Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s not ok to hate people because of color. On the other hand you CAN hate, despise, disagree with immigration policy... if how it is administered is having a detrimental impact on the health and wellbeing of the tax paying citizens of the country...and the country itself..

Unfortunately the GETEE ( give everything to everybody else ) brigade will be shouting racist if you disagree with them... they’d be shouting the same if you tried to remove a recently arrived non national seeking asylum from your prepaid, pre booked and assigned rail seat... that’s the agenda... that we quickly are to become second class citizens in our own country...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

It's a better approach than hating people because of the colour of their skin and inciting riots in the middle of a pandemic though eh.

Absolutely, however; the unfortunate racially motivated incident in front of a shuttered up Blanchardstown shop with people inside being intimidated as being “white bastards” that you are no doubt referring to with your remark above, is not exactly on topic with this thread either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hamachi wrote: »
    You manage to do all that, as well as identifying and silencing online ‘racists’?

You really are a trooper.

Nice of you to agree that this thread is full of online keyboard warrior racists.

I’m in the Laois Offaly constituency and I sent an email based on a template from this thread.

Only Carol Nolan (Independent) replied (well a representative) and she stated:

I can assure you that Carol shares your concerns and will raise this matter directly with Minister O’Gorman.

As you rightly observe; this state already has an endemic housing problem and chronic levels of homelessness.

It would appear only appropriate and just that we address those issues as a matter of the utmost priority.

Needless to say no reply from
    Barry Cowen / Sean Fleming (FF)
    Charlie Flanagan (FG)
    Brian Stanley (SF)

That will be remembered come election day.

Fair play to Carol Nolan. I've said it before and I'm convinced, when you talk to independents either when they are running for election or after being elected on issues like this their views will often align with ordinary citizens.

It's the people who are connected to the political parties who often seem to be at odds with the ordinary citizens. They'd probably claim it's because they are more intelligent or moral or have a deeper understanding of these complex issues, I increasingly get the feeling that it's because they toe the party line on so called contentious issues in order to protect their careers/brand image. Anything to do with immigration we all say in unison, everything is fine, no need for discussion. They'll have free and vigorous debate though on minor economic issues like water charges, rasing marginal tax rates by one percentage point etc.

That's why I feel they lack any integrity...

Ah sure imaginary stories of five terrorist attacks a day and racial strife.
    And a promise to vote for the national party. An actual racist political party.
    No nothing about race intended with that post.

You are right klaz I'm the problem. I fly my private plane to Africa twice a day to pick up a plane load of refugees and on the way back I teach them how to replace the thick Irish racists steal their women and claim their doles.

Awoooooooo scary stuff.
    The sad thing is that you're part of the problem.

You're doing an excellent job of reinforcing my point.

• Advertisement

I see people are starting to get replys from various representatives, has anyone got anything back from any SF official, I don't see any?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Nice of you to agree that this thread is full of online keyboard warrior racists.

Robbie, simple question (although I suspect I won't get an answer): do you think bogus asylum seekers should be allowed to remain in the country? A Yes or No will do.

You're doing an excellent job of reinforcing my point.

What problem am I part of is it the great replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I know. It’s terrific seeing people exercising their democratic right to articulate their concerns to their local public representatives.

Thanks for your edifying contribution.

I see people are starting to get replys from various representatives, has anyone got anything back from any SF official, I don't see any?

Nothing back from SF. Duly noted for the next GE, not that I would have voted for them anyway.

• Advertisement

This is strange, like a deliberate attempt to derail the thread or shut down the conversation?

Nah.. it's a very obvious point.. No point getting banned over you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Roderic O' Gorman will be forced at some stage to deny that Irish people will be discriminated in the provision of housing, as asylum seekers arrive in substantial numbers when Covid travel restrictions are lifted. This is the same type of lie when politicians swears blind that they would have no problem living next door to a halting site. Due to the shortage of housing, it is inevitable that in order to provide asylum seekers with their free homes after 4 months, people in this country on the housing list will have to passed over.

But it will not only be housing.
    Listening to the news this morning about the hospital waiting lists in Ireland approaching the 1 million mark, and of the appalling situation where the women affected by the cervical tests scandal were finally given non-temporary medical cards yesterday, we can be reasonably sure that Irish people will also be skipped over on hospital waiting lists. While Irish women battling the cervical debacle had to wait an inordinate amount of time for their medical cards, asylum seekers are guaranteed their own cards as soon as they put in the paperwork.

It would be one thing if these asylum seekers were actual refugees who were vetting and accepted into our country, but we know that the vast majority of them who arrive into Ireland, many times from other cities in Europe, are not deemed genuine asylum seekers. Yet they are guaranteed to a free home within 4 months. This disparity should indeed be challenged not only in Ireland, but also in European courts.

Robbie, simple question (although I suspect I won't get an answer): do you think bogus asylum seekers should be allowed to remain in the country? A Yes or No will do.

Why would you suspect that Pádraig. That's a very strange thing to be suspect about.

No I do not think failed asylum seekers should be granted permission to remain in the state.

Nah.. it's a very obvious point.. No point getting banned over you

What's the very obvious point. Come on out with it Klaz.

This has got to stop.

Robbie, if you believe that this thread is full of racists then please show us who they are and your reasoning for believing them to be racists. We can then report them to the mods together.

If you can’t show any proof then you shouldn’t be allowed to accuse with no evidence. Just like I’d hope you wouldn’t be allowed to accuse anyone (or everyone) of being a peadophile without proof.

This has got to stop.

Robbie, if you believe that this thread is full of racists then please show us who they are and your reasoning for believing them to be racists. We can then report them to the mods together.

If you can’t show any proof then you shouldn’t be allowed to accuse with no evidence. Just like I’d hope you wouldn’t be allowed to accuse anyone (or everyone) of being a peadophile without proof.

If you are not racist then it's not you so don't worry. However if you hate people for nothing more than for example than the nation of their birth, or colour of skin. Then you are racist.

The national party are a party with racists beliefs so when you start to align your beliefs with them them I have to wonder how much of their hateful ideology you may also believe.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you are not racist then it's not you so don't worry. However if you hate people for nothing more than for example than the nation of their birth, or colour of skin. Then you are racist.

The national party are a party with racists beliefs so when you start to align your beliefs with them them I have to wonder how much of their hateful ideology you may also believe.

That's a real stretch and is frankly not far off trolling the thread.

What do you think of O'Gorman's big kick up to the big developers and corporate capital and certainly the biggest kick to the head the working class have seen here in decades.

You'll benefit from this "solidarity". Most here won't.

Probably he means the tendancy of people like yourself to go all Archbishop McQuaid very quickly.

A modern left activist would have been a Jesuit or Monsignor 50 years ago. They both come from the same class.

Personally I think you would have even risen to Cardinal in the 1950s, though I like to see people be all that they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

This has got to stop.

Strawberry, it is best to just use the ignore button. There are a few boys on here with all the same MO, where they throw out the "racist" (alt-right, National Front etc.) accusation when flustered or unable to maturely debate a topic. Putting them on ignore allows those with a genuine intelligent opposing view to be heard amongst the noise.

Edit: The racist accusers also use this tactic to completely derail the thread, and shut down the conversation. Best to ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

You're actually hopeless. Your logical process relies highly on massive leaps, and little evidence. The duck you speak of exists only in your head, you haven't proven its existence. Screaming about the duck again and again doesn't make it anymore real; as it stands your duck is a real as a monster under a child's bed.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

TomTomTim wrote: »
    You're actually hopeless. Your logical process relies highly on massive leaps, and little evidence. The duck you speak of exists only in your head, you haven't proven its existence. Screaming about the duck again and again doesn't make it anymore real; as it stands your duck is a real as a monster under a child's bed.

He is absolutely spot on actually and I suspect you know that quite well.

He is absolutely spot on actually and I suspect you know that quite well.

Oh well that closes the case. Ye both "suspect".

Kivaro wrote: »
    Edit: The racist accusers also use this tactic to completely derail the thread, and shut down the conversation. Best to ignore them.

Agreed. Best to simply ignore. Let’s focus on connecting with our public representatives and posting the outcomes of those discussions here. Participating in the democratic process is the way forward; quarreling with irrelevant non-entities achieves nothing.

Looking forward to reading more updates.

So the post I quoted, lets address it in full then.
    They're getting my vote, enough is enough of this nonsense.

So because of a proposal to treat asylum seekers better during their application you now feel the only option is to vote for the National Party.
    Who among many things espouse
    the creation of a “Catholic Republic”, where immigration would be greatly restricted (an “Irish Ireland”), divorce and abortion banned, and patriotism elevated to the highest of public virtues.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/national-party-leader-espouses-creation-of-catholic-republic-1.2870955

The Same national party Who
    Ireland’s National Party in favour of racial profiling, says leader

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-national-party-in-favour-of-racial-profiling-says-leader-1.2873485

So that's clear this poster has now declared themselves as voting for the national party a totally not racist party. I mean they have never ever openly made their insular and racist ideology public or anything.

Oh wait I forgot not only racist but also anti European. They even hate European multiculurism
    It also describes the European Union as “dictatorial” and “federal”, and decries the growth of multiculturalism in Irish society.

No way they could be described as racist. No way not ever not the national party. :D:D

But Doctor Roast not happy to just nail his colours to the national party flag goes further
    With the current shower and parties there could be 5 terrorist attacks in a day,

He creates a fantasy land where because of our better treatment of Asylum seekers we end up in an Ireland that has 5 terrorist attacks every day.
    I mean we haven't had one terrorist attack from our asylum seekers but sure things are now so bad we are going to be deluged with terror attacks every day by asylum seekers.

widespread racial strife and they'll still insist multiculturalism is a great idea and it's nothing to worry about

In his head Doctor roast is living in an Ireland with widespread racial strife. Anyone want to link to examples of this widespread racial strife for me. Because you know I cant find any evidence.

And then we have again that fear of multiculurism which as the national party leader has stated is also European multicultiurism that is part of the problem.

But sure there is nothing racist in supporting the national party and its ideas nothing racist to see her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Why would you suspect that Pádraig. That's a very strange thing to be suspect about.

No I do not think failed asylum seekers should be granted permission to remain in the state.

Thanks for your answer. So you are in agreement with most on this thread that the vast majority of asylum seekers (who the statistics show are bogus) should not be allowed to remain in Ireland? I don't think anyone has a problem with genuine refugees so it seems we're on the same page? Do you acknowledge that the fraudulent asylum seekers clog up the system, preventing the few genuine cases being dealt with promptly? Surely then you must agree with swift removal from the country of bogus claimants?

Thanks for your answer. So you are in agreement with most on this thread that the vast majority of asylum seekers (who the statistics show are bogus) should not be allowed to remain in Ireland? I don't think anyone has a problem with genuine refugees so it seems we're on the same page? Do you acknowledge that the fraudulent asylum seekers clog up the system, preventing the few genuine cases being dealt with promptly? Surely then you must agree with swift removal from the country of bogus claimants?

As long as due legal process is adhered to then I would of course support the removal of failed asylum seekers where appropriate.

But this thread is not about that. It is about peoples unhappiness at a government proposal to change the direct provision system currently in place.
    And the mere suggestion of better treatment for asylum seekers is enough to send some posters to the racist national party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

So because of a proposal to treat asylum seekers better during their application you now feel the only option is to vote for the National Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/national-party-leader-espouses-creation-of-catholic-republic-1.2870955

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-national-party-in-favour-of-racial-profiling-says-leader-1.2873485

So that's clear this poster has now declared themselves as voting for the national party a totally not racist party. I mean they have never ever openly made their insular and racist ideology public or anything.

Oh wait I forgot not only racist but also anti European. They even hate European multiculurism

No way they could be described as racist. No way not ever not the national party. :D:D

But Doctor Roast not happy to just nail his colours to the national party flag goes further

He creates a fantasy land where because of our better treatment of Asylum seekers we end up in an Ireland that has 5 terrorist attacks every day.
    I mean we haven't had one terrorist attack from our asylum seekers but sure things are now so bad we are going to be deluged with terror attacks every day by asylum seekers.

In his head Doctor roast is living in an Ireland with widespread racial strife. Anyone want to link to examples of this widespread racial strife for me. Because you know I cant find any evidence.

And then we have again that fear of multiculurism which as the national party leader has stated is also European multicultiurism that is part of the problem.

But sure there is nothing racist in supporting the national party and its ideas nothing racist to see her at all.

No I feel that they are the only ones addressing the elephant in the room here, other parties and individuals are afraid to speak up in fear of being labelled racist....by the likes of your good self

I gave a hypothetical scenario of how the current parties will still hold onto the whole "diversity is our strength" no matter how disastrous its proving to be, they'll still hold onto that dogma again for fear of being labelled racist... By the likes of your good self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

By the way he's right about the EU...

• Advertisement

By the way he's right about the EU...

European multicultiurism is a problem?

Advertisement