Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro cylinder for old nightlatch advice

Options
  • 26-02-2021 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

I've just rennovated an old house with new eurocylinder locks on back door and patio door. I'm planning to get new cylinders for them using the same key for simplicity. I also have an old front door with a nightlatch.

Is it possible to get a lock to fit the nightlatch that would have a eurocylinder or to have a night latch cylinder keyed to the same key as a set of eurocylinders?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ro-76 wrote: »
    I've just rennovated an old house with new eurocylinder locks on back door and patio door. I'm planning to get new cylinders for them using the same key for simplicity. I also have an old front door with a nightlatch.

Is it possible to get a lock to fit the nightlatch that would have a eurocylinder or to have a night latch cylinder keyed to the same key as a set of eurocylinders?

Thanks

You would be better off getting a chubb lock fitted to the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Ro-76 wrote: »

Thanks

Yes this is possible I have Mortice lock and nightlatch on front door keyed the same any locksmiths shop should be able to sell you keyed alike cylinders for both

Advertisement