Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

TomTomTim wrote: »
    All Irish news sites read like student union blogs now days.

Journalists are more like Activists these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Nearly fell out of the bed this morning listening to RTE discuss the shocking story of a DP employee who hadn't got Garda Clearance!!!

Nothing about the lack of checking of the residents who flushed their passports down the Ryanair jacks and their backgrounds...

What about a story on the amount of Adult Children living with parents still cos they cant get on property ladder. Neighbour beside has his 2 x sons in mid twenties back living with him and 1 x son has moved in his pregnant wife as she no longer works and they cant afford to rent now. Now 5 x Adults living in the one house! No 'Own-Door' encouragement for them!

Only now seeing how much RTE spins the news in certain ways..... am shocked how much airtime they gave this.

Masala wrote: »
    Nearly fell out of the bed this morning listening to RTE discuss the shocking story of a DP employee who hadn't got Garda Clearance!!!

Nothing about the lack of checking of the residents who flushed their passports down the Ryanair jacks and their backgrounds...

What about a story on the amount of Adult Children living with parents still cos they cant get on property ladder. Neighbour beside has his 2 x sons in mid twenties back living with him and 1 x son has moved in his pregnant wife as she no longer works and they cant afford to rent now. Now 5 x Adults living in the one house! No 'Own-Door' encouragement for them!

Only now seeing how much RTE spins the news in certain ways..... am shocked how much airtime they gave this.

It’s why I will never pay the TV license. I will not be forced to pay for Woke propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE had another report about Direct Provision on their main segment of the news this morning. This report was from the Children's Ombudsman who carried out the investigation. What was strange was the fact that the investigation was not started by any complaints by parents in Direct Provision, it was the Ombudsman was initiated the investigation. They went looking and they were going to find something.

One of the major complaints found at Direct Provision was that one parent complained about the lack of play area for their children. RTE put a lot of wording on their report into this one complaint from one parent. I am sure that there are Irish families and lone parents currently living in apartments who would also like more play areas for their children. Another complaint from one parent was the threat by staff to have social welfare remove children due to the lack of supervision by the parent(s). Obviously there must have been issues at this Direct Provision centre if staff had to warn this parent about the lack of supervision. This somehow was then reported as a culture of fear in Direct Provision centres.

So with those examples and the lack of vetting, that was the extent of the "concerns" of the Ombudsman in his report. But RTE had it front and centre on the news and they also lamented the long wait until Roderic O' Gorman's plan kicks in, as if this will solve the lack of supervision and play area problem. It is obvious that RTE will continue to push this new protection system plan forward, irrespective of the services cuts and tax hikes that is coming our way. Strange that RTE did not mention the upcoming €12 billion spending cuts on any of their main news segments this morning.

RTE will do what their paymasters tell them to do, the are just puppets with the government pulling the strings,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

gw80 wrote: »
    Surely UK will have to do something about the CTA if Ireland is going to have no cap on migrants of all descriptions, they will use it as a back door into the UK,
    Are we willing to lose the CTA with the UK for majority bogus asylum seekers?

This will happen if this madness is allowed to continue, it will also be a concern to other European country's when the likes of Isis and other terrorists groups are routed through Ireland.
    Get you citizenship here and of you go, all above aboard to do what you like.

There was a time when an Irish passport was one of the best in the world to have, but it wont be long before that changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Sums up the Irish medias approach when someone practices "wrongthink"

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1386938163181101056

The absolute state of the media in this country just one indistinguishable blob

A hivemind. No dissent from the 'mass immigration good' narrative is tolerated. Go against it and you become a pariah. Its becoming so blatantly anti white and anti male that ironically its pushing many people further to the right as society schism along a hard left/right divide. The USA is further along the curve, we can see whats coming down the line .

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

enricoh wrote: »
    No doubt paddy taxpayer was well represented in the zoom call!

Well, taking a look at the sixteen people in that photo posted, a quick google search says that apart from the minister, there are a couple of civil servants from the Dept of Justice.
    The rest are from "Civil society" you know those people that are more virtuous than Paddy or Patricia taxpayer. :rolleyes:

Note that there seems to be a lot of repetition, Migrants Rights Council, Immigrant Council of Ireland, Doras, Crosscare, Crosscare Migrant Project, Clare Immigrant Support Centre. And a solicitor concentrating on immigration law. So there's no gravy train funded by the Dept of Justice there , no sirree.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    to think that piece was written by the deputy editor of a national newspaper is truly grim

reads like it was written by a transition year student

Oddly it makes me quite hopeful that the young wing are more conservative in FG. Maybe we'll get some center right politicians and a party again if they come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It’s why I will never pay the TV license. I will not be forced to pay for Woke propaganda.

going on two years now since i made the decision to stop paying for progressive dogma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Ombudsman report now being dealt with on today fm.

Journalists are more like Activists these days.

They are taught what to think in college then explode onto the scene with their Superman cape and Twitter account to proclaim Irish people as a whole are guilty for colonialism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    going on two years now since i made the decision to stop paying for progressive dogma

6 years. Since we moved into our new place.

6 years. Since we moved into our new place.

23 years since I realised that RTE provide nothing of value. Even before they turned woke, their value was extremely limited... I've noticed that most people I know pay out of habit, and the expectation that they should have a TV rather than them actually using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Feadog999

Well, well, well James Browne now has new responsibilities for immigration. Wonder what his excuse will be for ignoring people now

https://twitter.com/JamesBrowneTD/status/1387124560647045123?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why are they going nuts to hand out Irish passports to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

No opposition to this shoite either, we're rightly fecked lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Edz87 wrote: »
    They are taught what to think in college then explode onto the scene with their Superman cape and Twitter account to proclaim Irish people as a whole are guilty for colonialism etc.

Put another way, they can't, don't or won't think for themselves.

It feels almost as if the entire media (including RTE) are being ruled with an iron fist (NGO's perhaps?) and told what to say and they dare not deviate from the prescribed narrative. But we know that's not the case, they just insist on taking this hard line of ignoring very newsworthy and dangerous facts regarding immigration policy that are right under their noses.

Feadog999 wrote: »
    Well, well, well James Browne now has new responsibilities for immigration. Wonder what his excuse will be for ignoring people now

https://twitter.com/JamesBrowneTD/status/1387124560647045123?s=19

Great! I asked him a question I probably won't get a response to.

https://twitter.com/Michael55741582/status/1387300925610467329

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

Ah FFS Mike, we can just stick it on top of the 12 billion, now stop worrying and get back to work so they can spend your taxes wisely.

• Advertisement

del roy wrote: »
    Ah FFS Mike, we can just stick it on top of the 12 billion, now stop worrying and get back to work so they can spend your taxes wisely.

Well, according to that "Straightforward, Energetic, Efficient" public representative, John McGuiness, Social Media is just being used to "vilify members of the Oireachtas".

I mean, how dare the peons have a voice and criticise the coterie of "Straightforward, Energetic, Efficient" politicians that we elect and pay for.

I know, del. I've overstepped my boundaries. It's head down and back to the cubicle for me!

Because it's less of a headache to hand out the passports.... as opposed to deporting or charging people with criminal actions. This way they get to look all virtuous.

Short term pleasure for long term pain. Naturally, the long term pain will be for other people, so that's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Because it's less of a headache to hand out the passports.... as opposed to deporting or charging people with criminal actions. This way they get to look all virtuous.

Short term pleasure for long term pain. Naturally, the long term pain will be for other people, so that's alright.

If that’s true it’s so depressing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Well, according to that "Straightforward, Energetic, Efficient" public representative, John McGuiness, Social Media is just being used to "vilify members of the Oireachtas".

I mean, how dare the peons have a voice and criticise the coterie of "Straightforward, Energetic, Efficient" politicians that we elect and pay for.

I know, del. I've overstepped my boundaries. It's head down and back to the cubicle for me!

At least the plebs of Rome often had great brave men above them. The plebs of Ireland have to suffer under some of the biggest fools imaginable, people who aren't even respected by those closest to them.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

There was a zoom call with Sorcha Pollack and various other representatives of immigration NGOs and lobbyists and one person asked if only black people could be given immigration status so Ireland could reach the 500,000 tipping point. Even Sorcha Pollack was taken aback by that question and said that she thought it wouldn't be possible, but that it was a good idea if the 500,000 tipping point was reached sooner than later.

So it seems that some people have thought about this and reckon that after about 500,000 "New Irish" :rolleyes: there will be a point at which the momentum becomes such that immigration would continue whether the electorate want it or not.

So that's why the immigration lobby want as much done as quickly as possible before any opposition takes hold.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Feadog999

Marcos wrote: »
    There was a zoom call with Sorcha Pollack and various other representatives of immigration NGOs and lobbyists and one person asked if only black people could be given immigration status so Ireland could reach the 500,000 tipping point. Even Sorcha Pollack was taken aback by that question and said that she thought it wouldn't be possible, but that it was a good idea if the 500,000 tipping point was reached sooner than later.

So it seems that some people have thought about this and reckon that after about 500,000 "New Irish" :rolleyes: there will be a point at which the momentum becomes such that immigration would continue whether the electorate want it or not.

So that's why the immigration lobby want as much done as quickly as possible before any opposition takes hold.

Jesus Christ

Let's face it, the overwhelming result of 2004 Amendment has stuck in the craws of the Radical Left/NGOs for the last 17 years. In that time, Irish people have also gotten to see the results of "Diversity" across Europe in glorious technicolour. So they can accurately see that the public attitude to this is going to be nothing short of hostile. Throw in the upcoming bill for Covid, an increase in taxes and reduction in services, and that hostility will grow.

There is no chance in hell this group wants the public involved in any decision re: Migration. Hence all the cloak-and-dagger, behind-the-scenes activity to railroad policy through.

It really is up to the taxpayer now to stand up and be counted. Petition your local TDs. Question them. Call them out. Start email and Twitter bombing them with questions. Vote for other parties.

If anyone is interested in setting up a more pragmatic, Conservative party/movement, I would be interested in contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm actually worried about how Ireland is going....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Link or further information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I'm actually worried about how Ireland is going....

You're right to be.
    I recently had to remind myself to maintain perspective though. Its very easy to get tunnel vision on topics such as this imo. Im certainly not trying to promote a 'yerra, itll be grand' attitude, quite the opposite Im heartened by all the emails and messages sent to elected representatives and by the people actually plugged in and following the different strands of this process.

Advertisement