Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

As long as due legal process is adhered to then I would of course support the removal of failed asylum seekers where appropriate.

But this thread is not about that. It is about peoples unhappiness at a government proposal to change the direct provision system currently in place.
    And the mere suggestion of better treatment for asylum seekers is enough to send some posters to the racist national party.

People would be happy for genuine asylum seekers to be treated the same as everyone else but according to this plan, they are getting preferential treatment. That is not fair Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

It's a better approach than hating people because of the colour of their skin and inciting riots in the middle of a pandemic though eh.

Th only hating and racism on this thread is coming from you,

You are the one being racist to Irish people, but that's probably allowed in your world.
    For the rest of us, we live in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

European multicultiurism is a problem?

It can be yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

It can be yes.

There we have it my earlier assessment on your comments wasn't wrong, despite all the posters jumping to your defence!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Well it has failed

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-german-chancellor-says-multiculturalism-sham-a6773111.html
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel's refugee policy has attracted praise from all over the world. Time Magazine and the Financial Times newspaper recently named her Person of the Year, and delegates applauded her for so long at her party's convention on Monday that she had to stop them.

The speech that followed, however, may have surprised supporters of her policies: Multiculturalism remains a sham, she said, before adding that Germany may be reaching its limits in terms of accepting more refugees. "The challenge is immense," she said. "We want and we will reduce the number of refugees noticeably."

Although those remarks may seem uncharacteristic of Merkel, she probably would insist that she was not contradicting herself. In fact, she was only repeating a sentiment she first voiced several years ago when she said multiculturalism in Germany had "utterly failed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    They were all at this a few years ago. Are we meant to just forget their words?

Sarkozy declares multiculturalism "a failure"

Multiculturalism has failed in Europe, Cameron tells security conference

I mean it's not like mass sexual assaults in Cologne (which they tried to keep hush), Sweden, numerous terrorist attacks, diversity blocks at Christmas markets,people living in fear and now beheadings on the streets of Europe is a raging success...

Emmm I don't think that article is about European citizens. But sure I'm merely reading the actual article rather than playing the game jump to conclusions

Which is the actual question doctor roast answered. Unless EU citizens are now refugees in Germany.

Are you saying EU citizens are considered refugees in Germany?

Emmm I don't think that article is about European citizens. But sure I'm merely reading the actual article rather than playing the game jump to conclusions

Which is the actual question doctor roast answered. Unless EU citizens are now refugees in Germany.

What are you on about? This thread has nothing do with EU citizens either. Are you struggling to follow what's being discussed or something?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

So there's no problems with the Roma community, or workers from Eastern Europe working for pittance and keeping wages low?

• Advertisement

By the way he's right about the EU...
    It can be yes.

What are you on about? This thread has nothing do with EU citizens either. Are you struggling to follow what's being discussed or something?

Are you struggling to follow?
    I'm only responding to the claims Doctor roast made about European multicultiurism being a problem in Ireland see comments above.

I didn't goad him he offered them freely. Then as is normal in a discussion I responded to what the poster actual said!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So there's no problems with the Roma community, or workers from Eastern Europe working for pittance and keeping wages low?

I don't know is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Roma and work don't go together....

There's one in my hometown who sits outside the post office on a certain day with her paw out, I'd say she's about 16,she does the rounds to other neighbouring towns on pension day because they're soft targets.

A few weeks ago I was sitting in the car outside the post office and some charity had set up a table at the entrance looking donations..... Then yer woman arrived, well all hell broke lose, its prime real estate that spot... Eventually the charity just left.... Racists

You do know Google is very friendly...

And the eastern Europeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

They were all at this a few years ago. Are we meant to just forget their words?

Sarkozy declares multiculturalism "a failure"

Multiculturalism has failed in Europe, Cameron tells security conference

Well that's all easily explained away, sarkozy, cameron n merkel are big dirty racists aren't they Robbie!

enricoh wrote: »
    Well that's all easily explained away, sarkozy, cameron n merkel are big dirty racists aren't they Robbie!

Is that your statement or a question?
    The exclamation mark indicates its a statement but the phrasing is of a question.

And the eastern Europeans?

Undercut the Irish farm workers in my town, you'll be lucky to see an Irish person doing that work now.... Of course the myth is spread that irish people won't do that work anymore, after doing it for years....

MYTH BUSTED: Irish people won't do it for the wage now being offered

By the way Robbie I notice you're not actually addressing any of this, just throwing out questions and then skipping over the responses with more questions... I'm 99.9% sure you have a Che Guevara poster on your wall

Undercut the Irish farm workers in my town, you'll be lucky to see an Irish person doing that work now.... Of course the myth is spread that irish people won't do that work anymore, after doing it for years....

MYTH BUSTED: Irish people won't do it for the wage now being offered

By the way Robbie I notice you're not actually addressing any of this, just throwing out questions and then skipping over the responses with more questions... I'm 99.9% sure you have a Che Guevara poster on your wall

Are you suggesting the Eastern Europeans are working for less than the state minimum wage?

Only posters on the wall belong to my children and I have never owned a che Guevara anything. Although I believe the famous image was created by an irishman. (indeed Jim Fitzpatrick)

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting the Eastern Europeans are working for less than the state minimum wage?

Only posters on the wall belong to my children and I have never owned a che Guevara anything. Although I believe the famous image was created by an irishman. (indeed Jim Fitzpatrick)

Look I'm going to break It down for you Robbie, you've been provided with numerous examples, personal stories and links to leaders admitting the negatives of migration and multiculturalism (and Ireland won't fare much better, it won't be an improvement on the society we had before) and you've chosen to ignore them while prancing around yelling racist. I won't be replying to you again, I know you would dearly love to see me leave the thread and shut down debate but nah that ain't happening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Unless you call begging, shoplifting, and having lots of kids as work

Look I'm going to break It down for you Robbie, you've been provided with numerous examples, personal stories and links to leaders admitting the negatives of migration and multiculturalism (and Ireland won't fare much better, it won't be an improvement on the society we had before) and you've chosen to ignore them while prancing around yelling racist. I won't be replying to you again, I know you would dearly love to see me leave the thread and shut down debate but nah that ain't happening.....

No I don't want to shut this debate down much better to let people air their views on the impending race wars in Ireland and hate for European citizens.

The Mark Twain quote about keeping your mouth shut springs to mind when I read many of the posts here.

The national party has found a worthy new member in you DR.

No I don't want to shut this debate down much better to let people air their views on the impending race wars in Ireland and hate for European citizens.

The Mark Twain quote about keeping your mouth shut springs to mind when I read many of the posts here.

Maybe you should take some heed of the quote yourself, as you're the only one here who appears foolish.

I do hope you're around in a few years to answer some tough questions :)

whilst other countries leaders are admitting its a failure, Ireland is somersaulting and backflipping down the multiculturalism road much to the detriment of its citizens.

FIN

Also, your obsession with the NP is bizarre. I don't remember anyone in this thread ever issuing support to them, yet you persist.

Race wars what are you on about..
    No one is inducing a race war on this thread or even close to it.
    We've all come together here for a adult discussion on the governments proposal to fast track homes and services for asylum seekers.
    Our democratic right. We've emailed our TDs and are trying to voice our rightful opinion.
    Until you stepped in that is. You sound like you could be Ebun Joseph behind that computer.

Now tell me what I am.
    I posted a few threads back, I come from a diverse family.
    Europeans, blacks and Irish.
    But I don't like this new propasal. I don't want asylum seekers (non genuine) or anyone else putting pressure on an already over packed system, housing, pensions, welfare, hospitals schools, law.
    And I don't like the problems that these asylum seekers bring here socially, a quick Google search will show you the many cases. Not saying we don't have our own social problems, but thats all we need.
    The government is discriminating against me the tax payer in my own country.
    So tell me am I also racist?

I agree, I think he got in because lack of choice and people's tiredness with FF/FG. I'm the same as you, disillusioned, but I would never vote for the NP

So peter says they could never support the National Party
    They're getting my vote, enough is enough of this nonsense. With the current shower and parties there could be 5 terrorist attacks in a day, widespread racial strife and they'll still insist multiculturalism is a great idea and it's nothing to worry about

Doctor Roast says they are getting his vote!

Also, your obsession with the NP is bizarre. I don't remember anyone in this thread ever issuing support to them, yet you persist.

Then you come in and say no one said they support the national party.
    :confused:
    I mean Doctor Roast saying he would support them is exactly how I got onto the topic and why I was discussing it with that poster.

Did you think I just randomly made that up. How strange.

I assume you will admit now you were wrong to claim it is my obsession and agree Doctor Roast said the National Party were getting his support?

They're getting my vote, enough is enough of this nonsense. With the current shower and parties there could be 5 terrorist attacks in a day, widespread racial strife and they'll still insist multiculturalism is a great idea and it's nothing to worry about
    Race wars what are you on about..
    No one is inducing a race war on this thread or even close to it.

I don't think I quoted a single one of your posts prior to this point username2020, so why would you feel I am making accusation's about you?

I was responding to Doctor Roast. Who indicated his concern about impending racial strife and five terror attacks a day. If that is not an indication of a belief in a coming race war I am not sure what the poster meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Gradius wrote: »
    It's as simple as this, the quality of life in Ireland is indirectly reduced by this asylum nonsense and the wider implications of inward migration.

There is a silent price for the ridiculous costs of housing in this country. It negatively impacts relationships, negatively impacts having children, negatively impacts normal familyhood, negatively impacts employment, negatively impacts community and sense of belonging, and from these examples and much more it also negatively impacts mental health.

Forgetting anything to do with cultural antagonism, the simple truth is that more people arriving into this country is bad news for everyone here. Those naturalisation "celebrations" alone have introduced over 130'000 extra people.

Birth rates among Irish people are on a downward trajectory, birthrates of non-irish are on an upward trajectory. It's easy to understand why. It is increasingly difficult for Irish people to have families, it is increasingly easier for non-irish to have families. 1 in 4 people on housing lists are not from this country, and it's only increasing.

Of course then the excuse is trotted out of aging populations and not enough young people, so let's invite even more people in and roll out the benefits. But that's like adding petrol on to a fire to extinguish it, just insanity.

The whole thing is disgraceful, and history is going to be VERY unkind to every arsehole that supports these policies when it's all said and done.

What about help our own have more kids ffs

Advertisement