertisement to attract more from that region.

My little business is shuttered at the mo and if this strain is vaccine resistant it will be for the foreseeable, at least our politicians will get their woke points n that's all that matters!

Gatling wrote: »
    This in an interesting story which hasn't been widely reported

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chantal-mccabe-lodger-held-over-people-smuggling-xsdrtdm2c

Highly amusing and not reported very much at all.

I wonder how long it would have gone on for if the brits hadn't decided to put their foot down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

Another great move. This really should be done because what asylum seekers went through in some Direct Provision centers sounds really horrific

Asylum seekers may receive State apology over Direct Provision system

dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/asylum-seekers-receive-state-apology-19928425
    Asylum seekers may receive a State apology over living conditions in Ireland’s Direct Provision system.

Yesterday the Government announced it is to replace it with an international protection system over the next four years.

Under the plans it is expected that all existing Direct Provision centres will close by the end of 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Another great move. This really should be done because what asylum seekers went through in some Direct Provision centers sounds really horrific

Yeah all that free food and accommodation, the poor souls. It would be terrible if they had to live on the streets or god forbid be deported after losing their first appeal.

DerekC16 wrote: »
    Yeah all that free food and accommodation, the poor souls. It would be terrible if they had to live on the streets or god forbid be deported after losing their first appeal.

Have you ever lived in a Direct Provision center? You seem to have a good idea of what life is like in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Have you ever lived in a Direct Provision center? You seem to have a good idea of what life is like in them.

Says the person who just called them "horrific". If they were so horrific there'd a wealth of supporting evidence, which there isn't.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Says the person who just called them "horrific". If they were so horrific there'd a wealth of supporting evidence, which there isn't.

Why did people living in them call the living conditions horrific and go on hunger strikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They’ll announce a ‘redress’ scheme and compo next. FFS.

Talk about the taxpayer being taken for a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Again, is there any breakdown of country of origin of people who have been in DP for years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

In recent years 40% of successful applicants choose to stay on in direct provision. If it is so terrible why are they choosing to stay?

• Advertisement

Again, is there any breakdown of country of origin of people who have been in DP for years?

No idea but the reason someone spends years in DP is because they are appealing a denied asylum application, or they made it difficult to investigate their claims (eg by ‘losing’ their documentation).

In recent years 40% of successful applicants choose to stay on in direct provision. If it is so terrible why are they choosing to stay?

You'd have to ask them. Ask the ones who leave too, to get a broad understanding. There's certainly no shortage of comments from people who have lived in the DP system and their stories are really heart breaking.

Why did people living in them call the living conditions horrific and go on hunger strikes?

Because they are ungrateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Because they've been coached and think it will get them out of there quicker, like just yesterday the government agreed to give them own key accommodation after 4 months here!!! Ahead of Irish people, That's what I call making it!

Because they are ungrateful.

Have you lived in those conditions yourself my friend?

Because they've been coached and think it will get them out of there quicker, like just yesterday the government agreed to give them own key accommodation after 4 months here!!! That's what I call making it!

Who is coaching them? Have you got any clear evidence?

I've got some cracking snake oil in stock, are you interested? Seriously though, your logic is absurd. We've zero proof that they actually went without food, and we seen a recent example of the food that they were given, and it was literally the exact type of food sold in delis throughout the country. You're clearly a "listen and believe" type, who cares little about the need for validating claims.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wtf.....

Housed, fed, clothed, medical care, medication, heating, money and so on.... My heart bleeds

Have you lived in those conditions yourself my friend?

Silly question. I’m sure you haven’t lived in one yourself either.

Who is coaching them? Have you got any clear evidence?

NGOs and various other purple haired warriors I'd wager, normally they burn their camps down or go on hunger strike, hardly the behaviour of people who are fleeing a warzone and find themselves in a safe country with beds and hot meals

• Advertisement

Wtf.....

Housed, fed, clothed, medical care, medication, heating, money and so on.... My heart bleeds

Not to mention spending money. The taxpayers of Ireland should be getting an apology from the bogus asylum seekers.

Call on Govt to issue details on annual Direct Provision deaths

rte.ie/news/2021/0215/1197271-direct-provision-deaths/
    It notes that following a recent written question to the Department of Children and Equality, the Government confirmed it does not keep records or statistics on the number of deaths within the Direct Provision system.

The letter said it makes "no sense" that the department is not recording deaths, if the human rights of asylum seekers are to be protected.

First of all welcome to boards delaney.
    No one wants to waste much time in direct provision on e40 a week when they can be getting disability allowance and every top up going once to get leave to remain.
    Horrific and hunger strikes- aye god love them, fleeing wars apparently n the skellig star hotel in kerry(ab fab hotel) is worse than the imaginary war zones.
    The squeaky wheel gets the most grease and they hit the jackpot yesterday with this announcement.

Not to mention spending money. The taxpayers of Ireland should be getting an apology from the bogus asylum seekers.

Doesn't work like that in the woke times we live in...

NGOs and various other purple haired warriors I'd wager, normally they burn their camps down or go on hunger strike, hardly the behaviour of people who are fleeing a warzone and find themselves in a safe country with beds and hot meals

I didn't see evidence in your post there. I'm assuming you don't have any?

Wtf.....

I seen someone on Reddit quoting BlindBoy saying: "This is our mother and baby homes". :pac:

I seen someone on Reddit quoting BlindBoy saying: "This is our mother and baby homes". :pac:

Is that the gob****e who wears a bag on his head?

I've got some cracking snake oil in stock, are you interested? Seriously though, your logic is absurd. We've zero proof that they actually went without food, and we seen a recent example of the food that they were given, and it was literally the exact type of food sold in delis throughout the country. You're clearly a "listen and believe" type, who cares little about the need for validating claims.

Wasn't ibrahim halawa on hunger strike also n time was off the essence to get the government lobbying the egyptians to get him out.
    He must've been the first lad ever to put weight on during a hunger strike!!

I didn't see evidence in your post there. I'm assuming you don't have any?

Call it an educated guess, normally people fleeing warzones are thankful for everything they get, it's not like they were in Belsen in DP

But those of us with 2 braincells to rub together know the majority are scam refugees

A nice little daisy chain were NGOs, globalists, hoteliers and fakeugees themselves benefit... Except the Irish people who have fund this scam and reap the negatives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that the gob****e who wears a bag on his head?

Yep. An absolute clown of the lowest order

Advertisement