Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I seen someone on Reddit quoting BlindBoy saying: "This is our mother and baby homes". :pac:

Oh dear lord Jebus no.....

Of course it isn't ideal, of course it's not a home but hell if one is coming from hell its a hell of a lot better isn't it....

Woke are going to woke unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

Call it an educated guess

Oh, I see. It's just guesswork based on your own biases. I thought you'd have evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Oh, I see. It's just guesswork based on your own biases. I thought you'd have evidence.

Haven’t seen much ‘evidence’ on your claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

There was some pictures of some sausages last week... Mighty tasty looking sossies too

Oh dread! The horror of it all

There was some pictures of some sausages last week... Mighty tasty looking sossies too

Oh dread!

Maybe they were pescatarians or fruitarians?

• Advertisement

Well I haven't lived in a Direct Provision center. I would need to live there to know what it's like. I can only look into the vast reports and comments from people who have lived in them to get an idea of what it's like. I would call that common sense wouldn't you? You know what I mean?

Well I haven't lived in a Direct Provision center. I would need to live there to know what it's like. I can only look into the vast reports and comments from people who have lived in them to get an idea of what it's like. I would call that common sense wouldn't you? You know what I mean?

So no evidence then, just the word of a bunch of chancers

Yep. An absolute clown of the lowest order

As children we were warned not to put plastic bags over our heads. It even says in on bags these days.

He seems to be a cautionary tale of the effects of oxygen deprivation.

So no evidence then, just the word of a bunch of chancers

Have you met them? How do you know they are chancers?

So the evidence is people complaining? How gullible are you? Having read your posts, I don’t think you are capable of ‘common sense’.

• Advertisement

Have you met them? How do you know they are chancers?

Well plenty of them are bogus applicants (ie they are economic migrants falsely claiming asylum), so that gives a hint that they are ‘chancers’.

Well plenty of them are bogus applicants (ie they are economic migrants falsely claiming asylum), so that gives a hint that they are ‘chancers’.

Again can you post your evidence on this? Which ones are economic migrants?

So the evidence is people complaining? How gullible are you? Having read your posts, I don’t think you are capable of ‘common sense’.

Why am I gullible for taking into account the experiences of people who have lived in Direct Provision centers? I would have thought the opinion of someone who has lived there is one relevant aspect to consider over someone who has never been in them. Isn't that common sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Which ones are economic migrants?

Anyone not from Syria - the rest are economic migrant's

Add we've a 75% rejection rate of asylum any yet we've only managed to deport a handful compared to the tens of thousands of failed asylum seekers still in this country dating back 25+ year's

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

check the country of origin then check direct flights/boats, if your a genuine refugee then its your 1st port of call, not bunny hop through Europe till you hit the land of milk and honey!

Why am I gullible for taking into account the experiences of people who have lived in Direct Provision centers? I would have thought the opinion of someone who has lived there is one relevant aspect to consider over someone who has never been in them. Isn't that common sense?

Because they will lie through their teeth to get into the land of milk and honey

The ones whose claims are denied. It is self explanatory.

The ones whose claims are denied. It is self explanatory.

Hilarious the way he's pretending not to know anything about this....

Because they will lie through their teeth to get into the land of milk and honey

Even more so now that they will get their own place, probably getting to choose where they live as well.

Hilarious the way he's pretending not to know anything about this....

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Advertisement

Even more so now that they will get their own place, probably getting to choose where they live as well.

Great little country, when you're not Irish that is

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Would love to know where our glorious leaders think the mandate is coming from for these changes and aplogies? been working & paying tax 40 years now,cant get proper cardiac care in SE but no bother with a bottomless pit for housing chancers ! looking fwd to 7am start Monday.

Have you lived in those conditions yourself my friend?

Does it matter? Regardless of their condition, they're going to be miles better (considering the range of supports and benefits available) than what's available to any lower income group in Africa, S.America, or Asia.

We really need to apply some perspective here, and consider what these people are supposedly leaving behind them.. the expectation for them to receive accommodation that is comparable to what Middle class have managed (through decades of work, savings and loans) to accumulate is ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭decreds

DerekC16 wrote: »
    Yeah all that free food and accommodation, the poor souls. It would be terrible if they had to live on the streets or god forbid be deported after losing their first appeal.

Best off ignoring the troll. The new account has been spamming other threads with trash like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Why do the continue to live there after being granted asylum or allowed to work if the are such horrific places.
    Have you looked into that seen that you seem to know everything that goes on in them places.

Or is it a case of hear what you want to hear.

Great little country, when you're not Irish that is

I'm Irish and I find it a great country. I'm pretty sure most would say the same.

I'm Irish and I find it a great country. I'm pretty sure most would say the same.

Do bots have a nationality?

Do bots have a nationality?

I don't believe artificial intelligence has passed the Turing test yet?

I don't believe artificial intelligence has passed the Turing test yet?

I doubt you’d pass it either.

• Advertisement

215026751-3be32b3a-2001-43e5-9591-38644ef8a468.jpg

bedroom-14-390x285.jpg

Both images taken from news articles complaining about the state of DP.

You really consider these conditions to be deplorable?

Advertisement