Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

quintana76 wrote: »
    It is either through treachery or madness that this is being proposed. Take your pick.

Madness. We're the nutty boys of Europe. One step beyoooond....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Just watched The Week in Politics, not a mention of it,

Just goes to show who dictates what is discussed on RTE now, if this was some affordable housing scheme costing 700 to 800 million, it would have being all over the TV/Radio all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,340 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah lads, what about the pension crisis coming.

These people will pay for it all. Every single cent.

Even if they never work they still will magically pay for it.

And it's coming quick, maybe not as quick as other European countries but it's still coming...

Interesting video here on the Spanish pension crisis, something which mass immigration can't solve

https://youtu.be/Y3JjXTyNA4M

Pensions wont bother the people that are making these decisions, the will be well looked after, and there lies the problem as i see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

This post belongs in the Conspiracy Theory forum and undermines those who are genuinely aggrieved by Government policy which runs counter purpose to the best interests of Irish Citizens.

So you think I'm a conspiracy theorist and I undermine my own people.
    Perhaps you should remove your blinkers and and try and realise some things are just not as black and white as you think they are.

So you think I'm a conspiracy theorist and I undermine my own people.
    Perhaps you should remove your blinkers and and try and realise some things are just not as black and white as you think they are.

conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

without proof it is a theory.

theory: a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

ergo conspiracy theory.

conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

without proof it is a theory.

theory: a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

ergo conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy: were bringing in engineers and doctors.

Theory: to fill jobs and add to economy.

Reality: Biggest majority are economic migrants and
    Mostly bogus AS claims of which Ireland
    And the EU has decided to take in.

Right, I'm off to work, someone has to pay for all this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Roderic o gorman says thanks

Do a bit of overtime while your at it, every euro counts the way the Green Party are spending money.

Since this seems to be moving along with no opposition the will find another way to screw the Irish taxpayer next week.

mgn wrote: »
    Do a bit of overtime while your at it, every euro counts the way the Green Party are spending money.

Since this seems to be moving along with no opposition the will find another way to screw the Irish taxpayer next week.

Maybe if everyone done overtime, we could give them free houses within 3 months of arriving here instead of 4. Get the finger out , Irish people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Maybe if everyone done overtime, we could give them free houses within 3 months of arriving here instead of 4. Get the finger out , Irish people

Il be in extra early tomorrow boss. Il eat on the go at lunch too.

I'm doing my part. I'm a good citizen/worker drone.

Or take the big salary's and expenses of these muppets who are making the decisions sounds better to me.

Il be in extra early tomorrow boss. Il eat on the go at lunch too.

I'm doing my part. I'm a good citizen/worker drone.

At this rate the will be sending planes out to collect them. save them the bother of paying traffickers.

If the TDs and NGOs are so passionate about this cause , maybe they should take a cut in their wages and pensions to fund this instead of the normal taxpayer . Like NGOs are funded to the tune of 5 .5 billion a year . Maybe if we cut that by 3 billion , then there's plenty of money to go around for housing. Do ye reckon they'd be up for it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

And thankfully refugees and asylum seekers don't age so we don't even have to think about the increased numbers required to replace them in a generation and a further increased number to replace the next and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Sarcozies wrote: »
    And thankfully refugees and asylum seekers don't age so we don't even have to think about the increased numbers required to replace them in a generation and a further increased number to replace the next and so on.

If the TDs and NGOs are so passionate about this cause , maybe they should take a cut in their wages and pensions to fund this instead of the normal taxpayer . Like NGOs are funded to the tune of 5 .5 billion a year . Maybe if we cut that by 3 billion , then there's plenty of money to go around for housing. Do ye reckon they'd be up for it ??

Have a look out your window, if you can see pigs flying by, then there is a chance that the might,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

If councils purchase houses/apartments for 3500 people in year one what happens in year 2,3,4 etc

Is the plan to keep buying up houses year on year for asylum seekers?

What happens if in year 2 5000 turn up? More houses bought up.

This is the most hair brained, super woke, anti Irish move to come out of any Irish government in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

No mention of this new scheme in the Sunday times today, no mention on the week in politics according to another poster.
    Job done, let the floodgates open.
    Chatting to a lad working in addiction services today, he said since covid they're inundated. If you ring them for help it's a 3 month!! wait for a first meeting. No money in the pot for looking after paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

The asylum process was changed to reduce its length but the change couldn't be applied to cases in which applications for asylum were made before the change in the system commenced.

How was it changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

enricoh wrote: »
    No mention of this new scheme in the Sunday times today, no mention on the week in politics according to another poster.
    Chatting to a lad working in addiction services today, he said since covid they're inundated. If you ring them for help it's a 3 month!! wait for a first meeting. No money in the pot for looking after paddy.

I thought the Times might have followed it esp after their McCabe story last weekend, a story which magically was not picked up on by any media during the week

There is alot more damage to come soon after were back to some normality. Mental health, long covid, business closures and unemployment. They should be planning for this instead of looking to flood the country with more problems.

But then again when did they ever plan ahead for anything.

Wow, I'm surprised you got a reply. He has an "interesting" take on the Oughterard protests. His last sentence is hilarious....

His last sentence is bizarre though isn't it.
    It's like he's done the usual politition/FG response above and then adds in that last sentence for good measure.

Hamachi wrote: »
    Unsurprising. However, I wouldn’t let that rest. It’s worth firing off a response that the the program for government should not be dictated by a fringe party who command just 3% of votes in the latest opinion poll. Let him know that you will cache his response and will ensure to share it with your friends, family, and wider circle at the time of the next GE. It’s also worth highlighting that the impact on future numbers seeking asylum is a given. This flawed policy will serve as a beacon for spurious claims. It’s highly disingenuous of him to suggest otherwise.

No harm in taking the 15 minutes to craft that response. Encourage your family, friends, and wider circle who also have concerns, to drop an e-mail to their local TDs. Do not despair. Ireland is your home and you are entitled to participate fully in the democratic process. This is only just getting started.

Thanks, fully intend putting together a good response tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭zell12

A Few years ago, we took in real Syrian refugees from camps in Lebanon, Greece, Italy. They were put into orientation centres, then into HAP housing with every assistance from the State.
    Yet Irish people struggling with rising rents, expiring leases, were ending up homeless and told to find their own HAP place in a saturated rental market. Politicians ignored them and still do.

When it was put to the then minister Aodhan O Riordan, he said we can fix the rise in homelessness and import refugees at the same time. Turns out we could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Progressives and modern Left called while you were out, they said to tell you to Go Fu## yourself and if you are in the bottom half of the income ladder they said F.O.A.D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Niall Boylan is the best hope to keep this story in the limelight.

Advertisement