Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Feadog999 wrote: »
    I just received a response to my previously posted email by Neale Richmond (FG). Worth noting that Neale Richmond, when he was a senator, voted against the naturalisation bill when labour brought it to the Seanad in 2018.

Many thanks for getting in touch and for sharing your opinions.

I am supportive of both Minister McEntee’s Justice Plan and the White Paper on ending direct provision.

The new building and acquiring of accommodation for asylum seekers will be additional to our current housing stock......
    But we do not have enough housing stock currently for the Irish people on the housing lists. That's the problem.

It seems these politicians are following the same template in their responses. The massive reception centres that they are building now is an indicator of the ramp up of the asylum seeker intake that the government is planning for. Asylum seekers will only be staying in these receptions centres for 4 months, and then it's off to their own-door home. That is where Irish people will be in competition for housing, and since asylum seekers are guaranteed a home, it will be the Irish who will lose that competition.

Roderic O' Gorman probably let the cat out of the bag when he said that there would be no cap on the amount of asylum seekers who will be allowed to come to Ireland and receive free homes. No other country in Europe is building massive new reception centres for asylum seekers. If free homes is not a beacon for them to come to Ireland, then I don't know what is. Well, I do. It could also be the quick path to citizenship for asylum seekers, or the very generous welfare/medical cards/free healthcare/free education that they receive when they get here, or the apprenticeship program that was announced last week where asylum seekers will be given preference, etc. etc.

The Fine Gael politician above says: "it cannot preclude us from making Ireland a more welcoming and better place to live for all its residents, not just the Irish people". The reality is that asylum seekers will most likely have a superior lifestyle to a large contingent of Irish people who are just getting by in this country. And that is before there is any determination of their asylum application, and let's not forget that the majority of asylum applications are rejected. So even if they do not meet the criteria for asylum, they will still be afforded all the benefits/entitlements of Irish society. That is wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kivaro wrote: »

The Fine Gael politician above says: "it cannot preclude us from making Ireland a more welcoming and better place to live for all its residents, not just the Irish people". The reality is that asylum seekers will most likely have a superior lifestyle to a large contingent of Irish people who are just getting by in this country. And that is before there is any determination of their asylum application, and let's not forget that the majority of asylum applications are rejected. So even if they do not meet the criteria for asylum, they will still be afforded all the benefits/entitlements of Irish society. That is wrong.
    It's bloody criminal and extremely irresponsible and outside complete and utter wastes of space like the national party, the Irish electorate has little choice in the matter as far as candidates who might question this are concerned.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's bloody criminal and extremely irresponsible and outside complete and utter wastes of space like the national party, the Irish electorate has little choice in the matter as far as candidates who might question this are concerned.

It's not criminal, it's been FG thinking for years. Does anyone remember that FG stalwart Peter Sutherland, former FG appointed attorney general then chair of Goldman Sachs, Head of BP, and then transmuted himself into UN migration chief, saying that we* must undermine the national homogeneity of EU member states?

*Who is the we he is referring to here exactly? It's most definitely not the likes of you or me.

Edit: I found this youtube link of Sutherland and Simon Coveney at a Bilderberg Conference in Copenhagen in 2014. So don't go expecting the bould Simon to go upsetting that particular apple cart.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭clytemnestra

Marcos wrote: »
    It's not criminal, it's been FG thinking for years. Does anyone remember that FG stalwart Peter Sutherland, former FG appointed attorney general then chair of Goldman Sachs, Head of BP, and then transmuted himself into UN migration chief, saying that we* must undermine the national homogeneity of EU member states?

*Who is the we he is referring to here exactly? It's most definitely not the likes of you or me.

Yes and he had this bizarrely elevated to sainthood treatment in the media. I remember Gaybo's reverential interview. Didn't Sutherland live
    in a gated community in Monaco? It was round about that time I started wondering if Irish people were completely thick and unable to join the dots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Marcos wrote: »

Without a doubt that this is ideologically driven by the likes of Simon Coveney in Fine Gael, who was an ardent follower/disciple of Peter Sutherland. Coveney has spoken about Ireland having a population of 10 million people, and that's just on our side of the border on this tiny island. He also proclaimed that there would be diversity in every single town and village in Ireland. Coveney's depiction of diversity and our definition is most likely very different. All of this is his attempt to undermine the homogeneity of the Irish State.

In the meantime, Fine Gael will gladly allow the likes of the Green Party to push through these repressive measures to dramatically increase non-EU migrants into Ireland. They are repressive because they are discriminatory against Irish people looking for housing, apprenticeships, and possibly other areas where there are waiting lists. This is Fine Gael's version of affirmative action, and it is the reason why I will never vote for them in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kivaro wrote: »
    Without a doubt that this is ideologically driven by the likes of Simon Coveney in Fine Gael, who was an ardent follower/disciple of Peter Sutherland. Coveney has spoken about Ireland having a population of 10 million people, and that's just on our side of the border on this tiny island. He also proclaimed that there would be diversity in every single town and village in Ireland. Coveney's depiction of diversity and our definition is most likely very different. All of this is his attempt to undermine the homogeneity of the Irish State.

In the meantime, Fine Gael will gladly allow the likes of the Green Party to push through these repressive measures to dramatically increase non-EU migrants into Ireland. They are repressive because they are discriminatory against Irish people looking for housing, apprenticeships, and possibly other areas where there are waiting lists. This is Fine Gael's version of affirmative action, and it is the reason why I will never vote for them in the future.

This is why I can't understand those who think Coveney would be better than Leo.

Leo may be obsessed with his media profile and populist statements, and always keen to keep himself in the news (generally by talking about someone else's brief), but he's also massively ineffective in Government so the damage is limited in that sense.

Coveney would destroy this country in the name of the EU and his multicultural fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Coveney would destroy this country in the name of the EU and his multicultural fantasy.

Indeed. As another poster pointed out, seeing Coveney attend Bilderberg with Peter Sutherland in Copenhagen reveals everything you need to know about his ideological leanings.

It’s all so depressing. Ireland seems like the only country in Europe without a counterforce pushing back against this lunacy. I really fear for the future of our society if a viable political alternative fails to emerge within the next five to ten years.

These people have no mandate to destroy the country that was built on the back of our ancestors. Yet, we the Irish people are totally disenfranchised by this cohort of morons masquerading as the ‘political class’. It beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Feadog999

One thing I can't understand is the turnaround with FG on the naturalisation bill. All FG senators voted against it in 2018, and all of a sudden they are for it? Weird one. May there is a separation between senators and TDs

I just received a response to my previously posted email by Neale Richmond (FG). Worth noting that Neale Richmond, when he was a senator, voted against the naturalisation bill when labour brought it to the Seanad in 2018.

Many thanks for getting in touch and for sharing your opinions.

I am supportive of both Minister McEntee’s Justice Plan and the White Paper on ending direct provision.

The new building and acquiring of accommodation for asylum seekers will be additional to our current housing stock. The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth will go about building six new Reception Centres and as part of the second phase, the Department will engage with Approved Housing Bodies or other not-for-profit groups regarding the building and acquiring of new accommodation.

We have a responsibility to ensure that those who come to Ireland to seek International Protection are treated with respect and fairly.

The purpose of this move is not to take anything away from the Irish people. Irish people and taxpayers have a right to expect an International Protection system that is efficient in terms of time and cost, that protects our security and is not open to abuse.

On the Justice Plan, Minister McEntee is seeking to regularise the status of the residents in Ireland who have families here, work here and contribute to our society. We cannot say that these people are unlikely to work, indeed they are already contributing to our country in many cases. The scheme for regularising their status is set to launch in autumn with an application process opening by the end of the year. It is worth noting that 3,000 of these 17,000 people who could benefit from this scheme are children or young people.

I know times are really tough for so many people at the moment, this past year has certainly not been easy under any circumstances. However, this cannot preclude us from making Ireland a more welcoming and better place to live for all its residents, not just the Irish people

My response to the above email

Dear Neale,

Many thanks for your openess to engage. A couple of follow up questions if I may

1) If you are supportive of Minister McEntees justice plan, then why did you? And other Fine Gael senators, vote against the naturalisation bill in 2018? There doesn't seem to have been any material changes

2) You mention the tax payer is entitled to an efficient international protection scheme in terms of time and cost. I couldn't agree more. Maybe you missed this in my original email but the white paper does not lay the foundations for this.
    • The house costings are wrong, they use and IGEES paper that states the cost of delivery of a house is €230k to €250k - IGEES itself admits there are gaps in this analysis (as stated in my email). Dublin City Council outline the cost of building a house is closer to €430k and the society of chartered surveyors echoe this. So how can you have an efficient scheme when your base costings are incorrect?
    • Further to this point the white paper mentions securing accomodation through the Housing Assistance Program (HAP) we spend €1 billion on these types of schemes each year and is seen by all in the housing sector as incredibly inefficient. So why does the white paper double down on this inefficiency and how, in your terms, will this provide an efficient international protection programs?
    • You also mention acquisitions, again the housing supply is not there and the capacity is not there so these aquisitions through an AHB or local authority will do nothing but compete with first time buyers and workers (tax payers) also trying to buy a house and thus increase prices
    • There are 16,832 households on the social housing waiting list for more than 7 years. There are 50,147 households on the social housing waiting list for more than one year. So how is not discriminatory to provide people with own door accomodation after just 4 months?
    • Again, going back to my previous email and the article about the department of housing having reservations of the housing policy in the white paper. They mention displacement of existing homeless people and social housing waiting list directly due to the policy in the white paper i.e. they think it will be no good.

You might let me know your thoughts on all of the above points. Again, thank you for your time and engagement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This increasingly smacks of a done deal from on high that will be implemented with zero pushback from any in the current political class. As Hamachi notes Ireland is unusual in having no counter arguments or alternatives.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

This increasingly smacks of a done deal from on high that will be implemented with zero pushback from any in the current political class. As Hamachi notes Ireland is unusual in having no counter arguments or alternatives.

And when you do push back... Your a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tinfoil hat time.

This utterly imbicilic plan to pit the native population against asylum seekers in terms of access to housing will inevitably lead to a rise in right wing populism if not actual far right extremism.

We can see that there is an incredible thirst for rightwing antagonists that the progessive leftist political class can pit themselves against in oder to exhibit their liberal bone fides. Currently the demand far outsrips supply.

See where I'm going with this?

Or are they really that ****ing hopelessly dumb that they can't see where this leads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Tinfoil hat time.

This utterly imbicilic plan to pit the native population against asylum seekers in terms of access to housing will inevitably lead to a rise in right wing populism if not actual far right extremism.

We can see that there is an incredible thirst for rightwing antagonists that the progessive leftist political class can pit themselves against in oder to exhibit their liberal bone fides. Currently the demand far outsrips supply.

Or are they really that ****ing hopelessly dumb that they can't see where this leads?

I wager the people who made the most noise about ending direct provision are not the same people who will need social or affordable housing. They won't be the ones competing with new arrivals for limited stock.

Therefore no real blowback will occur. Life will go on as per usual for the middle classes

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Life will go on as per usual for the middle classes

Absolute Rubbish. The middle class are the ones least likely to gain financial or social supports from the government, while also being expected to provide for everyone else. The rich in Ireland are a relatively small number in comparison to the whole, and it will fall to the middle class to pay for a large percentage of the costs that will come from both, supporting increased numbers of migrants, and the need to provide for the lower income groups who already receive attention due to historical social perceptions.

Your attitude towards the middle class is part of the overall problem for Ireland, since the majority of the Irish population are middle class. The issue for many people is that because their parents were middle class, they themselves are considered above the income/educational thresholds for financial supports, even though, many are struggling to pay mortgages, and other costs, just like everyone else... but others will be able to appeal for government/State support.

I found this out for myself (during the banking crash), since my parents are middle class, as teachers. They have a good life, through all the work and saving they did.. but their circumstances are not my own. And yet, when it comes to any appraisal of circumstances by the State bodies about whether you should receive financial supports, the situation of your parents is greatly taken into account. If, on paper, your parents can provide for you, even as a 30/40 year old adult, then they should... It's one of the main reasons I left Ireland to live abroad. I simply couldn't get much beyond the most basic of supports from the government, due to appraisal of my parents situation. On paper. In reality, they weren't able to provide for much beyond themselves, but the government doesn't give a damn about such things.

The middle class will be squeezed by successive governments to provide for services, just as they've always been. The problem is that with the rising costs in Ireland (ongoing for decades), property prices, rates/taxes/costs, etc.. being middle class is not all it's supposedly cracked up to be. Especially when people keep pushing this inaccurate assigning of class to people when their own personal circumstances wouldn't normally fit the definition.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. I know "working class" people who earn more than professionals in companies, and are just as well educated, although with a different focus. One of the neighbors of my parents has a massive house, two expensive cars, etc... but he's a humble working class, construction worker. People keep pushing these class definitions without consideration for how Irish people have changed since the 70s/80s, or the economic development of the country. And yet, these working class people will still expect to be provided by the state... just because. Awfully handy that.

Tinfoil hat time.

Maybe, although I doubt it since Ireland doesn't have any real/serious historical connection with any continental style far right ideologies. Our far right movements are heavily watered down, and contain nothing about racial superiority. I suppose they could be developed, but in any nation where such groups have a presence, you're likely to see centuries of literature, and folklore promoting such beliefs. Ireland does't have it, and it would take a long time to gain popular support for such a hardline stance.

Instead, we're likely to see a growth of nationalism, and the promotion of being Irish. Which wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind. A sense of pride and unity under the nation of Ireland, and Irish ethnicity.. similar to how they Irish felt for the world cup all those years ago.

Honestly, I'd see that as a good thing. In the last few decades, western nationalism has been under attack as being something supremacist, and yet, there's little application of such a perception ot the national pride of other cultures.

Nope. I can see a growing sense of appreciation for being "Irish", while pointing to the negatives of other cultural/national groups. Not strictly right wing, in the modern sense of the phrase...

Maybe, although I doubt it since Ireland doesn't have any real/serious historical connection with any continental style far right ideologies. Our far right movements are heavily watered down, and contain nothing about racial superiority. I suppose they could be developed, but in any nation where such groups have a presence, you're likely to see centuries of literature, and folklore promoting such beliefs. Ireland does't have it, and it would take a long time to gain popular support for such a hardline stance.

Instead, we're likely to see a growth of nationalism, and the promotion of being Irish. Which wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind. A sense of pride and unity under the nation of Ireland, and Irish ethnicity.. similar to how they Irish felt for the world cup all those years ago.

Honestly, I'd see that as a good thing. In the last few decades, western nationalism has been under attack as being something supremacist, and yet, there's little application of such a perception ot the national pride of other cultures.

Nope. I can see a growing sense of appreciation for being "Irish", while pointing to the negatives of other cultural/national groups. Not strictly right wing, in the modern sense of the phrase...

I didn't want to say it but I was referring to lefties living in leafy suburbs. Crude but accurate to my point. Campaigned hardest to end dp . These people traditionally won't have to compete for housing. It isn't their issue.
    I feel like I'm repeating myself. Nonetheless it's happening and the sky is the limit

As for an appreciation of being "Irish". Young people consider themselves"European " or simply "human" these days. Drifting further and further away from the idea of nations or nationality. The politicians push it and the people follow.

I didn't want to say it but I was referring to lefties living in leafy suburbs. Crude but accurate to my point.

It's a tired vague cliche with little in the way of accuracy. It's an assumption based on... nothing beyond simple biases. "lefties living in leafy suburbs" which would have been somewhat accurate if you were talking about England.. which is where I suspect the cliche came from.
    Campaigned hardest to end dp . These people traditionally won't have to compete for housing. It isn't their issue.

Again.. you're basing this on what? Oh, I've seen a lot of posters make such claims about middle class people, but where's the hard data to show that this is the case in Ireland?

Those wanting to end DP come from all kinds of backgrounds. Many people throughout Ireland are very sympathetic towards Asylum seekers, and will continue to support them, even while they, themselves, are struggling to pay their own bills.
    I feel like I'm repeating myself. Nonetheless it's happening and the sky is the limit

Repeating yourself with.. a post count of 2. Yup.
    As for an appreciation of being "Irish". Young people consider themselves"European " or simply "human" these days. Drifting further and further away from the idea of nations or nationality. The politicians push it and the people follow.

Nationalism has been under attack for decades now.. it's little surprise that people would be more interested in being called European, considering the political weight that the EU has to offer, compared with Ireland, as a small country. In any case, you missed the point of my post to SC.

It's a tired vague cliche with little in the way of accuracy. It's an assumption based on... nothing beyond simple biases. "lefties living in leafy suburbs" which would have been somewhat accurate if you were talking about England.. which is where I suspect the cliche came from.

Again.. you're basing this on what? Oh, I've seen a lot of posters make such claims about middle class people, but where's the hard data to show that this is the case in Ireland?

Those wanting to end DP come from all kinds of backgrounds. Many people throughout Ireland are very sympathetic towards Asylum seekers, and will continue to support them, even while they, themselves, are struggling to pay their own bills.

Repeating yourself with.. a post count of 2. Yup.

Nationalism has been under attack for decades now.. it's little surprise that people would be more interested in being called European, considering the political weight that the EU has to offer, compared with Ireland, as a small country. In any case, you missed the point of my post to SC.

Indeed. Well regardless of yours or my opinions on the topic the blight of direct provision is finally coming to an end. That is the most important thing for both refugees and Irish people.
    Once the changes come into place it won't even be newsworthy. Life goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Indeed. Well regardless of yours or my opinions on the topic the blight of direct provision is finally coming to an end. That is the most important thing for both refugees and Irish people.
    Once the changes come into place it won't even be newsworthy. Life goes on

Really? A system that incentives an endless amount of people to come to our country and get free accommodation, and the effect of that, won't be newsworthy? It's honestly like a good chunk of the Irish live on another planet, one if which you can bring in radical policies, and everything still runs smoothly. Societies fabric is incredible fragile, yet for some reason many seem to think that it's a rock that can't be broken. I suppose that's a product of growing up in better times and not seeing civilizations fall, but at the same time the historical ignorance is unforgivable.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Really? A system that incentives an endless amount of people to come to our country and get free accommodation, and the effect of that, won't be newsworthy? It's honestly like a good chunk of the Irish live on another planet, one if which you can bring in radical policies, and everything still runs smoothly. Societies fabric is incredible fragile, yet for some reason many seem to think that it's a rock that can't be broken. I suppose that's a product of growing up in better times and not seeing civilizations fall, but at the same time the historical ignorance is unforgivable.

People are more likely to be offering furniture and jobs to the new residents than picketing their arrival.
    Universities will offer sponsored education

Rte and the Irish times will interview some of the new residents and we will hear about the contribution to society that people are ready to make

That is as newsworthy an event it will be. Roderic O'Gorman will receive praise on twitter etc

Life will go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭timmyntc

People are more likely to be offering furniture and jobs to the new residents than picketing their arrival.
    Universities will offer sponsored education

Rte and the Irish times will interview some of the new residents and we will hear about the contribution to society that people are ready to make

That is as newsworthy an event it will be. Roderic O'Gorman will receive praise on twitter etc

Life will go on

Jacinta and Anto will be up in arms over the 'fordeigners' coming over here and skipping them in the queue for a social house.
    The youth will be unhappy that house prices & rents are pushed up even further so that economic migrants can get housed here
    The squeezed middle will be unhappy that their tax money is being squandered to provide housing for people who may not have a right to even be here*

All of this will not be newsworthy no, but it will be far from forgotten overnight.
    The governments actions are sowing the seeds of discontent - creating a big divide between almost everyone in Irish society on one side, and incoming refugees on the other. It cant end well.

*Asylum seekers not yet granted leave to remain here will still be eligible for own door housing according to O'Gormans plan. Very possible that after the 10years+ of appeals they will be deported - but will take up scarce housing resources in that time.

timmyntc wrote: »
    Jacinta and Anto will be up in arms over the 'fordeigners' coming over here and skipping them in the queue for a social house.
    The youth will be unhappy that house prices & rents are pushed up even further so that economic migrants can get housed here
    The squeezed middle will be unhappy that their tax money is being squandered to provide housing for people who may not have a right to even be here*

All of this will not be newsworthy no, but it will be far from forgotten overnight.
    The governments actions are sowing the seeds of discontent - creating a big divide between almost everyone in Irish society on one side, and incoming refugees on the other. It cant end well.

*Asylum seekers not yet granted leave to remain here will still be eligible for own door housing according to O'Gormans plan. Very possible that after the 10years+ of appeals they will be deported - but will take up scarce housing resources in that time.

"All of this will be newsworthy" ....... The question is who will cover it?. To the vast majority of Irish people this is a huge positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭timmyntc

"All of this will be newsworthy" ....... The question is who will cover it?. To the vast majority of Irish people this is a huge positive.

:confused::confused:
    I think you should re-read my post before you misquote me

timmyntc wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    I think you should re-read my post before you misquote me

I apologise.

I think you are reading the room incorrectly. The vast majority of Irish people are welcoming the own door system and the dismantling of the corrupt cruel system of direct provision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I apologise.

I think you are reading the room incorrectly. The vast majority of Irish people are welcoming the own door system and the dismantling of the corrupt cruel system of direct provision

I think your on the wrong thread.

Not to the majority of people. To a vocal minority on twitter maybe

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll-majority-against-taking-in-fleeing-migrants-1.2217564?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Wow, the Shinner numbers from 6 years ago :D Must have been before they went on their "Woke" offensive.
    Fine Gael supporters were strongest in support of offering to settle migrants with 61 per cent of them in favour while Sinn Féin voters were most strongly opposed with more than 70 per cent against the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I didn't want to say it but I was referring to lefties living in leafy suburbs. Crude but accurate to my point. Campaigned hardest to end dp . These people traditionally won't have to compete for housing. It isn't their issue.

You are referring to the progressive left , the working class left are often socially conservative relatively speaking

The progressive left completely dominate cultural power in this country, media , academia, NGO sector

They are the driving force behind policies re_ " Ending DP " and "hate crime "Bill etc and won't be negatively effected by either

mgn wrote: »
    I think your on the wrong thread.

Direct provision cannot continue in its current form. This is the chosen new system. If people don't like it well that's tough luck. It can't continue

• Advertisement

Direct provision cannot continue in its current form. This is the chosen new system. If people don't like it well that's tough luck. It can't continue

You are dead right about continuing in its current form. We shouldn't allow endless appeals. We should deport 99.99% of applications because they are social welfare migrants and let the miniscule ammounts that are not social welfare migrants stay and join the social housing list.

Advertisement