Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

215026751-3be32b3a-2001-43e5-9591-38644ef8a468.jpg

bedroom-14-390x285.jpg

Both images taken from news articles complaining about the state of DP.

You really consider these conditions to be deplorable?

Is that lad on hunger strike? If not, he could do with going on one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

By the looks of it he likes the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He's not cold either by the looks of things.

mgn wrote: »
    He's not cold either by the looks of things.

Probably complaining that there is no air conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is that lad on hunger strike? If not, he could do with going on one.

I lived in a smaller apartment at one stage .

And he's complaining

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    I lived in a smaller apartment at one stage .

And he's complaining

Ungrateful so and so. Probably grew up in a palace.

215026751-3be32b3a-2001-43e5-9591-38644ef8a468.jpg

bedroom-14-390x285.jpg

Both images taken from news articles complaining about the state of DP.

You really consider these conditions to be deplorable?

Let's wreck the room and call it sub standard.
    His floors are better than my 1200 euro a MONTHRENTED house.
    Mine has carpets that are probably 20 years old.
    The draft wips around us in winter.
    I spend 1000e on oil each winter.
    But if Mr Nigeria needs his own door and own key with my 600+ a month taxes who am I to complain.
    And if Mr Nigeria will never contribute to society and claim every drop of milk and honey on offer for him and his broad, who am I too complain.

But if Mr Nigeria needs his own door and own key with my 600+ a month taxes who am I to complain.
    And if Mr Nigeria will never contribute to society and claim every drop of milk and honey on offer for him and his broad, who am I too complain.

Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I seen someone on Reddit quoting BlindBoy saying: "This is our mother and baby homes". :pac:

The Pope of WOKE gives his weekly homily

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The Pope of WOKE gives his weekly homily

If only he would forget to put the holes in the bag some day. Would be doing us all a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

Charity finds people living in appalling conditions in Direct Provision centres during 90-day tour

irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/charity-finds-people-living-appalling-18855684
    "The living room, small refrigerator, washing machine and kitchen in that house is shared by over 50 asylum seekers, including children who have no play area and one homeless Irish family."

The pictures here in this article absolutely shocking. It looks like 5 beds have been cramped into a very small room and that is where they sleep. Appalling conditions. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Racist.

Nope. My husband is black. Not Nigerian granted but defo not white.
    Try again.

Again can you post your evidence on this? Which ones are economic migrants?

oh FFS , a clue might rest with the fact that the activists who have been calling for the close of DP for years refer to these people as " migrants "

If only he would forget to put the holes in the bag some day. Would be doing us all a favour.

small brains dont need much oxygen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

MadYaker wrote: »
    You're right lads it's the end of the world as we know it :rolleyes: Has anyone actually said we'll be taking more of them than we used to? I didn't see it in the article.

He said in the interview yesterday if they show up claiming asylum we have to take them in, it stands to reason when they hear the system has got more beneficial that more of them will come.

What I didn't see mentioned was is the appeal system being reformed or can they still appeal decisions multiple times and taxpayers here foot the bill for it.

O Gorman had nothing to say about that, instead talking sh1te about making apologies to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They should be getting turned around at the airport ,and we need a visa entry requirement before coming here from various African States no visa no flight to here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They should be getting turned around at the airport ,and we need a visa entry requirement before coming here from various African States no visa no flight to here

Not oy that, the airline should be responsible for costs, of documents are lost, airline has a copy of all details to book the flights.....

There is no way someone should be able to get on like they are.

Charity finds people living in appalling conditions in Direct Provision centres during 90-day tour

The pictures here in this article absolutely shocking. It looks like 5 beds have been cramped into a very small room and that is where they sleep. Appalling conditions. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

FYI, they are not a ‘charity’.

“The Movement of Asylum Seekers in Ireland (MASI) is an Irish advocacy group for those seeking international protection in the Republic of Ireland, with the goals of ending direct provision and deportation.”

This is the source for your ‘evidence’?

A lobby group that wants to end direct provision?

You don’t think they might have an agenda? Maybe they aren’t impartial or independent?

Breaking news: Turkeys are voting for Christmas.

I’m ‘literally’ laughing out loud here reading your posts and so called ‘evidence’. Thanks for that. Hilarious.

Nope. My husband is black. Not Nigerian granted but defo not white.
    Try again.

Anyone who doesn’t welcome the ‘new Irish’ and toll out the red carpet is a racist. You can’t even imagine how much these people have suffered. Shame on you for putting a price on their well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd sooner see a genuine asylum seeker housed over some waster who has no intention of ever working tbh who uses the excuse of disadvantage........ ie all the wasters in Dublin Inner City a stones throw from IFSC etc who's grandad became unemployed when cranes replaced dockers and no descendants worked ever since.

That means that you're defining yourself as an unapologetic racist. An anti-Irish racist, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

No its not.

This lie las been debunked many times.

You will not find an actual policy statement stating that their plan is to increase population to x by y. They're not that stupid. But it's obvious that the bankster/neoliberal agenda is to massively increase immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Anyone who doesn’t welcome the ‘new Irish’ and toll out the red carpet is a racist. You can’t even imagine how much these people have suffered. Shame on you for putting a price on their well being.

I'd never heard such a bullish!t term as the "new Irish"

Sorry folks Leo, Micheal and Co have no time for you anymore they have the "new Irish" to look after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

I don’t think he will be planning on paying the heating and electricity bill either when he had his own gaff with its own front door

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

tdf7187 wrote: »
    You will not find an actual policy statement stating that their plan is to increase population to x by y. They're not that stupid. But it's obvious that the bankster/neoliberal agenda is to massively increase immigration.

It's not.

It's a projection that the population will increase by 1 million by 2040.

All taken from CSO figures and trends.

The only conspiracy that exists that the government want to bring in 1 million refugess by 2040 is in your head.

My OH is the 'New Irish'. Only difference is he knows ZERO about our welfare system. We consciously bring our kids up this way.
    Try harder. Its so easy to throw around this racist statement isn't it, so easy as a cop out. Why can't you try a better point of view or argument.
    My grandmother is Russian.
    My aunt is half Jamaican.
    Am I racist because of my detest for a different skin color to mine?
    Or do I detest a different Ethnicity?
    Or could we be reasonable and adults and say maybe this tax payer is sick of being shafted by fake asylum seekers from x y and z countries?

Jizique wrote: »
    I don’t think he will be planning on paying the heating and electricity bill either when he had his own gaff with its own front door

Bob hope and no hope.
    I'll also be contributing to same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

RTE primetime did a piece on rented accommodation in Dublin, now that was substandard accommodation. Bunk beds cramed into rooms with zero privacy and a shared toilet.

The residents were also emigrants, but theses are the lads delivering your "just eat", serving coffee, cleaning your house, etc.. This is proper exploitation of the working class, but utterly invisible to the middle class **** and supposedly "leftist" activists.

🙈🙉🙊

I take it, then, that you've never stayed in a hostel? TBH the photos in the article were better than most hostels I've been in, except, where I paid extra for the "vip" rooms, which would be closer to what the photos show. (but then again, I was paying, unlike those in DP)

The point being.. the conditions aren't "appalling". They're not inhumane. They're not shocking, unless you've lived a very sheltered and comfortable life previously.

You do realise that the kind of quality (and other services) you're expecting costs a lot to establish and maintain? Christ, you seem to want them to have access to a 4 star hotel..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

You'd have to ask them. Ask the ones who leave too, to get a broad understanding. There's certainly no shortage of comments from people who have lived in the DP system and their stories are really heart breaking.

They leave when they get a free house

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

They could always travel on ferry from the UK or get in through the north no need for a passport there

Advertisement